Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of clubs....who's got the best deal

What club offers the most for your money?

Southeast Premier is a pretty good value.

Comment

What is the cost of SE and what do you get. Let's look at Full Year player only U12-14

Comment

Probably the club the clearly spells out in writing what you actually get for what you pay not the ones where you find out later that the uniform is extra, ect.

Comment

My kids play for FSA and everything is spelled out on their website....why would you have to pay for your own uniforms? Shouldnt that be included in the fees?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            My kids play for FSA and everything is spelled out on their website....why would you have to pay for your own uniforms? Shouldnt that be included in the fees?
            Why? Because it looks better to say your fee is $1500 vs $2000 but lots of clubs do it.

Comment

What club offers the most for your money?
              In terms of total value, Guilford Premier is a pretty good deal I believe. It's more of a glorified - upper level travel team but they play in the lower level premier divisions. The cost-benefit analysis is very positive unless your dreaming of D1 showcase tournaments.

Comment

In terms of total value, Guilford Premier is a pretty good deal I believe. It's more of a glorified - upper level travel team but they play in the lower level premier divisions. The cost-benefit analysis is very positive unless your dreaming of D1 showcase tournaments.
                What is the fee? What do you get for that fee?

Comment

What is the fee? What do you get for that fee?
                  I really don't know. We've never been a part of their program. I just know some people who went through it, and I've seen them on the field a few times over the years.

I'd hate to speak about details - but my general impression is that you'd probably be looking at a cost of about half or less than half of what the non-town associated premier clubs charge. The team would play in the CJSA. I think they go to a couple of tournaments nearby, like Needham, MA and Wallingford and their own Guilford tournament.

I don't believe they offer a "premier" type team at all the youth ages though. It might be limited to the age range when many kids start departing town travel soccer for premier (like ages 12, 13, 14).

Check out their website.

This is the link specifically to the Premier team page not the home page:

http://www.guilfordsoccer.org/Page.a...fordsoccer.org

Cost says $975 not including uniforms and tournament fees.

One other thing I forgot to mention - The three times I've seen them play in the last 2 years I did notice that they have a boisterous sideline goup of parents. Not everyone's cup of tea.

Comment

I really don't know. We've never been a part of their program. I just know some people who went through it, and I've seen them on the field a few times over the years.

I'd hate to speak about details - but my general impression is that you'd probably be looking at a cost of about half or less than half of what the non-town associated premier clubs charge. The team would play in the CJSA. I think they go to a couple of tournaments nearby, like Needham, MA and Wallingford and their own Guilford tournament.

I don't believe they offer a "premier" type team at all the youth ages though. It might be limited to the age range when many kids start departing town travel soccer for premier (like ages 12, 13, 14).

Check out their website.

This is the link specifically to the Premier team page not the home page:

http://www.guilfordsoccer.org/Page.a...fordsoccer.org

Cost says $975 not including uniforms and tournament fees.

One other thing I forgot to mention - The three times I've seen them play in the last 2 years I did notice that they have a boisterous sideline goup of parents. Not everyone's cup of tea.
                    So really, the fee is probably closer to $1400 then. tourneys and uniforms add up quick

Comment

Doesn't sound like a great deal when you figure Guilford will be playing in all the Qualifying Groups. Sounds like real expensive travel not affordable premier.

Comment

Published costs for a U12 boys player:

Beachside $2,400
                        FSA $2,150
                        Oakwood $1,995 + $100 raffle booklet
                        SoccerPlus $1,950
                        Ajax $1,890
                        Sportsworld $1,375
                        Northeast $1,275

CFC, Southeast, Academica, Samba, South Central fees not found on website

Comment

Beachside $2,400
                          FSA $2,150
                          SoccerPlus $1,950
                          Ajax $1,890
                          Sportsworld $1,375
                          Northeast $1,275

FSA includes two tournaments, 3 sessions of indoor games Nov-April, 2 practices indoors a week Nov-April, 2 indoor tournaments, 2 game shirts, 2 shorts, 2 pairs of socks, 2 training t-shirts, back pack, full warmups, CJSA fees including fall and spring leagues plus State Cup entry. All uniforms are Adidas.

I cannot find any detailed breakdown on the other clubs listed.

Comment

FSA includes two tournaments, 3 sessions of indoor games Nov-April, 2 practices indoors a week Nov-April, 2 indoor tournaments, 2 game shirts, 2 shorts, 2 pairs of socks, 2 training t-shirts, back pack, full warmups, CJSA fees including fall and spring leagues plus State Cup entry. All uniforms are Adidas.

I cannot find any detailed breakdown on the other clubs listed.
                            I'm sure you've done a lot of research in the 7 minutes since the previous post.

Comment

Beachside $2,400
                              FSA $2,150
                              SoccerPlus $1,950
                              Ajax $1,890
                              Sportsworld $1,375
                              Northeast $1,275

Sportsworld looks like the best bargain. It offers the indoor training that FSA and Oakwood offer for 2/3 the cost.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X