Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTOC Teams?

Granted the majority of these posts are in regards to MAPLE, but I'm sure a number of you are still involved in your local town teams.

I will be out at UMass this coming weekend while my children participate with their town team in the MTOC tournament, however MYSA does not post who the teams that made it are. Do any of you know who will be representing your town leagues?

Here are the representatives from the South Coast Soccer League (from their website):

GIRLS
    U12-2 Dartmouth (u11)
    U12-1 New Bedford
    U14-2 Dartmouth (u13)
    U14-1 Dartmouth
    U16-2 Falmouth (u15) and Yarmouth-Dennis (u15) **Wildcard**
    U16-1 Sandwich and Dartmouth **Wildcard**
    U18 New Bedford
    U19 Fall River

BOYS
    U12-2 Fall River (u11)
    U12-1 New Bedford
    U14-2 Sandwich (u13)
    U14-1 Sandwich
    U16-2 Sandwich (u15)
    U16-1 Fall River and Taunton **Wildcard**
    U18 Martha's Vineyard
    U19 Sandwich (u18)

MYSA will show the draw, so you will know what other leagues are represented in your child's group. The "easiest" way to figure out who they are playing is by then going to that league's web page, access their play-off and season results, and then determine who the actual opponents will be. This can be a little confusing because each MTOC league has their own way of determining who the MTOC representative will be. For some it is a one weekend tournament, for others it is over a longer period during the end of the year and I think some send the regular season winner. Think of it as kind of an exercise of your detective ability. If you can figure out 2 of the 3 opponents you have done well. 3 out of 3 and expect to be called Sherlock at the end of the season party. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
      MYSA will show the draw, so you will know what other leagues are represented in your child's group. The "easiest" way to figure out who they are playing is by then going to that league's web page, access their play-off and season results, and then determine who the actual opponents will be. This can be a little confusing because each MTOC league has their own way of determining who the MTOC representative will be. For some it is a one weekend tournament, for others it is over a longer period during the end of the year and I think some send the regular season winner. Think of it as kind of an exercise of your detective ability. If you can figure out 2 of the 3 opponents you have done well. 3 out of 3 and expect to be called Sherlock at the end of the season party. Good luck.
      Already been down that road! A lot of league websites aren't up to date and like you said, you don't know how they determine their representatives. I was hoping to "deputize" some readers and fill in some of the blanks. Thanks.

Comment

Coastal League is sending Pembroke for the U12-2

Comment

Have the BAYS playoffs even completed yet? In prior years, they sometimes didn't finish until the Tuesday before MTOC. There can be a large number of games to determine the BAYS MTOC representative (when my daughter's team played in the BAYS finals it was her fifth game - GU14 D2 have a lot of sections).

Comment

Originally posted by MASC
            Have the BAYS playoffs even completed yet? In prior years, they sometimes didn't finish until the Tuesday before MTOC. There can be a large number of games to determine the BAYS MTOC representative (when my daughter's team played in the BAYS finals it was her fifth game - GU14 D2 have a lot of sections).
            BAYS
            Boys
            U12 1 - Concord-Carlisle
            U12 2 - W. Roxbury / Blackstone (wildcard)
            U14 1 - Milford-Hopedale / Medfield (wildcard)
            U14 2 - TBD
            U16 1 - Lexington
            U16 2 - Watertown
            U18 - Framingham
            U19 - Mansfield

Girls
            U12 1 - Southboro
            U12 2 - Walpole
            U14 1 - Brrokline
            U14 2 - TBD
            U16 1 - Newton
            U16 2 - Newton/ Natick (wildcard)
            U18/U19 - Randolph

Comment

Re: MTOC Teams?

Originally posted by StillLearning
              U14-2 Sandwich (u13)
              I think this is the D1 team?

Comment

MTOC results

Does anyone know the results from MTOC?

Comment

Brockton U19 Boys (South Shore League) won the U19 Brockton Boys.
                  6 games only gave up 2 Goals.
                  Great weekend of soccer, beautiful weather. Well Run. For the most part well officiated. MA Youth Soccer I am sure will update their site soon. They were still there yesterday waiting on 3:00 Games which without OT and PK's would not even end until welll after 4:30 PM. Huge amount of teams and spectators. Goes to show you not everyone needs/wants Club or MPS. Within the U19, U18 Girls and the same amount for boys, a good amount (not I don't have the numbers just through general conversation) are playing are or will play College Soccer.

Comment

Brockton U19 Boys (South Shore League) won the U19 Brockton Boys.
                    6 games only gave up 2 Goals.
                    Great weekend of soccer, beautiful weather. Well Run. For the most part well officiated. MA Youth Soccer I am sure will update their site soon. They were still there yesterday waiting on 3:00 Games which without OT and PK's would not even end until welll after 4:30 PM. Huge amount of teams and spectators. Goes to show you not everyone needs/wants Club or MPS. Within the U19, U18 Girls and the same amount for boys, a good amount (not I don't have the numbers just through general conversation) are playing are or will play College Soccer.

Comment

MTOC 2007
                      Sportsmanship Awards

GU19 Pepperell, Jim Hardy, Nashoba
                      GU18 Danvers, Larry Pickering, Essex
                      GU16-1 Woburn, Mike White, Middlesex
                      GU14-1 Brookline, Robert Sprague, BAYS
                      GU12-1 Marshfield, Kevin Cantwell, Coastal
                      GU16-2 Newton, Will Howcroft, BAYS
                      GU14-2 Williamstown, Greg Houston, Berkshire
                      GU12-2 Beverly, Brian Harty, Essex

BU19 Brockton, Paul Medieros, South Shore
                      BU18 Harvard, Ben Myers, Nashoba
                      BU16-1 Northboro, Scott Taggart, Nashoba
                      BU14-1 North Andover, Glen McIntyre, Essex
                      BU12-1 Lowell, Walter Callahan, Middlesex
                      BU16-2 Waltham, Dan Iodice, Middlesex
                      BU14-2 Sandwich, Alfredo Alvarenga, South Coast
                      BU12-2 Parkway United, Bob Stuke,

Comment

All results have been posted at: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/pages/67_mtoc.cfm

Congratulations to all the teams who competed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X