Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast vs Blazers

I was at Lancaster Sun AM around 1'ish and thought I saw Seacoast United playing FC Blazers, was I wrong? Just curious as I don't know of a league where both these teams particiapte. Looked like U13 or possibly U14 boys.

Friendly, Seacoast United 98 Pre-Academy against either U14 or U13 Blazer, not quite sure which.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Friendly, Seacoast United 98 Pre-Academy against either U14 or U13 Blazer, not quite sure which.
      Probably Seacoast U13: 1998 as the 1997 team has not started full training as of yet.
      The Seacoast 1998 is fair, but did lose to the Bolts 1998 team 4-0.

Comment

It was the Seacoast u13 academy team against the Blazers u12. It was a friendly. Seacoast won 2 to 1. Very, very good game.

Comment

It was the Seacoast u13 academy team against the Blazers u12. It was a friendly. Seacoast won 2 to 1. Very, very good game.

Can we use this result, and the fact that the Bolts U13 PreAcademy team beat Seacoast 4-0, to suggest that the DAP teams are possibly better than the nonDAP teams??

Comment

Original poster ... Thanks for the info, what a few minutes of the game and it was competitive. Was going to post early that with all the BS you read in these post its good to see friendlies happening, but then the dap/non-dap stuff started... Give me a break.... Good work Seacoast and Blazers

Comment

Original poster ... Thanks for the info, what a few minutes of the game and it was competitive. Was going to post early that with all the BS you read in these post its good to see friendlies happening, but then the dap/non-dap stuff started... Give me a break.... Good work Seacoast and Blazers

Why are you surprised or even annoyed to see the DAP/non-DAP stuff start? Why do you think FO chose to scrimmage Seacoast. On the one hand it is good competition, however, it is also a chance for him to compare his team to a DAP team. Do you think that there would be any time lost in advertising it if the Blazers won???

It would be a huge selling point for Okaroh to show that his teams can beat the DAP teams. It is also a good selling point to try to advertise that his teams compete with the DAP teams. Fact is that they took on one of the weaker DAP teams in the Northeast....and lost. The win/lose thing is really of no consequence as it was a 'friendly'. However, if you don't think that Okaroh went there to win then you don't know the man very well at all.

I'll admit that I am wrong, however, if you were to tell me that all the Blazer kids got great amount of play time and kids were rotated around.....afterall, it was just a scrimmage....a good opportunity to challenge you boys with different scenarios. However, I don't think that this was the case. I do believe that this was a chance for Okaroh to strut his stuff.

Comment

OP here, wow.....these r kids and to think these coaches stoop to that level only to flex their testosterone..should have known before I posted, I am just a lowly town parent watching a friend play, glad my kid is not good enough to be involved with such non sense

Comment

OP here, wow.....these r kids and to think these coaches stoop to that level only to flex their testosterone..should have known before I posted, I am just a lowly town parent watching a friend play, glad my kid is not good enough to be involved with such non sense

I doubt that you are this naive. Youth soccer has become a very very big business. Coaches and DOCs.......and parents have the potential to be ruthless. Even coaches that have their hearts in the right place and truly want to train young soccer players, realize that in order to do so you need to have financial support and resources. Everyone with a field is willing to rent it....nothing is free. To get the resources to allow you to support your dreams you need to attract players/parents/families. Somehow or another you have to convince them that your place, your clinic, your club is the one to be at.......You tell me how coaches are able to do this. How are they able to build their reputation so that people want to go there?

Training
                  Locations.....cost.....
                  Level of competition
                  Success.......the most ill-defined word in this entire conversation

FO is a master at this and can attract players/families as well as or better than anyone else. I have no doubt in my mind that he wanted to win the game against a DAP club as much as anything else.

Comment

Hey guys, don't forget, this was a u12 team against an academy u13. The score was quite respectable at 2 to 1!!!

Comment

I doubt that you are this naive. Youth soccer has become a very very big business. Coaches and DOCs.......and parents have the potential to be ruthless. Even coaches that have their hearts in the right place and truly want to train young soccer players, realize that in order to do so you need to have financial support and resources. Everyone with a field is willing to rent it....nothing is free. To get the resources to allow you to support your dreams you need to attract players/parents/families. Somehow or another you have to convince them that your place, your clinic, your club is the one to be at.......You tell me how coaches are able to do this. How are they able to build their reputation so that people want to go there?

Training
                      Locations.....cost.....
                      Level of competition
                      Success.......the most ill-defined word in this entire conversation

FO is a master at this and can attract players/families as well as or better than anyone else. I have no doubt in my mind that he wanted to win the game against a DAP club as much as anything else.
                      Not a Blazers parent, just an admirer of this U12 team that I have seen play on several occasions. You are being overly cynical, which is typical of the criticism leveled against the Blazers on these forums. Bolts scrimmaged WU this weekend. By this logic, WU only did it to brag about beating Bolts, the only club DAP program in the state.

From a less cynical point of view, this says a lot for the Blazers trying to develop this team. They haven't been challenged by any age appropriate team locally either in Maple or tournaments. So DC (who coaches this team, not FO) agreed to scrimmage his kids even though Blazers played a league game on Sunday at 2:30. Good for them. If Blazers only cared about winning, they wouldn't have done this. My guess is this was the only time Seacoast could play. I saw the Blazers game at 2:30 and if the OP is correct about date and time they looked pretty good for a team that just played a tough opponent.

Comment

Hey guys, don't forget, this was a u12 team against an academy u13. The score was quite respectable at 2 to 1!!!
                        This is academy U13 - so they go by calendar year 1998

Comment

This is academy U13 - so they go by calendar year 1998
                          Which makes it even more amazing that a team with 99-2000 birth year would only lose to a Preacademy 1998 (u13/U14) team by a score of 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            which makes it even more amazing that a team with 99-2000 birth year would only lose to a preacademy 1998 (u13/u14) team by a score of 2-1
                            go blazers!!!!

Comment

go blazers!!!!
                              To bad their u10 and u11 are horrible!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X