Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club Soccer Fields

Is it me, or are a lot of club fields glorified cow pastures? It is so embarrassing to play a high level club only to see a crap field. With all the money parents are paying, you would think the club would provide decent fields. Which are the worst out there?

Why???

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why???
      Read the post to figure out why.

Comment

Is it me, or are a lot of club fields glorified cow pastures? It is so embarrassing to play a high level club only to see a crap field. With all the money parents are paying, you would think the club would provide decent fields. Which are the worst out there?

This topic is very interesting from two angles. While it is true that we pay a lot of money for the club experience. Our team practices on a great turf field.....and then goes to play on grass fields of varying quality. In this regard one wonders why they have to play on varying quality grass fields. The great benefit of practicing on Turf is that rain won't necessarily cancel the practice. I suspect that you will pay more for the practice fields than the game fields.

The other angle of this is that when our boys go to play on a grass field, they are not as fast and their passing is off......it is not as easy to go from a Turf to Grass field compared to going from Grass to Turf. One might even conclude that you might be better of practicing on grass........

Comment

This can't be about NEP clubs since they promised everyone better fields to go along with the better refs and development.

Comment

This can't be about NEP clubs since they promised everyone better fields to go along with the better refs and development.
            Funny, have you seen the 40x40 dirt patch that Stars West practices on. They wish they had a cow pasture

Comment

Funny, have you seen the 40x40 dirt patch that Stars West practices on. They wish they had a cow pasture
              That's only the part where the baseball infield is :-)

Comment

This topic is very interesting from two angles. While it is true that we pay a lot of money for the club experience. Our team practices on a great turf field.....and then goes to play on grass fields of varying quality. In this regard one wonders why they have to play on varying quality grass fields. The great benefit of practicing on Turf is that rain won't necessarily cancel the practice. I suspect that you will pay more for the practice fields than the game fields.

The other angle of this is that when our boys go to play on a grass field, they are not as fast and their passing is off......it is not as easy to go from a Turf to Grass field compared to going from Grass to Turf. One might even conclude that you might be better of practicing on grass........
                Not sure why you think turf to grass is harder. Ever try to practice on grass and then watch the kids first touch and weight of their passes be off when they go from grass to turf on game day? I think it is at least as hard to do that. Either way it makes a great excuse.

Comment

Stars West is probably attempting to replicate the frozen postage stamp Stars Main uses all winter in Acton in hopes they can find similar successes. ;)

Comment

Stars West is probably attempting to replicate the frozen postage stamp Stars Main uses all winter in Acton in hopes they can find similar successes. ;)
                    Just like turf only cheaper!

Comment

The worst fields are the game fields provided by the Scorpions for the younger boys and girls teams. These fields are the Braintree Middle School on Peach street.

Comment

Not sure why you think turf to grass is harder. Ever try to practice on grass and then watch the kids first touch and weight of their passes be off when they go from grass to turf on game day? I think it is at least as hard to do that. Either way it makes a great excuse.

I don't believe that anyone is making excuses especially since no excuse was made. I have seen many very talented ball handlers, who have trained almost entirely on Turf, who appear significantly slower and in less control when they move to grass. There is little doubt that the ball will move faster on any turf than on grass fields that have not been finely cut. There is also little doubt that grass fields are, by and large, bumpier than turf fields. With these in mind, the player who can control the ball from many angles on a grass field is more likely to be able to do so on a turf field. The reverse or corrollary is not necessarily true.

Comment

The worst fields are the game fields provided by the Scorpions for the younger boys and girls teams. These fields are the Braintree Middle School on Peach street.
                          Amen.

Comment

I second that

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X