Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nashua World Cup

Anybody know when the Nashua World Cup schedules will be out?

They said a week before. So they should be up by Friday or Saturday. Looks like some good teams going.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They said a week before. So they should be up by Friday or Saturday. Looks like some good teams going.
      Where did you see the list of accepted teams?
      Ridiculous that the schedule has yet to be posted.

Comment

Posted team brackets were up until a day or two ago. But no schedules. The brackets have been pulled down if you go to the site.

Comment

The brackets were up and the fact that they are not now is a good indication they are working on the schedule. I woud check back later today or tomorrow. Hopefully up by then.

Comment

Why is it called "World Cup"?

Comment

World Cup is the club name and they are from Nashua.

Comment

Schedules posted

Comment

Ridiculous 2-4 hours between games.

Comment

The brackets were up and the fact that they are not now is a good indication they are working on the schedule. I woud check back later today or tomorrow. Hopefully up by then.
                    Looks like lots of teams have dropped out last minute. Our team already has a bye not what we where looking for. Too bad looks like a great weekend weather wise.

Comment

Looks like lots of teams have dropped out last minute. Our team already has a bye not what we where looking for. Too bad looks like a great weekend weather wise.

Two issues are the early starts for teams traveling more than 40-50 minutes (i.e. not staying in Nashua overnigt) and the long waits in between game.
                      For this and to play on what are relatively crappy fields....one must ask whether or not it is worth it.

Comment

Two issues are the early starts for teams traveling more than 40-50 minutes (i.e. not staying in Nashua overnigt) and the long waits in between game.
                        For this and to play on what are relatively crappy fields....one must ask whether or not it is worth it.
                        its not

Comment

Not when you add in the quality of the NH officiating into the mix. Absolutely horrendous.

Comment

Anyone else having trouble getting to the NWC website? Looking to see if we have a cancellation.

Comment

For teams that are close enough, it certainly IS worth it. Most tournaments in the general 128/93/495 area north of the mass pike are town-oriented, so for club teams that are able to field a team this weekend, it presents a very good option for a reasonable price.

That said, I was very surprised to get the email saying that payment can be made as late as at the mandatory registration Friday night. To me that means that teams will have the consequence-free option to bail out and leave teams they are scehduled to face high and dry. While that can always happen (i.e., as long as teams are willing to lose their reg fee), as far as I'm concerned, such a policy is irresponsible since it, again, makes it way, way too easy to pull out. Mr. DW had better hope that teams have the moral compass that he is counting upon...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X