X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Will P.

Named to the U23 MNT Roster!

Congrats indeed. This kid was and apparently is the real deal. Wasn't just looking for a NESCAC. I'm sure having family in England eased the transition, but here's a kid who truly followed his dreams. And of course a fantastic player. One has to be very happy for a kid like this who took the risk, no doubt worked extraordinarily hard, and enjoying top-level success. Outstanding.

Comment

This thread and the response (or lack thereof) after 5 days sort of throws into relief what folks really care about. A ton of interest about the high school tournaments, and a ton of folks battling and debating about identification in a U14 girls thread, and when someone actually does really get identified and "makes it," there's nothing. Sobering and illuminating.

Comment

Perhaps not everyone knows him? But I offer him sincere congratulations this is outstanding. Much success.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Perhaps not everyone knows him? But I offer him sincere congratulations this is outstanding. Much success.
          Sorry - never heard his name before this thread either. I think it's great he's "made it" but since he's an unknown name for us, and we follow a lot of soccer, would imagine it's the same for others.

Comment

Sorry - never heard his name before this thread either. I think it's great he's "made it" but since he's an unknown name for us, and we follow a lot of soccer, would imagine it's the same for others.
            You haven't been following this forum then, because he was mentioned a lot several years ago when he was playing for the Bolts.

Comment

You haven't been following this forum then, because he was mentioned a lot several years ago when he was playing for the Bolts.
              Yes, I'm fairly new to the forum. And let me tell you, it's like Pandora's box. Sometimes I wish I didn't know of its' existence! However, it's great to see a local Massachusetts player make the MNT. How about Scott Caldwell? Was he called up?

Comment

So exciting for WP. In fairness to posters on this local forum, the player left Mass. youth soccer at U15, the age players are just breaking into the spotlight in the local soccer world. So even though he played for Bolts for two years (Inter before that), he wasn't around for DAP or even high school, so only a select group of club players/parents really knew anything about him. Good luck to him.

Comment

So exciting for WP. In fairness to posters on this local forum, the player left Mass. youth soccer at U15, the age players are just breaking into the spotlight in the local soccer world. So even though he played for Bolts for two years (Inter before that), he wasn't around for DAP or even high school, so only a select group of club players/parents really knew anything about him. Good luck to him.
                  Well this is the route that should be encouraged for the truly select few. USMNT should be Euro-based and it does look that they are putting more emphasis on younger players on Euro clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X