Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously want to cry...

So it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to go to camp. My parents think it's too expensive.

This really upsets me because I feel like going to the sga camp and sharpening my skills would help me get into good shape to try out for a league in the fall.

Does anyone have any advice on what else I could do? I know I could always go to a field with a friend and practice saving their shots, but to be honest, none of my friends are into soccer.

I just really need some help on deciding how I'm going to get back into this sport. Please do help :(

-goaliex3

p.s.- if you know of any good camps that are on the cheaper end, please do let me know.

Originally posted by goaliex3 View Post
    So it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to go to camp. My parents think it's too expensive.

This really upsets me because I feel like going to the sga camp and sharpening my skills would help me get into good shape to try out for a league in the fall.

Does anyone have any advice on what else I could do? I know I could always go to a field with a friend and practice saving their shots, but to be honest, none of my friends are into soccer.

I just really need some help on deciding how I'm going to get back into this sport. Please do help :(

-goaliex3

p.s.- if you know of any good camps that are on the cheaper end, please do let me know.
    My daughter who is a keeper would practice kicking a ball hard against her school's brick wall, then catching it. Look into soccer day camps in your area....they are definitely cheaper than residential GK camps. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My daughter who is a keeper would practice kicking a ball hard against her school's brick wall, then catching it. Look into soccer day camps in your area....they are definitely cheaper than residential GK camps. Good luck!
      The clubs have goalie training. Look for club rosters with less than 17 players and give the coach a call.

Comment

These folks at keeperstop bring in good trainers and charge $180 - $200. That's about as low as you'll find.

https://www.keeperstop.com/training.php

2 more sessions starting 7/25 and 8/1. Get going on it and make some calls!

You need to find a summer team. Call some of those leagues listed in your last thread.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;585739]The clubs have goalie training. Look for club rosters with less than 17 players and give the coach a call.[/QUOTE

Do you think the parents will pay for a premier club if the camp was to much. Does anyone know how old this kid is? Maybe travel is an option? It sounds like this kid hasn't played for a few years.....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Do you think the parents will pay for a premier club if the camp was to much. Does anyone know how old this kid is? Maybe travel is an option? It sounds like this kid hasn't played for a few years.....
            I think she's a junior in HS from the previous thread. It's a lot to pay $6-700 for goalkeeper camp. $200 isn't so bad. And yes, she needs to get playing on a team somewhere. Rec, adult, travel, guest at tournament. Just get playing

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X