Please post scores and provide game comments

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please post scores and provide game comments
    12 Boys
    Beachside 3 FSA 1
    The score reflected the game

13 Boys
    FSA 1 Beachside 0
    FSA came out flying and could have had 2 or 3 early on. once the game settled down and Beachside got their feet it was a pretty entertaining 1st half. 2nd half was a little more direct and messy towards the end as Beachside tried to equalize.

14 Boys
    FSA 4 Beachside 0
    In what has to be one of the top 2 upsets of the day. FSA got a fluke goal early and made it 2-0 before the half to further stun everyone in attendence. Instead of sitting back, FSA got 2 more to make it 4-0 and Beachside seemed stunned.

15 Boys
    Beachside 7 CFC Wolves 1
    Worst game of the day. CFC was down early and often. Not much else to say. CFC was overmatched.

16 Boys
    Beachside 1 FSA 1 - Beachside advances 5-4 on pk's
    Great game. Lots of action and just one of those games where you hate to see a team lose.

17 Boys
    Beachside 3 FSA 3 Beachside advances 5-4 on pk's
    Maybe the game of the day. FSA in control most of the game up 3-1 and probably should have been up 4-1 but a golden opportunity was squandered. Beachside got the 2 goals they needed to push it to OT and eventually won it in pk's.

18 Boys
    FSA 2 Soccerplus 0
    FSA went up early and never really had to worry in this one. Soccerplus may have seen their last boys team make a run to a cup final for quite some time. This is the 2nd year in a row FSA has taken down Soccerplus 2-0 in the final.

Comment

12 Boys
      Beachside 3 FSA 1
      The score reflected the game

13 Boys
      FSA 1 Beachside 0
      FSA came out flying and could have had 2 or 3 early on. once the game settled down and Beachside got their feet it was a pretty entertaining 1st half. 2nd half was a little more direct and messy towards the end as Beachside tried to equalize.

14 Boys
      FSA 4 Beachside 0
      In what has to be one of the top 2 upsets of the day. FSA got a fluke goal early and made it 2-0 before the half to further stun everyone in attendence. Instead of sitting back, FSA got 2 more to make it 4-0 and Beachside seemed stunned.

15 Boys
      Beachside 7 CFC Wolves 1
      Worst game of the day. CFC was down early and often. Not much else to say. CFC was overmatched.

16 Boys
      Beachside 1 FSA 1 - Beachside advances 5-4 on pk's
      Great game. Lots of action and just one of those games where you hate to see a team lose.

17 Boys
      Beachside 3 FSA 3 Beachside advances 5-4 on pk's
      Maybe the game of the day. FSA in control most of the game up 3-1 and probably should have been up 4-1 but a golden opportunity was squandered. Beachside got the 2 goals they needed to push it to OT and eventually won it in pk's.

18 Boys
      FSA 2 Soccerplus 0
      FSA went up early and never really had to worry in this one. Soccerplus may have seen their last boys team make a run to a cup final for quite some time. This is the 2nd year in a row FSA has taken down Soccerplus 2-0 in the final.
      Great write up. Thank you. Can we get the girls?

Comment

Great write up. Thank you. Can we get the girls?
        12 Girls
        FSA 3 CFC 0
        Each team had about 10 minutes where they had the run of play in the 1st half. Once FSA got the 1st goal in the 2nd half the game really opened up. CFC didn't have too many chances and couldn't handle FSA's speed up top. I'm sure this will be the start of a long rivalry.

13 Girls
        Oakwood 1 Beachside 0
        Oakwood missed a pk in 1st half but still looked like they would win it. Well coached team and another state championship.

14 Girls
        Oakwood 1 FSA 0
        Oakwood had the run of play, possession and chances but still FSA was always one ball over the top from sneaking a goal. Oakwood had enough speed at the back to contain the FSA forwards. Oakwood 14s play some of the best soccer I've seen on the girls side.

15 Girls
        FSA 2 CFC United 1
        Probably the biggest upset of the day on the girls side. CFC had the run of play throughout the first half but FSA put away a breakaway to have the lead. CFC continued to press in the 2nd half and finally equalized. Just when you thought CFC would finish the game, FSA capitalized on CFC gk getting caught out and they didn't blow the opportunity. Quality finish under pressure. CFC thought they tied it late but goal was called off. A tremendous victory for FSA 15's after losing in pk's to Wolves last year.

These last 3 games were over at Tunxis Mead and I wasn't there. Maybe someone else can give more details.

16 Girls
        South Central 4 Yankee 3

17 Girls
        CFC United 2 Oakwood 1

18 Girls
        CFC United 1 Northeast 0

Comment

Boys U18 - The SP team was playing with a field player in goal and without 2 normal starters on the back line, a starting center mid and a forward due to conflicts with a school graduation and injuries. They had 12 able bodied players at the start of the game, and one of the midfielders went down with a dislocated shoulder in the first 10 minutes.

A shame we couldn't have seen these two quality teams play each other at full strength.

Comment

Boys U18 - The SP team was playing with a field player in goal and without 2 normal starters on the back line, a starting center mid and a forward due to conflicts with a school graduation and injuries. They had 12 able bodied players at the start of the game, and one of the midfielders went down with a dislocated shoulder in the first 10 minutes.

A shame we couldn't have seen these two quality teams play each other at full strength.
            Most 18's are lucky to have 1 sub.

Comment

A very strange comment. Every U18 game I have attended this year (Cup, league, friendly, tournaments) has featured teams with 16-18 players. Why would they be lucky to have 1 sub?

Comment

I was at the B18 final. I guess we should inform SPlus that they were "lucky" to have one GK with an arm in a cast and another on crutches, a MF in a sling and 3 starters attending their school graduations. I'm sure they just didn't realize how lucky they really were. Great observation.

Comment

I was at the B18 final. I guess we should inform SPlus that they were "lucky" to have one GK with an arm in a cast and another on crutches, a MF in a sling and 3 starters attending their school graduations. I'm sure they just didn't realize how lucky they really were. Great observation.
                  Sorry about you keeper, but it's more excuses from Soccerplus which is an organization going down the drain at least on the boys side. The coach should know what is comming up with graduations etc amongst the players and plan ahead.

FYI I've seen plenty of older teams play with 0-2 subs this past year

Comment

Sorry about you keeper, but it's more excuses from Soccerplus which is an organization going down the drain at least on the boys side. The coach should know what is comming up with graduations etc amongst the players and plan ahead.

FYI I've seen plenty of older teams play with 0-2 subs this past year
                    Plan ahead? The CJSA would not change the date or time of the game. The school will not change the date or time of the graduation. Please inform us how a coach plans ahead for this.

Comment

Plan ahead? The CJSA would not change the date or time of the game. The school will not change the date or time of the graduation. Please inform us how a coach plans ahead for this.
                      Actually the CJSA changed the location and times of the Cup finals less than a week before the games were played. I'm not sure how any coach can plan ahead under these circumstances.

Comment

My son's team didn't make it to the Cup final, so I can't specifically comment on any of the games played. But I think we can all agree that in a Cup championship you would always want the best teams in the state playing each other at full strength. The Cup championship is a big stage and we should see the best product possible on that stage.

Congratulations to all the new CT Cup champions!

Comment

Don't enter the team

Comment

Don't enter the team
                            That's funny. You don't know whether there will be a conflict. You don't know whether you will have injuries. But plan ahead and don't enter the team just in case. Priceless.

Comment

That's funny. You don't know whether there will be a conflict. You don't know whether you will have injuries. But plan ahead and don't enter the team just in case. Priceless.
                              No wonder your club is on the skids

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X