Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Londonderry United/FC Greater Boston Bolts Partners

FC Greater Boston is delighted to announce its new partnership with Londonderry Utd. Coaching Director Brian Ainscough is very excited for the opportunity for he and his staff to work with*Londonderry Utd*coaches and players next season.

Tryouts for this fall's travel teams will be held the week of June 13 at Continental Park Fields 4,5,6 and 7. Schedule is as follows:

Monday 6-13 & Wednesday 6-15: U10, U12, U14 (boys and girls)
    Tuesday 6-14 & Thursday 6-16: U11, U13 (boys and girls)

For all groups:

Tryouts: 5:30-7:00 pm
    Players should bring their own ball, plenty of water, and wear shinguards

Please visit the LUSC Web site for more details
    http://www.londonderrysoccer.com/

Does anybody care?????

Comment

Joel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tryouts

46 boys at U14 age group tryout so I guess some do care

Comment

Finally someone responding to this tread, do you think the relationship with the BOLTS will improve Londonderry? Is there plans for further develpment programs, i.e. Super Y, DAP?
          46 players are a lot, but they had to U13 teams to begin with, how many are new players and did you get qualilty?

Comment

Sorry bad english, they had two (2) U13 teams to begin with....

Comment

I am curious what this arrangement means for Londonderry as well. Who cares how many kids show up for a tryout and how good they are? If the Bolts can establish a good player development environment in Londonderry without charging premiere level prices it'll be a win in my book and I am sure folks in surrounding towns will begin to take notice for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Time will tell on this. Personally, I hope it works out well... Londonderry has the best fields in the state and a decent talent pool to begin with as a starting point. As for the pricing, certainly if it does turn into a decent program with decent talent and creates premier teams (as is expected... time frame tbd), then the pricing structure will have to change. You can't get something for nothing these days. You are naive if you are a Londonderry United player who thinks that you will be getting involvement from the Bolts without paying more. Short term (in the Fall) things may not change much but going forward if things progress, then obviously the pricing will reflect that change. As a Londonderry parent, that's not a bad thing if my child has a shot at competing at a higher level without having to travel 45 minutes each way to practices...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X