Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester United

Hey I heard that both the goalies from the FC Portland Marine team are leaving the club this year, is that true? Anyone know?

Anyone really going to watch the Manchester United Tournament this weekend? I am looking forward to going and seeing everyone play. I am curious to see how well the Marine goalie can hold up against some of the bigger stronger teams from California and other places. I think she is pretty tough and can hold her own against most teams, but I think this will be a lot tougher than the teams they've been going up against in the past. Now Now don't anyone get their panties in a bunch.. I am not DISSING the Oregon Competition, just saying other states do play different styles and different soccer. And you have to admit, they grow some of those kids pretty big outside of Oregon!! :D

FC Portland Goalie

This is the goalie's (Emily) mom (From FC Portland) Sorry, I have a name on here but I can't recall the password (Em's A Soccer Brat) ... so.. I'm unregistered right just cause I wanted to say something really quick.

Unless Emily is leading a secret life (which could be possible with all the time she spends away from home) she is with FC Portland and has no plans to leave at this time. Truth be told, she did get offered a position on another team / another club (u15Gs) but opted to stay with FC at that time. So maybe that is where the information you heard stemmed from.

As for the other goalie, she is injured right now and I guess having surgery in June, as for leaving FC, I haven't heard that. She is still attending practices, so maybe that rumor is just that, a rumor. But not really my place to say one way or another.

Anyhow, we too are looking forward to ManU tournament. And I think Emily is pretty big (maybe cause she wasn't grown in Oregon).. I mean, she has a big foot anyhow!!! Ha!

Comment

I heard FC Portland was at less 3 guess players this weekend.

Comment

Three guest players from FC Crush and four players from the older FC team, Yellow.

Comment

min mobility

So much for FC Portland Marine rewarding their "Team" for the second place finish.

Comment

I'm pretty sure everyone brings guest players.

Did anyone go watch? FC Portland Marine certainly held their own against two of the top teams in the nation. Way to go girls! I have say they probably wouldn't have held them both to 0-0 ties without Marine's Starting Keeper. Wow she was pretty amazing today! Not to say that she usually isn't, haha.

Good luck with your games tomorrow! :)

Comment

What were the scores?

Comment

Marine vs. So Cal Blues: 0-0
                Marine vs. Dallas Texans: 0-0
                Marine vs. Ohio Premier: 0-1
                Marine vs. Vardar: 2-1

Comment

I heard Marine placed third in their bracket, with only the top 2 advancing. However, it sounds like they did pretty well overall. Way to represent girls!!!

Comment

They still get to play 1 or 2 more games today, if they win they play another one.

Comment

scalawag fraser

The Marine girls got to chose whether or not to play at the most, two friendlies.

Friendly #1- Marine vs. Birmingham United: 0-0

Comment

Any details?

Comment

FC Portland (Wins/Losses/Ties)

FC Portland
                          Game 1 = 0-0 (Tie)
                          Game 2 = 0-0 (Tie)
                          Game 3 = 1-0 (Loss)
                          Game 4 = 2-1 (Win)

Friendly 1 = 0-0 (Tie)
                          Friendly 2 = 1-1 (Tie)

Comment

Real Accomplishment?....

I heard from people who saw most of the FC Portland games and they honestly could not remember a time when more than 5 or 6 Marine players were on the field at the same time. The guest players from Crush and FC Yellow (seven total) played the majority of the minutes... especially when the games counted for something. In six games, they managed four goals. How many were actually scored by Marine players?... Any? Although there were some good plays, the ties against SoCal and Texas had more to do with the 20 minute halves, then dominant defense or keeper play. Not to diminish Marine's ManU performance, but isn't the coaches dependance on guest players kind of weird given this team was supposed to be runners-up in State Cup?...

Comment

As I recall, Marine was down to 12 players for the State Cup Finals. I dunno if they've had anymore injuries since then (I know 1 gal was a little banged up) so perhaps they had no subjs for this tourney and borrowed some guest players. Who cares? I suppose they could have changed their team name for that tourney, then there wouldn't be any bickering about the lack of Marine players. It would have been nice if they would have borrowed some players a little closer to home, but whatever. They didn't win many games this past weekend, but they also didn't lose many either. I say good job to the FC Portland Yellow Marine Timbers!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X