• Show
Clear All

ODP - 2000 Boys

How are the ODP sessions going?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How are the ODP sessions going?
    Good.

Comment

Not so good. They spend half the time doing scrimmages- which would be fine if there was some organization during the scrimmages- there's very little correction of plays. For example, instead of making the goalie play the ball out from the back they allow him to punt it. Kids play whatever position they want - so almost everyone plays mid or offense. On the plus side, they are many good players.

Comment

Not so good. They spend half the time doing scrimmages- which would be fine if there was some organization during the scrimmages- there's very little correction of plays. For example, instead of making the goalie play the ball out from the back they allow him to punt it. Kids play whatever position they want - so almost everyone plays mid or offense. On the plus side, they are many good players.

I would agree, it's like a pickup scrimmage, no discipline in staying in position and the kids bunched together. So much for playing good soccer. It's a sprint down to the goalie and not too many passes back and working the ball up slowly.

Comment

Sounds very similar to the summer camps. A short training session and then scrimmage. I'm sure they are just going to let the clubs train and then use these sessions more to identify the state team down the road. Doesn't seem like it's worth the cost or travel at this age.

Comment

I think they were just trying to leverage the ODP name for whatever that is worth. It is much different than the '99 and older programs where they cut and then train to play other states. Probably decent training but not ODP calibre or program goals.

Comment

I think they were just trying to leverage the ODP name for whatever that is worth. It is much different than the '99 and older programs where they cut and then train to play other states. Probably decent training but not ODP calibre or program goals.

How many 1999 boys will they cut down too and how did they start off with?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X