Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecticut teams not prepared for Regionals

Most premier clubs in Connecticut have a budget of just two tournaments per season. Half the time they go to tournaments where the competition is weak or they attend their own tournaments that attract mediocre teams. Usually they play the same teams that they play during the season.

The best teams in the Region, most of which are the Regional Finals, go to the top tournaments in the region and enter a tournament every 3-4 weeks. These teams are battle tested and have the experience to play 3 days in a row.

I hear you. I feel we need at least one Connecticut club to offer a program comparable to the regional powers. One more thing to touch on are the coaches that coach muliple teams. FSA WHP is ridiculous. Most of the coaches are coaching three teams.

The commitment is not there when the coach has obilgations to other teams. I would be shocked if the PDA's coaches had multple teams to coach

In my opinion, it was a big factor in the U13 and u14 CFC wolves not performing well in state cup

Comment

with approx 2 million premier teams in the state of ct and only approx 25 quality coaches, i think clubs have no choice but to have each coach handle multiple teams, otherwise they will end up coaches that are not very good

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        with approx 2 million premier teams in the state of ct and only approx 25 quality coaches, i think clubs have no choice but to have each coach handle multiple teams, otherwise they will end up coaches that are not very good
        Not looking for all the CT premier clubs to provide what is being asked for in this post. But one top club, to run their operations like a PDA. A club that the best players all want to play on.

Comment

For some of these clubs the margin of error was one goal and you find yourself going home. In some cases injuries and players leaving for other programs didnt help matters, but there was no lack of effort. In a perfect world it would be great to have one coach exclusively per team but at what cost financially. Until CT clubs have additional revenue sources it will be hard to compete. PDA scholarships alot of players.

Comment

Check the PDA website. Must coaches are coaching two teams on the boys side.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              For some of these clubs the margin of error was one goal and you find yourself going home. In some cases injuries and players leaving for other programs didnt help matters, but there was no lack of effort. In a perfect world it would be great to have one coach exclusively per team but at what cost financially. Until CT clubs have additional revenue sources it will be hard to compete. PDA scholarships alot of players.
              I wonder what their annual cost per player is

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X