Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolts Tryouts

Went to Bolts U13 Boys tryouts last night. Surprised to find out that FC United U12 Coach and 6 players (Irwin Cup Champs) have "merged" with Bolts U12 team (runners up in cup) and their coach. Bolts players wore their "Bolts" jerseys during tryouts. It was a FARCE. Too bad that info was not on their web page, for I would not have wasted our time! Go Bolts!

typical.........

Comment

Re: Bolts Tryouts

Originally posted by Anonymous
      Went to Bolts U13 Boys tryouts last night. Surprised to find out that FC United U12 Coach and 6 players (Irwin Cup Champs) have "merged" with Bolts U12 team (runners up in cup) and their coach. Bolts players wore their "Bolts" jerseys during tryouts. It was a FARCE. Too bad that info was not on their web page, for I would not have wasted our time! Go Bolts!
      What, exactly, is the complaint?

Comment

Does anyone have any info on the U-17 girl tryouts? What coach is replacing Paul Kerridge? I'd like to know if its worth attending those tryouts since it seems like tryouts are often a waste of effort in club soccer with decisions actually having been made well beforehand.

Comment

What, exactly, is the complaint?
          I think the point is that here is yet another opportunity to bash a club, in particular the Bolts.

Comment

What was the issue? How many U13 teams are there going to be? Sounds like the Bolts might be putting together a powerhouse team.

Comment

Sometimes monopolizing all the talent and putting them on one team doesn't work well!

Comment

OH MY GOSH! Bolts players wore their Bolts jerseys? What a travesty!
                Sheesh. Give us a break, will ya......
                This is all you have to complain about?

I've seen tryouts where kids wore the uniforms from the teams they were looking to leave!

Comment

Are the Bolts coaching assignments for next year posted somewhere?

There are tryouts tonight and I can't find them on the website. Trying to decide whether to make the trek to the Bolts tryouts or to another club tryouts.

Comment

OH MY GOSH! Bolts players wore their Bolts jerseys? What a travesty!
                    Sheesh. Give us a break, will ya......
                    This is all you have to complain about?

I've seen tryouts where kids wore the uniforms from the teams they were looking to leave!
                    Just because you've seen something doesn't make it right...it would be nice to at least pretend it's an even playing ground for a bunch of 12 year olds

Comment

Agree. Even though the coaches obviously know the kids who are on the current team, it's been my experience that most players wear club neutral clothing as a courtesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Torre
                        Sometimes monopolizing all the talent and putting them on one team doesn't work well!
                        It beats having almost no talent

Comment

Agree. Even though the coaches obviously know the kids who are on the current team, it's been my experience that most players wear club neutral clothing as a courtesy.
                          It would certainly make the tryout process more than just a exercise in futility if all the clubs required their returning players to wear completely neutral clothing out of courtesy to the players coming to actually try out. Years ago my daughter attended a tryout at the U12 level where all the players (top club) had on their practice unis and she was so distracted by this and the implications that she refused to go back for day two and swears to this day she would never go back to that club for any reason! Might seem silly to us adults but to her it was a meaningful example of what a sham the tryout process was.

Comment

Whoa people.

Even playing field? I thought we didn't want clubs cutting players? I thought we wanted clubs bringing existing players back at these agwes to continue working with them, especially at these ages.

Oh, I see what's different. Your kid wants to go to a winning team, and you're upset because there maight not be a roster spot and your kid was distratcted by a bunch of shirts. Tryouts for teams that have just won a state cup or end of season tournament are always heavily attended.

The shirt excuse is lame. Everyone knows the players in an age group.

Comment

Kudos to the Scorpions. I do not have a child trying out for the Scorpions but note from their website that the coaching assignments and tryout registration info is readily provided. They have also already posted the kids who have made the team. In contrast, some clubs have not posted coaching assignments, etc. and I've heard complaints from parents that they have not yet heard about tryout results from tryouts that occurred last week,

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X