Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forfeits in Super Y

I was lurking in the NC Soccer Forum and came across a thread that was talking about Super Y teams not showing up for scheduled games.

http://www.nc-soccer.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16263

I have been contemplating letting my kid do Super Y next summer but after reading this I have my doubts. Is this problem localized or widespread?

This seems to be down South. Just got back from a Super Y game and is always run very professional with good fields and great ref's. Also there is a $ 500.00 fine for a forfeit so teams do what ever they have to do not to forfeit.

Comment

Re: Forfeits in Super Y

Originally posted by Anonymous
      I was lurking in the NC Soccer Forum and came across a thread that was talking about Super Y teams not showing up for scheduled games.

I have been contemplating letting my kid do Super Y next summer but after reading this I have my doubts. Is this problem localized or widespread?

Right.

This is just another phony post designed to trash superY.

If you’re randomly reading a NC forum and happen to see a post about a forfeit, and that becomes the reason you change your mind about playing next summer, I’d say you’re pretty shallow, and the league will be better off without you.

But of course, you are really just trying to be clever.

Why does the superY league frighten some clubs to the point they post this kind of krap?

Comment

Super Y is growing but it is taking awhile in the South. It will get better but there are still many issues and some forfeits. The competition in the South is lacking but more teams come in every year.

Comment

All you guests .. posting anonymously and trash talking now that's really a way to have a constructive discussion. Just for your information a number of my kid's teammates played last summer. The feedback that I got from their parents was not very positive. They said the competition they played against was very spotty and the team they played on was not very well organized. Most did not recommend the experience. When I read this it also raised some very real questions in my mind. Keep your rose colored glasses on.

Comment

Re: Forfeits in Super Y

Have you tried District Select? It's local, it's cheap, the kids have fun and the quality of play gets better every year. It's probably equivilant to Div 2. It could become MA's best kept secret.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat
              All you guests .. posting anonymously and trash talking now that's really a way to have a constructive discussion. Just for your information a number of my kid's teammates played last summer. The feedback that I got from their parents was not very positive. They said the competition they played against was very spotty and the team they played on was not very well organized. Most did not recommend the experience. When I read this it also raised some very real questions in my mind. Keep your rose colored glasses on.
              Funny, you should say that. Just for your information a number of my kid's teammates also played last summer. The feedback that I got from their parents was very positive.

They all recommended the program and a few more of her teammates left to join this year. It isn't an option for us because we do not have the time in the summer, but its a great option for those who can handle the summer schedule.

When I read these posts, I also wonder, why so many spend so much time trying to convince others that MPS is a bad program. If the people in the program like it, why do you care so much?

What gives you the moral authority to judge what others believe is wrong and what drives you to say so much about a club that you are not a part of? Why should anyone listen to your opinion over people who have direct experince with the program?

Comment

How do you play Super Y just for the summer?

Comment

Odd how this latest round of MPS trashing just got started right in the middle of heavy talk about the Stars and the Bolts. Beentheredonethat is with the Bolts :roll: , which explains a lot of his postings. Keeping the MPS bashing going helps the Bolts.

Comment

Because the majority of the Super Y schedule is in the summer.

Comment

When many families are on vacation! And people are surprised that the quality and participation may sometimes be lacking?

Comment

Odd how this latest round of MPS trashing just got started right in the middle of heavy talk about the Stars and the Bolts. Beentheredonethat is with the Bolts , which explains a lot of his postings. Keeping the MPS bashing going helps the Bolts.
                        Explains what? For your information there are other Super Y teams in the area. For the record the ONLY issue I have with MPS is I think making money is their primary emphasis and I find it silly how some of their parents pretend it is not. MPS trains their kids well and seem to do right by them. At the end of the day that is all that really matters. That said I get tired of all the paranoid chest pounding by the parents. The one parent who wanted to frame my post as a bash on MPS was wrong. I was not referring to them.

As far as my association with the Bolts. You are correct. We have been with several other clubs and while they are by no means perfect they have trained my kids extremely well and treated them more than fairly.

Comment

When many families are on vacation! And people are surprised that the quality and participation may sometimes be lacking?
                          Larger rosters address the issue.

One of the advantages of playing Super Y is the schedule doesn't start to late April, so they don't have the issues MAPLE clubs (or MASC) of trying to find playable fields in the early spring or having to cram the season into a few weeks.

Comment

Odd how this latest round of MPS trashing just got started right in the middle of heavy talk about the Stars and the Bolts. Beentheredonethat is with the Bolts , which explains a lot of his postings. Keeping the MPS bashing going helps the Bolts.
                            Explains what? For your information there are other Super Y teams in the area. For the record the ONLY issue I have with MPS is I think making money is their primary emphasis and I find it silly how some of their parents pretend it is not. MPS trains their kids well and seem to do right by them. At the end of the day that is all that really matters. That said I get tired of all the paranoid chest pounding by the parents. The one parent who wanted to frame my post as a bash on MPS was wrong. I was not referring to them.

As far as my association with the Bolts. You are correct. We have been with several other clubs and while they are by no means perfect they have trained my kids extremely well and treated them more than fairly.
                            How do your fees at the Bolts compare to MPS? Can you break in down in terms of actual training time?

Comment

The fee at the Bolts are extremely high and from what I have been told the fees at MPS are even higher. Both clubs train at expensive facilities in the winter. Both teams pay top level coaches. The SOE is a major difference between the two clubs as is the oerall number of teams/players involved in the club. When you combine the Renegades, Crusaders and SOE together I think MPS is probably the largest club in the state at this point.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X