Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 Bolts Pre-Academy

Why isn't anyone outraged? We're spending so much money for "development," but how can our boys develop with a new coach everyday, not to mention the defensive formations, and the scrimmage only practices?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why isn't anyone outraged? We're spending so much money for "development," but how can our boys develop with a new coach everyday, not to mention the defensive formations, and the scrimmage only practices?
    They are just preparing you for HS AND college soccer.

Comment

This is why being the only preaacademy team in this area is not a good idea. Bolts know they have it made so why work hard- parents will flock over anyway 'cause it's pre-DAP!!

Comment

If you're unhappy, please go and find another club with being such a closet coward by posting a rant without a single specific factual detail. I'm sure the team won't miss you and your bitter gutless mentality.

Comment

Are you and your family actually spending the money, or are you a Bolts-hater and want to take any chance to portray the team/club in a negative way? You say 'we're' spending so much money such that readers are supposed to think that you are an involved family who has taken it upon themself to speak on behalf of all others. If you are involved then you also have the right to leave and save both yourself the anguish and ill-will, and to save us from having to listen to you.

On the other hand, if you are a team parent then please be more specific. 'A new coach everyday', would mean that you have seen more than 10-12 Bolts coaches. Which of these do you like best??
          Seriously, you can go and spend more money on any number of other clubs. I suggest you do so, since, for you and your child, I don't know if it is going to get any better.

Comment

If you're unhappy, please go and find another club with being such a closet coward by posting a rant without a single specific factual detail. I'm sure the team won't miss you and your bitter gutless mentality.
            This is obviously a post from the famous 'bolts defender' - you forgot to say his/her kid got cut (oops - he's on the team).

Comment

Are you and your family actually spending the money, or are you a Bolts-hater and want to take any chance to portray the team/club in a negative way? You say 'we're' spending so much money such that readers are supposed to think that you are an involved family who has taken it upon themself to speak on behalf of all others. If you are involved then you also have the right to leave and save both yourself the anguish and ill-will, and to save us from having to listen to you.

On the other hand, if you are a team parent then please be more specific. 'A new coach everyday', would mean that you have seen more than 10-12 Bolts coaches. Which of these do you like best??
              Seriously, you can go and spend more money on any number of other clubs. I suggest you do so, since, for you and your child, I don't know if it is going to get any better.
              I suggest ignoring anonymous vague posts. More specifics, fine. But without that, there's nothing to respond to.

Comment

Is this team competitive ? Do hey play nep or just northeast?

Comment

If I was a Bolts parent I'd focus my energy on figuring out why the club is failing this group of kids. They have not won a match since they played Seacoast way back in September. Certainly something is contributing to this decline since overall they seem like a capable bunch.

Comment

MaYYN9

If I was a Bolts parent I'd focus my energy on figuring out why the club is failing this group of kids. They have not won a match since they played Seacoast way back in September. Certainly something is contributing to this decline since overall they seem like a capable bunch.
                    Given these results, I wonder whether it is worth spending all that much time (and money) having a team travel to NY etc etc when this team would have found even competition around. I'm not trying to bash the team; I do think this team has a lot of potential and the coach is truly good, just asking if pre-DAP is a good choice.

Comment

It would be great to see a scrimmage against one of the top Maple or NEP teams. That would provide a guage as to whether the investment into travelling to these exotic North East academy locations is worth it. It's probably not what the Bolts would do as it may cause a loss in recruitment ability. On the other hand with the results they are producing I would think the tendency is to travel less, stay local and play more.

Comment

98 Bolts scrimmaged U14 MPS team two weeks ago. Bolts did not score a goal.

Comment

98 Bolts scrimmaged U14 MPS team two weeks ago. Bolts did not score a goal.
                          ....and......did MPS score anything? How was the game??
                          The 98 Bolts is considered a U13 team in the Northeast Division goes by calender year as opposed to Massachusetts leagues.

Comment

Yes, MPS managed to score quite a few goals during the scrimmage. The same MPS squad has faced other 98 pre-academy teams (Crew, Cosmos) over the past year at various tournaments and each time, though younger, the pre-academy teams have been very competitive. 98 Bolts have a very long year ahead of them.

Comment

Yes, MPS managed to score quite a few goals during the scrimmage. The same MPS squad has faced other 98 pre-academy teams (Crew, Cosmos) over the past year at various tournaments and each time, though younger, the pre-academy teams have been very competitive. 98 Bolts have a very long year ahead of them.
                              Your concern is touching. But it doesn't concern you, it has no affect on your daily existence, and you should therefor just try to focus all your free time on something just a little more important.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X