X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G u-15 2011-12

Only two rosters posted thus far

Oakwood has 15 returning players with two new players coming from FSA Soccerplus

CFC United ECNL 22 players with 8 from CFC Wolves and 6 from CFC Arsenal. The remaining girls coming from CFC Wildcats, CFC Gunners, CFC Impact, Everton and Yankee United

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Oakwood has 15 returning players with two new players coming from FSA Soccerplus

CFC United ECNL 22 players with 8 from CFC Wolves and 6 from CFC Arsenal. The remaining girls coming from CFC Wildcats, CFC Gunners, CFC Impact, Everton and Yankee United
    Great to see a Wildcat make the ECNL team. The Wildcats are CFC Wolves' B team. Hard work pays off

Comment

Great to see a Wildcat make the ECNL team. The Wildcats are CFC Wolves' B team. Hard work pays off
      CFC ECNL 18 player going to D-1 next fall, originally from Wildcats so ditto "hard work pays off".

Comment

ywEwEc

I love hearing these stories about the "B" team player making to ECNL. It's so easy to get pidgeon-holed over the years as a player who has a limited "ceiling"......Its great to see the occasional player just grind it out and have those "ah ha" moments where they figure things out. Good for her (whoever it was).

Comment

CFC ECNL 18 player going to D-1 next fall, originally from Wildcats so ditto "hard work pays off".
          The hard work is just starting.

Comment

FSA FC United 15 returning players with one new player from Southeast and one from team unknown

Comment

FSA FC United 15 returning players with one new player from Southeast and one from team unknown
              FSA FC United 15 returning players with one new player from Southeast and one from Oakwood 15s 2010-11

Comment

So CFC is doing what say said they would, which is promoting girls from within their club to their ECNL team. Oakwood is attracting girls from an ECNL club which is a real compliment to them and FSA Utd is moving forward, not only not losing players to ECNL but adding a few new ones.

Comment

So CFC is doing what say said they would, which is promoting girls from within their club to their ECNL team. Oakwood is attracting girls from an ECNL club which is a real compliment to them and FSA Utd is moving forward, not only not losing players to ECNL but adding a few new ones.
                  I would say that these three teams will be far above the rest of the pack next year. I'm surprised that kids are still getting cut at this age group. It seems to me that in years past, teams have struggled to fill the roster at U-15

CFC United has 24 kids rostered. I thought 18 were too many but at this age group you tend to lose a few to injuries. That's a lot of kids to provide minutes for. Most of these kids were the stars on their past teams. Playing half a game is going to suck for them.

Comment

I would say that these three teams will be far above the rest of the pack next year. I'm surprised that kids are still getting cut at this age group. It seems to me that in years past, teams have struggled to fill the roster at U-15

CFC United has 24 kids rostered. I thought 18 were too many but at this age group you tend to lose a few to injuries. That's a lot of kids to provide minutes for. Most of these kids were the stars on their past teams. Playing half a game is going to suck for them.

The entire engine of Club, or premier Youth soccer is fueled by the ever increasing perception by parents of an increasingingly competetitve environment for their children.

Comment

Does the CFC United teams have assistant coaches? One coach cannot develop 24 kids on his own.

Comment

Does the CFC United teams have assistant coaches? One coach cannot develop 24 kids on his own.
                        Yes they have assistants for all their United teams. According to their website, they will also offer additional specialized training sessions to their CFC United teams.

Comment

I don't think Oakwood or FSA lost too many kids to ecnl clubs across the board (13-18) so I don't think this statement has any merit. CFC has so many branches that they will always be able to pick up kids within the club and develop over the years so there is no real need for them to go out and look for kids. Without 1 kid coming from outside the club they can still have 80+ kids at tryouts made up from kids from wolves, arsenal, impact etc...no other program can come close to this on the girls side.

Comment

The entire engine of Club, or premier Youth soccer is fueled by the ever increasing perception by parents of an increasingingly competetitve environment for their children.
                            OK...I'll bite. In my situation, a few of the better players on my daughters travel team went Premier and left travel last year. My daughter stayed in travel.....and played up one age group.....and was challenged, but wasn't overmatched. The travel team (one age group up) is folding this year....so my daughter decided she wanted to try out for Premier this year. She made the team......but based on my observations, she will be one of the weaker players on the team.

What's better for her? To stay on her age appropriate travel team which will be in B or C division?....or to go with the Premier team where she risks being overmatched? She could be a star if she stays at travel.....and it probably would have been better for her confidence. By going with Premier she will have more opportunities throughout the year to play against more challenging competition.

I agree with you that most parents tilt toward going to the more competitive option, however sometimes the alternate option is not very good either.

Comment

Go premiere so that she will be forced to practice and compete with better players. Hopefully the club she made has good coaches because she would benefit more than playing travel with a coach that is doing their best but might not be an excellent trainer. If you just want her to be a star than stay in travel, but that will catch up to her eventually.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X