Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents Jeer Injured Player

Watched an unsettling performance of Stars parents/coaches deride an opposing player and call out for her to be attacked. The game was last weekend in Springfield, and I just found out that the player has a broken leg. What I witnessed was so distubing that my daughter and I left the field and drove home.
    The apparent intent of the parents and verbal instructions from the coach were clearly heard by all with their malicous intent to do harm.
    This is the worst behavior I have witnessed (although have read of other similar parental/coaching behavior) and would like to see the incident investigated.
    Can someone inform me of the proper body to report this to, like FIFA or another.
    Who has the jurisdiction in this case? Who would investigate it? I believe the coach should be censored, and the parents identified publically.

What age?

Call JD.

Comment

Call your team coach first to make sure there is no misunderstanding. The ask for a meeting with your clubs owner and the coach to inform them of your intent to address this. I commend you for doing something. I've seen two games now where parents are signalling or yelling to take someone out. Purely nut heads that deserve to be banned from the playing field during the game. Not one of the leagues would support such behavior. Next time pull out the phone a get a small clip for evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Call your team coach first to make sure there is no misunderstanding. The ask for a meeting with your clubs owner and the coach to inform them of your intent to address this. I commend you for doing something. I've seen two games now where parents are signalling or yelling to take someone out. Purely nut heads that deserve to be banned from the playing field during the game. Not one of the leagues would support such behavior. Next time pull out the phone a get a small clip for evidence.
        I was an Assistant Referee in a Tourament game in the past year, and actually heard this type of conduct from some Stars parents, specifically mothers. I am not making it up.

Comment

You people making these kinds of accusations need to name the team and the coach. If you are unwilling to do so even in an anonymous forum, my guess is that it is pure carp.

Comment

You people making these kinds of accusations need to name the team and the coach. If you are unwilling to do so even in an anonymous forum, my guess is that it is pure carp.
            Pure carp? I like carp.

Comment

No crap at all. As an Assitant Referee I would be giving up my name, and that is something I will not do. You can be assured that it was in my game report to the Tournament Officials.
              I couldn't believe what I heard from the mouths of those mothers.

Comment

No crap at all. As an Assitant Referee I would be giving up my name, and that is something I will not do. You can be assured that it was in my game report to the Tournament Officials.I couldn't believe what I heard from the mouths of those mothers.
                What happened? Anyone read the report?

Comment

MAPLE is so poorly organized and run, they are one of the few leagues that tolerate this sort of sideline behavior. Town leagues (BAYS, etc.) are much, much better at policing this sort of thing.

Comment

Looks like the only Stars in Springfield last weekend were Stars West?

Comment

What happened? Anyone read the report?
                      I'm sure it was. I specifically mentioned it to the person on site. Maybe they won't be allowed back next year. Then again, being that Tounaments rely on Clubs $$$, probally nothing came of it. As Referees, we get to know who is who out there, and incidents like that put up the guard for the next time you may see the team.

Comment

Watched an unsettling performance of Stars parents/coaches deride an opposing player and call out for her to be attacked. The game was last weekend in Springfield, and I just found out that the player has a broken leg. What I witnessed was so distubing that my daughter and I left the field and drove home.
                        The apparent intent of the parents and verbal instructions from the coach were clearly heard by all with their malicous intent to do harm.
                        This is the worst behavior I have witnessed (although have read of other similar parental/coaching behavior) and would like to see the incident investigated.
                        Can someone inform me of the proper body to report this to, like FIFA or another.
                        Who has the jurisdiction in this case? Who would investigate it? I believe the coach should be censored, and the parents identified publically.
                        Yes there was an inappropriate comment from one mother. She knows she was wrong and has apologized. It was never about attacking or trying to hurt another player. I could quote her but like I said, inappropriate and not worth repeating. There was never anything said or instructions about harming another player. That is completely false. There were comments about the terrible officiating, from some parents, not the coach. Your accusation about the coach is completely false. I question if you were really there with what you offer.

Comment

Looks like the only Stars in Springfield last weekend were Stars West?
                          H was that you???

Comment

Yes there was an inappropriate comment from one mother. She knows she was wrong and has apologized. It was never about attacking or trying to hurt another player. I could quote her but like I said, inappropriate and not worth repeating. There was never anything said or instructions about harming another player. That is completely false. There were comments about the terrible officiating, from some parents, not the coach. Your accusation about the coach is completely false. I question if you were really there with what you offer.
                            Depending on what was said... the mother should possibly be banned from the fields. Terrible.

Comment

I'm sure it was. I specifically mentioned it to the person on site. Maybe they won't be allowed back next year. Then again, being that Tounaments rely on Clubs $$$, probally nothing came of it. As Referees, we get to know who is who out there, and incidents like that put up the guard for the next time you may see the team.
                              As AR of a youth game, you should inform your center if a spectator is making comments that would intimidate or threaten the participants. The center should have them removed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X