Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Touchline is officially down

Just went to Maple Soccer website and clicked on touchline and it is officially down and there is no link to this site. Might be a good and bad thing, especially with the likes of "guests" posting. I liked the conversations of the old rather than the new. The new postings make the likes of me, nuts, and mr stats very tamed. Even Cujo is a saint on this board :-)

I'm not sure if Kathy would even go for linking this site to Maple.

I'm with you Sir Alex. The GUEST postings have become tiresome. Most of them are just cowardly adults who let their immaturity show its finest. Reminds me of the high school kids on MASSLIVE forums. Lot of hit and run bashing with no legitimate discussion. I have een shaking my head when I keep getting guest responses to my posts. Not always sure if it's the same person or many different ones. Becomes very difficult to debate a point when you have no idea who the debater is.

Comment

happy to be a guest

Sorry folks, but I'll put up with an occasional out of line poster in order to keep the board lively.

I hope in the future the board will have posters with a wider scope than MAPLE and MPS.

There were some once upon a time hot topics on the old Touchline that seemed to have gone away.

The primary one I remember was the dual rostering conflict, which would become especially hot around Columbus Day and in the spring with the U-11 and U-12 MAPLE tournaments. Anyone know how many players are dual rostered these days?

Comment

Start a new thread on dual rostering.

Comment

Re: Old Touchline is officially down

Originally posted by sir alex
          Just went to Maple Soccer website and clicked on touchline and it is officially down and there is no link to this site. Might be a good and bad thing, especially with the likes of "guests" posting. I liked the conversations of the old rather than the new. The new postings make the likes of me, nuts, and mr stats very tamed. Even Cujo is a saint on this board :-)

it is still early.... :twisted:

Comment

Thank god. I think Frank Valentino was running it. By the end it was just FSM and the Forum Moderator-Deity

Comment

I think these guys were running it:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statler_&_Waldorf

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                I think these guys were running it:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statler_&_Waldorf
                Could be - all I know is every time I challenged Mr. Stats view of reality I got relegated faster than a U11 D squad.

Comment

Hey SA I sent a PM to you with a video of T and my new email.

Comment

Links are a funny thing. The old Touchline forum is still available if you go directly to the site.

http://board2.maplesoccer.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X