Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP field conditions

Have all the games been played on decent fields?

I know that was a selling point.

The kids have only played in two locations, Lancaster and NHMPS. The NH field was a cowpasture....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The kids have only played in two locations, Lancaster and NHMPS. The NH field was a cowpasture....
      If by "NH field", are you referring to Joppa Hill ? We played there on Sunday and it was ok. Grass was an inch too high but not bad.

Comment

Played at UMASS last spring, worst fields played on all year. NEP should be sued for false advertising

Comment

We will play at Lancaster once, and then a variety of places. Mostly grass fields if not all. The Gordon School and Lancaster were the same.....decent to good grass conditions.

On the whole, this is an interesting point. What is the best field to practice on and play on? Although the turf fields are nice, consistent, level etc etc etc my feeling about always playing on turf is that your abilities will be compromised when you get on a grass field that isn't absolutely perfect. In fact, I see the benefit of practicing on grass fields (cut well) that are not perfect. I think it helps develop the skills and concentration better. I have seen players who are phenomenal on turf but significantly less so on grass.......

Comment

With a quick glance at the fields for upcoming games, across both boys and girls, I can tell you there are some terrible, pock marked, slanted and poorly maintained fields on the docket.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X