Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rating Western Mass Premier Clubs

Looking for input on clubs, big or small. Anybody who can share experiences, not just rumors, would love to hear from you.

Western United, SDA, Pioneers, FC Mass, in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I forgot to add Stars West for the girls side. Toss up with Western for #1 between Stars West and WU for girls. Boys side SW is irrelevant.

Comment

SDA teams do very well for the size of their available player pool. I have seen several of there teams play in the last couple of years at various events at Lancaster and I must say they all play some great possesion soccer.

Comment

SDA teams do very well for the size of their available player pool. I have seen several of there teams play in the last couple of years at various events at Lancaster and I must say they all play some great possesion soccer.
          Haha this is laughable! Another sad attempt at mentioning SDA as a reputable club! GO WU!

Comment

Western United, only club in Western Mass

Comment

Haha this is laughable! Another sad attempt at mentioning SDA as a reputable club! GO WU!
              SDA is a) very small; b) quite reputable; c)seems to train their kids very well and d)doesn't win very often against big clubs due to (a). Nice small club, but not a power house by any means. Personally, if I was in that area, I'd go with WU and then SDA and then Stars West and then Pioneers, but at least there is some limited choice out there.

Comment

coach/team

I didn't base my decision on where my child plays on which club is best. We are with our current club based on the coach, and my child's good relationship with the coach and teammates. I see improvement in my child's skills and the team does okay. I don't care if everyone else thinks it's the best club. No club has the best coaches and teams at every level for boys and girls. Do what is best for your child.

Comment

FC Mass could end up being a good club. They use UMASS fields for practice and games. The coaching is pretty good and will improve.

Comment

I didn't base my decision on where my child plays on which club is best. We are with our current club based on the coach, and my child's good relationship with the coach and teammates. I see improvement in my child's skills and the team does okay. I don't care if everyone else thinks it's the best club. No club has the best coaches and teams at every level for boys and girls. Do what is best for your child.
                    Couldn't agree more. Do your own homework. Attend practices and games, ask the coach's questions. Talk to actual parents (and not the anonymous rants that are here). Please don't rely on these boards to provide you insight into your decision.

Comment

Western United, only club in Western Mass
                      Not a Pioneers fan by any means, but I think they'd dispute your assertion.

- Odie

Comment

Two of the best coaches I've seen in this area were/are with VSA. Even in the Stars organization, there are coaches that are terrible.

Do what is in the best interest of your child and your family. Traveling 2 hours 3-4 days a week can put a HUGE strain on your child and your family. Consider ALL aspects when you choose a team.

SDA, you have many very skilled players. They may not all be on the same team and thus, the club doesn't get the recognition it deserves, but most SDA players consistantly have a solid skill base, and the ability to read the field and play as a team. Don't listen to the big club snobs.

Comment

Is it true that the Pioneers are folding? I have heard this on 2 or 3 occasions. I can't imagine this would happen considering they use it as a feeder for Ludlow HS

Comment

Is it true that the Pioneers are folding? I have heard this on 2 or 3 occasions. I can't imagine this would happen considering they use it as a feeder for Ludlow HS
                            I heard Western and Pioneers were merging.

Comment

Or go to SW for "greener fields", they truely prax. in the most dangerous area of Spring. and W. Springfield (where there was a murder last year). Students from AIC even admit it is hard to believe a group of parents would drop off young girls to spend leisure time there when in true life the students are running from the area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X