Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winter soccer u9 or u10 central ma

looking for something for 8 year old girl.

Options I have found so far: FC Stars, NEFC, Scorpions West, Abbey Villa, FC spartans
    All are within 20 minutes driving.

Does it matter so much at this age?

Try to find out who will run the sessions. At this age it is a delicate balance and I think the trainer and facility (and even the day of week and time) is more important than the club.

Comment

At that age, you need her with at least one friend, if not several. Ask advice from fellow parents on your town team or someone with an older player. You need it to be fun and convenient as well as instructive or she'll stop wanting to go and you'll both be tortured (or you'll just give up and have wasted your money).

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        At that age, you need her with at least one friend, if not several. Ask advice from fellow parents on your town team or someone with an older player. You need it to be fun and convenient as well as instructive or she'll stop wanting to go and you'll both be tortured (or you'll just give up and have wasted your money).
        Not true! Time to make friends that have the same interest.

Comment

looking for something for 8 year old girl.

Options I have found so far: FC Stars, NEFC, Scorpions West, Abbey Villa, FC spartans
          All are within 20 minutes driving.

Does it matter so much at this age?
          TP FC Stars of MA runs the academy program for them. GREAT coach for that age.

Comment

www.fcspartans.com run an academy program with the New England Revolution Academy at the Milford Youth Center (Sunday's 8-9:30am). Eight sessions spread out during the winter for 100 bucks

Comment

Two parents I'm familiar with thought the Stars was a waste of money. I tend to disagree but to each person different things matter.

FC Spartans new to the block and they have many weaker teams.

This is not the place to get opinions that count. Ask parents, attend sessions, call the coach.

Comment

first dont listen to negative stuff here. Someone is bound to come in and bash.. but seriously at that age, look for ease to transport and fun. Do not pay an arm and a leg... way to young to start that! Also at that age, she should be doing other things - better development - well rounded individual is what you want! Good luck and have FUN!!!!

Comment

If Gerry Padilla or Ampone Ketovang (spelling?) are running any clinics, I would suggest them.

Look for the best trainer, not club, and look for the trainer who teaches rather than just demonstrate. What I mean by that is look for a trainer that will go around to players and correct that which needs correcting, not just stand in fron of the group and say "Do this".

Comment

"Central" MA could mean alot of locations but if your far enough west then Liverpool, Hamlets and Napoli all provide winter training. I would agree with previous poster that it's not the club's other teams you should be looking at but rather who is actually training your kid. GL

Comment

"Central" MA could mean alot of locations but if your far enough west then Liverpool, Hamlets and Napoli all provide winter training. I would agree with previous poster that it's not the club's other teams you should be looking at but rather who is actually training your kid. GL
                      Training in AUBURN, Steve has worked with my kids, great stuff

Director: Steve Vince

Former Professional Player

Playing Experience:

Atworth United
                      Bath City F.C.
                      Chippenham College Football Academy

Coaching:

Fuller Hamlets Soccer Club
                      Elite Soccer Academy
                      MLS Camps
                      Swindon Town F.C. Coach in the Community (Professional Team)
                      Futball De Salo (Brazilian Football) Coach
                      Sportzcoach

Futball De Salo (Brazilian Football) Coaching
                      SBC (Strength Based Coaching) Certificate
                      The Football Association Child Protection and Best Practice
                      English Football Association (FA) Levels 1 and 2

stevekvince@yahoo.co.uk

Comment

For 8 years old the answer is different than that 11-14 age range.

Getting a trusted endorsement from another parent should be a priority. The advice about having a friend or two is a good idea. At this age "fun" comes down to comfort and confidence. The club is irrelevant compared to the nature of instruction, as someone mentioned a coach or two that will spend time for individual attention to help build that comfort on the ball and confidence through improvement. If the kid is just part of a cattle call and alone, it won't be the best experience it can be.

Comment

I agree my daughter started with wanderers program at hamlets but quickly found the Napoli footskill clinics recommended from a friend. My experience best footskill clinics around by far my daughter still goes to them to this day even though he is 14. They start this sunday if you want to look it up it"s Fcnapoli.net

Comment

I agree my daughter started with wanderers program at hamlets but quickly found the Napoli footskill clinics recommended from a friend. My experience best footskill clinics around by far my daughter still goes to them to this day even though he is 14. They start this sunday if you want to look it up it"s Fcnapoli.net
                            Real Futbal Academy, run by Phonetip Ketnouvong is the best around, bar none and a big plus is no affiliation with any premier club (officially, of course)

Comment

Gerry has winter clinics, information located here:

http://fcunitedmass.com/Page.asp?n=5...unitedmass.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X