Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl quits then shows up to watch!

I was up at Lancaster with my daughter's Western team yesterday. On the sidelines watching, was a girl who had recently (mid-season) quit the Stars West team for another team, but had the nerve to show up to the game to "watch". When I said that this was not cool, one of the SW parents said that she and her mom had also shown up to their earlier game....double not cool!!!

I don't think she should have quit at all in the middle of the season (wow, what are we teaching our kids about responsibilty) but then to show up at 2 of their games....did she think these girls she left short handed would be happy to see her?

Go to your new team, and stay there!

Its a free country, maybe she is a member of Occupy Lancaster,

girls soccer get so nasty.......

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I was up at Lancaster with my daughter's Western team yesterday. On the sidelines watching, was a girl who had recently (mid-season) quit the Stars West team for another team, but had the nerve to show up to the game to "watch". When I said that this was not cool, one of the SW parents said that she and her mom had also shown up to their earlier game....double not cool!!!

I don't think she should have quit at all in the middle of the season (wow, what are we teaching our kids about responsibilty) but then to show up at 2 of their games....did she think these girls she left short handed would be happy to see her?

And this involves you how???? Take care of your own household and stop worrying about everyone else

Comment

You're an idiot. What difference does it make who shows up to watch a game? Maybe she
        has friends on the team that she wants to come watch. Maybe she's reconsidering moving back. Maybe there are players she wants to recruit. Maybe she had nothing better to do.

WHO CARES???

You really need to take a deep breath and relax.

Comment

You're an idiot. What difference does it make who shows up to watch a game? Maybe she
          has friends on the team that she wants to come watch. Maybe she's reconsidering moving back. Maybe there are players she wants to recruit. Maybe she had nothing better to do.

WHO CARES???

You really need to take a deep breath and relax.
          Amen!

Comment

Honestly,its a kid for God'ssake. Just because she is now on another team doesn't mean she is no longer or no longer has friends she would like to support. I appplaude her for showing up and condemn you for being a nasty parent/busybody. Get a life.

Comment

Honestly,its a kid for God'ssake. Just because she is now on another team doesn't mean she is no longer or no longer has friends she would like to support. I appplaude her for showing up and condemn you for being a nasty parent/busybody. Get a life.
              I love it!!! This is the most common sense set of responses I've seen in a long while.

Comment

Why didn't you just approach the parent and the child and express your opinion?

Comment

Parents like you are the reason youth sports are better left without adult involvement (wow, what are we teacing our kids about gossiping and not minding our own business about things that don't concern us). The fact that you then came on here to post it shows your maturity level...double not cool!!!

Comment

Why didn't you just approach the parent and the child and express your opinion?
                    Doesn't sound like a good idea since the OP obviously has a chip on his shoulder. Best they leave it alone.

Comment

In the nasty, petty world of club soccer I would consider th a "non Event". I could tell you stories that would make any decent person wretch.

Comment

What if the child left because they came under some issue you might not of thought of like distance is just to far? Folks seriously need to focus on your own child and stop worrying about these kids like some do. Did she also affect the outcome of the game? I think not and if anything it was probably nice for the other kids to see that even if you leave a team it is ok to continue to support your friends. Most likely it was a nice lesson to learn so don't poison the kids thoughts with "she had no right to be there".

In some cases there is a reason that is more legit than anyone would ever have guessed. Not everyone is vindictive and has alternative reasons.

Comment

What if the child left because they came under some issue you might not of thought of like distance is just to far? Folks seriously need to focus on your own child and stop worrying about these kids like some do. Did she also affect the outcome of the game? I think not and if anything it was probably nice for the other kids to see that even if you leave a team it is ok to continue to support your friends. Most likely it was a nice lesson to learn so don't poison the kids thoughts with "she had no right to be there".

In some cases there is a reason that is more legit than anyone would ever have guessed. Not everyone is vindictive and has alternative reasons.
                          Who cares what the reason is? It's none of her business. This girl and her mother have just as much right to be at the field as anyone there yesterday. Maybe she wanted to watch a good soccer game? Ever think of that? I weep for that woman's daughter because her mother is still acting like a 16 year old. I suspect life never got better for her after 16 and thus is trying to hold on for dear life.

Comment

What is it with these parents from Werstern Mass? They seem especially over the top. Especially the group in U14.

Comment

Seems some parents take these things waaaaayyyy more personally than the kids. Most likely kids are rolling their eyes and wishing they could say "Just shut up Dad!".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X