Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obnoxious Winners

I am all for giving credit to teams that play well. The girls deserve their "congratulations and well dones." And the parents are right to cheer them on.

What I despise is parents who spend the majority of the day drinking beer in between games at a tournament and then show up to the final only to treat every thing their kid does like it was the freaking World Cup.

The level of obnoxious is beyond me. Your kids played awesome. Your parents made fools of themselves beyond belief.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am all for giving credit to teams that play well. The girls deserve their "congratulations and well dones." And the parents are right to cheer them on.

What I despise is parents who spend the majority of the day drinking beer in between games at a tournament and then show up to the final only to treat every thing their kid does like it was the freaking World Cup.

The level of obnoxious is beyond me. Your kids played awesome. Your parents made fools of themselves beyond belief.
    What tournament was this?

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered

What tournament was this?

If it was the World Cup in Nashua, then that would explain why parents were treating it like the 'World Cup'

Comment

What parents need to realize is that when they act like that--jeering the ref,
        parking themselves behind the opposing side and doing nothing
        less than what can be considered coaching from the sideline, they ruin the event
        for everyone. There's no need to act like trailer trash when you
        are clearly the better team. Be proud of your kids without
        embarrassing them. If you act like that when you win what
        happens when you lose? Stop drinking before your kids games.

of play that they are so proud of

Comment

Parents on this forum act like that everyday, without the excuse of alcohol consumption.

It's shameful, and one of the reasons that I and many other crdible potential contributors only flip through here once a month, or less frequently.

You all deserve each other.

Comment

Although the RI Rays have folded, their spirit lives on.

Comment

Parents on this forum act like that everyday, without the excuse of alcohol consumption.

It's shameful, and one of the reasons that I and many other crdible potential contributors only flip through here once a month, or less frequently.

You all deserve each other.
              We had a bad one a few weeks ago. U12 girls....the father was ALL OVER his daughter....criticizing her every move. To make things worse, their team was pounding our team by 5 goals.....and their coach was trying to get them to work on some skills (rather than run up the score).....and the father only wanted to immediately push the ball up to score more goals.....and wanted his daughter in the mix on EVERY chance. A few of our parents had to tell him to clam up and let the girls play. We ended up losing by 7 goals.....and the father was almost doing backflips when their team got the last few goals.....it was embarssing.

It kills me to see the fat, dough-boy fathers try to live their failed athletic prowess through their childrens activities. I feel like telling them if they want to see some true effort.....go try to run a 9 minute mile......I'll take the video.

If you do nothing but eat doughnuts all day........then pipe up and let the rest of us enjoy our afternoon.

Comment

8 Psychotic Overreactions by Adults at Youth Sporting Events

Comment

We had a bad one a few weeks ago. U12 girls....the father was ALL OVER his daughter....criticizing her every move. To make things worse, their team was pounding our team by 5 goals.....and their coach was trying to get them to work on some skills (rather than run up the score).....and the father only wanted to immediately push the ball up to score more goals.....and wanted his daughter in the mix on EVERY chance. A few of our parents had to tell him to clam up and let the girls play. We ended up losing by 7 goals.....and the father was almost doing backflips when their team got the last few goals.....it was embarssing.

It kills me to see the fat, dough-boy fathers try to live their failed athletic prowess through their childrens activities. I feel like telling them if they want to see some true effort.....go try to run a 9 minute mile......I'll take the video.

If you do nothing but eat doughnuts all day........then pipe up and let the rest of us enjoy our afternoon.
                  Did his daughter play for NEFC and happen to have an accent?

Comment

In this particular game, the girls WERE outstanding. They were a year or more older than their opponents and it was evident by their play and strength. Kudos to them. They didn't need the sideline antics. Their parents on the other hand yelled instructions from the sidelines, hooted and hollered at every remote chance they could and chest bumped each other whenever they scored. Even when they were already up by 3 goals.

It was an embarrassment and one reason why I will NEVER allow my daughter to play for that club. I don't think my liver could take the prerequisite six pack between games.

Comment

Embarrasment

Soccer is a sport. It isn't an art like ballet. Guys drink beer and watch sports. I bet you are one of those mom's who criticize dads who don't get involved in their daughter's activities. You can't have it both ways cupcake.

Women's sports only chance of getting any traction is if the dad's continue to have an interest, because women surely don't support women's sports.

So time to toughen up a tad and get used to a little boorish behavior, or stick to recitals as an alternative.

Comment

Soccer is a sport. It isn't an art like ballet. Guys drink beer and watch sports. I bet you are one of those mom's who criticize dads who don't get involved in their daughter's activities. You can't have it both ways cupcake.

Women's sports only chance of getting any traction is if the dad's continue to have an interest, because women surely don't support women's sports.

So time to toughen up a tad and get used to a little boorish behavior, or stick to recitals as an alternative.
                        Sad statement. This is youth sports and those parents should be setting better examples for their children. Ridiculous.

Comment

Did his daughter play for NEFC and happen to have an accent?
                          I think I've heard that guy! Maybe on a u12 team last year?

Comment

Its fine to drink beer and watch sports...in your home, or in a stadium where it is allowed. The fact is, drinking is NOT allowed at any MYSA, or other state youth sanctioned events.

The bottom line is though, most parents like you don't need to drink a few to be obnoxious and boorsih. Its who you are.

Comment

Its fine to drink beer and watch sports...in your home, or in a stadium where it is allowed. The fact is, drinking is NOT allowed at any MYSA, or other state youth sanctioned events.

The bottom line is though, most parents like you don't need to drink a few to be obnoxious and boorsih. Its who you are.
                              We were at Nashua a couple of years ago where a team from Canada's parents were doing shots in the parking lot. Couple the shots with the cowbells and the horns and it makes you long for new York parents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X