X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass v. Turf

Which do you prefer for the pitch?

It is obviously labor intensive to maintain natural grass when it sees the type of use associated with multiple soccer training sessions and matches.

It's expensive to turf a field.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Which do you prefer for the pitch?

It is obviously labor intensive to maintain natural grass when it sees the type of use associated with multiple soccer training sessions and matches.

It's expensive to turf a field.
    My kid plays on turf while at home. Once you get the feel for it, you can play a nice passing game. When you go grass, especially when it's left high, the kids usually struggle to not hit short passes. I've seen some disastrous results. However in November, around playoff time, the grass mud puddles become a disgrace. No soccer there. Turf wins in Mass if you can afford to.

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My kid plays on turf while at home. Once you get the feel for it, you can play a nice passing game. When you go grass, especially when it's left high, the kids usually struggle to not hit short passes. I've seen some disastrous results. However in November, around playoff time, the grass mud puddles become a disgrace. No soccer there. Turf wins in Mass if you can afford to.
      I've replaced the grass at all my houses with turf. Its best for those who can afford it.

Comment

As George Best said, I've never smoked AstroTurf...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X