X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who should coach the Revs?

http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/news...ch-steve-nicol
    Nicol out as Revs coach. Who's next? JD? BB? PM? DS? FM? RL?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think you listed the new staff in its entirety

Comment

Francis Okaroh.

Comment

BB = Boates?

Personally, I'd like to see the Captain take over. Coach Marino would take them to the next level.

Comment

BB = Boates?

Personally, I'd like to see the Captain take over. Coach Marino would take them to the next level.
          Well, they both certainly could stock the Revs with a huge crop of U12 and under cheerleaders....Do you think they can quickly gain the respect of the Revs players? They both do conjure up memories of Vince Lombardi.

Comment

It's the Revs. Who cares?!?!

Comment

Seriously, it was a classy departure.

Comment

Bill Buckner

Comment

It's the Revs. Who cares?!?!
                  And here is their number one problem. Even people who visit Massachusetts soccer chat boards don't give a rats azz about them.

Sad, sad, sad.

Comment

And here is their number one problem. Even people who visit Massachusetts soccer chat boards don't give a rats azz about them.

Sad, sad, sad.
                    I sent an email to the Revs to let them know about this forum so they can post the Head Coach position in here. There seem to be plenty of parents who spend hours a day in here who are more than qualified to turn the Revs into a top shelf team.

Comment

The Revs need far more than just a coach. They need someone who can score, they need a central midfielder with youth and speed, they need a dominating central defender...and, yes, they need a goalie. Once they get these then whatever coach they select will have a decent time..

Comment

An organ grinder monkey could do what Nicol did with that team the last 3 years, what with the exodus of every quality player they have ever had.

The coach won't matter as long as there is zero committment to quality players.

Comment

The Revs need far more than just a coach. They need someone who can score, they need a central midfielder with youth and speed, they need a dominating central defender...and, yes, they need a goalie. Once they get these then whatever coach they select will have a decent time..
                          I'm not going to disagree with the sentiments here, but let me just add this: As the season went on, the Revs got better at scoring goals. Not great, but better. I think with a core of guys like Feilhaber, Zerka, Caraglio, Fagundez as a super sub and Joseph if he re-signs, maybe some other returners like Ryan Guy, they will have a strong enough nucleus to put the ball in the net. I'd love to see them add to that core with a bona fide striker and CM playmaker, but I'm not at all optimistic that they can or will. Nevertheless, their problem later in the season was conceding killer goals. AJ Soares is OK, Kevin Alston is OK, but the rest of the revolving cast of characters on the backline is horrible. Plug the leaks in the back and a guy like Shuttleworth is probably a good enough MLS-level keeper. I think it will be a few years before they can get back to MLS Cup contender status, but I think the core of guys I mentioned, along with some guys who suit your wish list, and the Revs are back to being a playoff team. For whatever that is worth.

I'd also add I think a new coach is important because I think Nicol's defense-first, physical style had just gotten stale. I'd like to see a more attack-minded, possession style team. I just don't know how quickly you can get there in one year.

Comment

I'm not going to disagree with the sentiments here, but let me just add this: As the season went on, the Revs got better at scoring goals. Not great, but better. I think with a core of guys like Feilhaber, Zerka, Caraglio, Fagundez as a super sub and Joseph if he re-signs, maybe some other returners like Ryan Guy, they will have a strong enough nucleus to put the ball in the net. I'd love to see them add to that core with a bona fide striker and CM playmaker, but I'm not at all optimistic that they can or will. Nevertheless, their problem later in the season was conceding killer goals. AJ Soares is OK, Kevin Alston is OK, but the rest of the revolving cast of characters on the backline is horrible. Plug the leaks in the back and a guy like Shuttleworth is probably a good enough MLS-level keeper. I think it will be a few years before they can get back to MLS Cup contender status, but I think the core of guys I mentioned, along with some guys who suit your wish list, and the Revs are back to being a playoff team. For whatever that is worth.

I'd also add I think a new coach is important because I think Nicol's defense-first, physical style had just gotten stale. I'd like to see a more attack-minded, possession style team. I just don't know how quickly you can get there in one year.
                            What it's worth is quite a lot, thank you. Your post and opinion that is. Seems, OP included, you are the only poster on this thread who actually follows, cares about, and dare I guess, even attends(?!?) the Revs games. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Tony DiCiccio is available.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X