Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Needed!

Hey Guys! I'm new to this forum, so if my questions are better suited somewhere else, please let me know.

Ok, so here is the deal. I LOVE soccer with a PASSION. It is my FAVORITE sport, and just such a huge part of my life. I played soccer in middle school, and played all the positions, but I was best as the goal keeper. Unfortunately, I didn't believe in myself enough to try out for the high school team, and instead decided to play volleyball. I'm about to be a senior in high school, and I regret my decision of not trying out for my high school team. Watching the women's world cup and Hope Solo's amazing saves has just brought back my thirst to play again!

I know it's too late to try out of for the high school team, they already have two amazing goal keepers. BUT I don't quite think it's too late to get back into the game.

I guess I would just like advice on what I should do to get back into the sport. I haven't played in years, but I know that with some practice, I could do well. So please, if you have any suggestions on what path I should take, whether I should go to a summer camp, or try out for a league, please do let me know.

Also, I live in CT, so if you have any suggestions on a camp or league that would suit someone who hasn't played in a while, PLEASE do let me know.

I don't care about getting scouted or anything like that, I just want to play again so badly!

-goaliex3

Originally posted by goaliex3 View Post
    Hey Guys! I'm new to this forum, so if my questions are better suited somewhere else, please let me know.

Ok, so here is the deal. I LOVE soccer with a PASSION. It is my FAVORITE sport, and just such a huge part of my life. I played soccer in middle school, and played all the positions, but I was best as the goal keeper. Unfortunately, I didn't believe in myself enough to try out for the high school team, and instead decided to play volleyball. I'm about to be a senior in high school, and I regret my decision of not trying out for my high school team. Watching the women's world cup and Hope Solo's amazing saves has just brought back my thirst to play again!

I know it's too late to try out of for the high school team, they already have two amazing goal keepers. BUT I don't quite think it's too late to get back into the game.

I guess I would just like advice on what I should do to get back into the sport. I haven't played in years, but I know that with some practice, I could do well. So please, if you have any suggestions on what path I should take, whether I should go to a summer camp, or try out for a league, please do let me know.

Also, I live in CT, so if you have any suggestions on a camp or league that would suit someone who hasn't played in a while, PLEASE do let me know.

I don't care about getting scouted or anything like that, I just want to play again so badly!

-goaliex3
    Tryouts are over but some B division teams might still need a goalie. Where do you live?

Comment

There are many camps available right now. Find the ones with keeper training or even if just field player training. Wear a long sleeve keeper shirt and have gloves ready. You'll end up in goal. Then contact the clubs in your area and tell them you are a keeper who wants to play. Never second guess yourself...if they play you, youre the best the could get win lose or draw... Youre part of the team. Have fun

Comment

I would find a goalie trainer. Start training withn him and he might be able to find a team for you as well.

Look for adult soccer leagues during the summer. There are some women's leagues too.

Comment

The volley ball experience won't hurt. Good for hand/eye coordination and being able to judge the flight of balls (and where it's coming down) better than most.

look for a camp if you like. Also check for a woman's league in your area. Also don't rule out HS, one of those keepers might not be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Look for adult soccer leagues during the summer. There are some women's leagues too.
            LINKS

http://www.scwsl.com/

http://www.gmoeser.net/cwssl/

http://www.carsl.org/Links.html

Comment

First, I would like to say thank you so much for all the feedback!

To answer the question of the first poster, I live in the Hartford County area.

Also, I was wondering if any of you have heard of the goalie school run by Tony Dicicco? If you have, do you think it's something I should invest in? It costs around 600 bucks.

Another thing, the links are super helpful! but I'm a bit confused about the adult league ones, because it seems you need to be over the age of 18 to play?

Again, thanks again everyone! I really do appreciate all of your responses!

-goaliex3

Comment

Soccerplus Camps are Tony DiCiccio's camps. They are good but i think the closet one is in MA. Stargoalkeeper Academy is a really good one out of Simsbury CT and the high school week camps ran by Soccer Extreme might be a good one to get back into the swing of things, they are in Litchfield CT. Good Luck..........

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  Soccerplus Camps are Tony DiCiccio's camps. They are good but i think the closet one is in MA. Stargoalkeeper Academy is a really good one out of Simsbury CT and the high school week camps ran by Soccer Extreme might be a good one to get back into the swing of things, they are in Litchfield CT. Good Luck..........
                  thank you so much! i checked out the sga website, and it looks really good! is there really any difference between the female only group and the coed group?
                  again, thank you so much for the response!

-goaliex3

Comment

Your best bet is to call and ask for Lisa Spelas, she would be able to help you out. Best of Luck...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X