Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAP Players to D3 Schools

What's the general # of DAP players that end up going to a D3 school instead of a D1 school? Are there a lot more going to a D3 school than we realize?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What's the general # of DAP players that end up going to a D3 school instead of a D1 school? Are there a lot more going to a D3 school than we realize?

No. There are just enough.

Comment

1/3 or more go D3, generally the ISL profile kids. Some of these reportedly are good enough to play D1 but choose D3 because of academic priorities, even though there are a group of D1s that academically clearly match or exceed elite D3s. So they choose NOT to play at the highest level possible for them, although they say that is why they played DAP because playing at the highest level possible was so important. But at least they can say that they could have played D1 if they wanted to. And presumably there are one or two who play D3 because they actually are D3 level players, but we don't hear about any of these.

Another 1/3 or more play D2 or less elite D3 because they don't have the academic profile to play D1 or more elite D3.

Comment

1/3 or more go D3, generally the ISL profile kids. Some of these reportedly are good enough to play D1 but choose D3 because of academic priorities, even though there are a group of D1s that academically clearly match or exceed elite D3s. So they choose NOT to play at the highest level possible for them, although they say that is why they played DAP because playing at the highest level possible was so important. But at least they can say that they could have played D1 if they wanted to. And presumably there are one or two who play D3 because they actually are D3 level players, but we don't hear about any of these.

Another 1/3 or more play D2 or less elite D3 because they don't have the academic profile to play D1 or more elite D3.
        Reportedly?

Listen, any DAP'er who didn't start each and every game freshman year in D3 IS NOT good enough to play D1. And the number of players who had to wait for time at the D3 level is not inconsiderable.

Please don't come out breathing fire and brimstone until you do your own research on this.

Comment

They play D2 because they don't have the academic profile to play D1?

What? They didn't complete the 16 core courses in high school? Couldn't meet the GPA/SAT combination sliding scale score requirement? For instance - if you have a 2.4 GPA and an 860 SAT, then you're Division 1 eligible.

What kind of dumb piece of granite do you have to be to not be Div 1 Eligible?

Seems to me, if they can't qualify for Div 1 eligibility, then definately they don't need to be playing soccer in college at all - they need to study.

I mean really ...any student with a 2.0 and an 820 SAT - a score which would make them ineligible for Div I, but eligible for Div II doesn't need to be on a practice field 3 hours a day.

They need to be getting a job, or going to school to learn what they should have learned during the 4 years of high school - unless of course they're really tall and can shoot a basketball really well. In that case, they can take their redshirt year at Maryland where none of the basketball players ever seem to graduate anyway.

Comment

They play D2 because they don't have the academic profile to play D1?

What? They didn't complete the 16 core courses in high school? Couldn't meet the GPA/SAT combination sliding scale score requirement? For instance - if you have a 2.4 GPA and an 860 SAT, then you're Division 1 eligible.

What kind of dumb piece of granite do you have to be to not be Div 1 Eligible?

Seems to me, if they can't qualify for Div 1 eligibility, then definately they don't need to be playing soccer in college at all - they need to study.

I mean really ...any student with a 2.0 and an 820 SAT - a score which would make them ineligible for Div I, but eligible for Div II doesn't need to be on a practice field 3 hours a day.

They need to be getting a job, or going to school to learn what they should have learned during the 4 years of high school - unless of course they're really tall and can shoot a basketball really well. In that case, they can take their redshirt year at Maryland where none of the basketball players ever seem to graduate anyway.
            Very odd rant, but why aren't you harping on why these kids are playing DAP? Maybe that's not helping their high school performance. And some play D2 because they are not D1 players and the D2 soccer factories will take them.

Comment

Reportedly?

Listen, any DAP'er who didn't start each and every game freshman year in D3 IS NOT good enough to play D1. And the number of players who had to wait for time at the D3 level is not inconsiderable.

Please don't come out breathing fire and brimstone until you do your own research on this.
              Hey buddy, no fire and brimstone here. I was being sarcastic. Of course I don't think there are hardly any D1 quality players playing D3. There are schools out there for the academic superstars who also happen to be athletic, D1 caliber superstars. Duke, Stanford, UNC, UVA, Michigan, Berkeley, Northwestern, and all of the Ivies, to quickly name more than a dozen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X