X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls soccer rating website is up

Hi,

The Mathman soccer rating website is operational, for the most part. There are still some bugs to work out. PM me if you experience any problems.

http://www.girlssoccerrate.com/

For those of you who were following this system, note that a constant has been added to all ratings. This is of no consequence, since only differences in rating are important.

Awesome MM......thanks

Comment

What do the asterisks mean?

Well done!

http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1992.gif

Comment

Great start Mathman!

Comment

Great job.

Any way to set it up so that you can drill down and see the games (with scores, type of game, dates, etc) that make up the rating?

Might be a little controversial but have you considered rating coaches by consolidating the rating of the teams they coach?

Comment

Very nice, Mathman! :smt023 Do you think you'll expand beyond the 2 age groups?
            Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Thanks, Mathman. A note to fellow posters: Some of your questions have already been answered under the FAQs tab where you'll find a fun conversational tone of voice in addition to helpful info.
              A. Carrillo

Comment

Originally posted by skinny maradona

Any way to set it up so that you can drill down and see the games (with scores, type of game, dates, etc) that make up the rating?
                No. It would be *way* too much work for me to do that.

Might be a little controversial but have you considered rating coaches by consolidating the rating of the teams they coach?
                Umm....you think that would be a "little" controversial?

I would also take the liberty of responding to a couple of other questions that you didn't ask, but others did. Hope you don't mind.

The asterisks mean that the rating is "provisional." See the homepage for what that means. Also, I will be doing 11s and 12s, then following these age groups up until U18, adding the 11s each year.

Comment

I think you should add in the following factors:

Home vs Away wins

Drive time to away fields

Republican or Democrat in office

How many times Paris Hilton is in the news

All these can affect the outcome of a game and am sure there are others.

Seriously though, well done!!!!
                  Light travels faster than sound; this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

Terrific site, and well done. But I believe that ratings for the GU13 group should be regarded as lagging indicators. In my opinion, the standings for the Maple spring season are far more accurate (coincident) indicators. I say this having seen almost all the Div. 1 and Div. 2 teams play last year.

Actually, a cursory examination of the GU14 Maple standings makes me wonder about those ratings, too. But I congratulate Mathman nonetheless for his accomplishment.

Comment

Scorpions Select? Never heard of that team. Was that the club team?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                        Sorry for girls U13

Comment

predictions for U14 regionals

So based on the ratings and just for fun.

Girls U14 Regionals this weekend should see the following progress out of their group

Braddock Road Azul
                          Stars of Mass
                          PDA Tsunami
                          FC Delco

With

Stars over PDA
                          Braddock over Delco

in the semi's and

Stars over Braddock in the final.

Guess we will see in a couple of days.

Comment

Sorry for girls U13
                            No. It should have been South Shore Select. That mistake happened in the last 48 hours, and for a boring reason . Thanks.

Comment

Re: predictions for U14 regionals

So based on the ratings and just for fun.

Girls U14 Regionals this weekend should see the following progress out of their group

Braddock Road Azul
                              Stars of Mass
                              PDA Tsunami
                              FC Delco

With

Stars over PDA
                              Braddock over Delco

in the semi's and

Stars over Braddock in the final.Guess we will see in a couple of days.
                              Would it be correct to call this list the Mathman prophecies?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X