•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinook Cup 2009

Any thoughts?

Chinook Cup

In Portland, Oregon one of the most beautiful places on earth in August. I invite you all to look at the Chinook Cup. This is one of the largest and best tournaments in the Northwest.

A truly well run tournament, the Chinookcup provides a memorable experience to all that participate.

This year we welcome U9-U14 teams to a truly beautiful place August 20- August 23.

Check out the site
    www.chinookcup.org

Comment

If I heard correctly, this is no longer a Southside tournament or the guy who ran it is no longer running it or something? What's the scoop with that? If that is the case, do we still expect it to be as good a tournament as in past years?

Comment

Teams are up in Chinook Cup

Chinook Cup posted their teams.

http://www.chinookcup.org/programs/t...on-2009uns.asp

Comment

I had two kids play in the Chinook Cup this year. One word, AWFUL! Never again will we participate in the Chinook Cup. So many things that were done wrong, if at all! Wow is all I can say!!!

Comment

Rumors but worth looking into

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I had two kids play in the Chinook Cup this year. One word, AWFUL! Never again will we participate in the Chinook Cup. So many things that were done wrong, if at all! Wow is all I can say!!!
            I heard the reason the tournament went poorly was because their was another tournament that cancelled just prior and the club that runs Chinook Cup (Southside?) tried to accomodate all those teams into the Chinook Cup. That means trying schedule fields, ref's etc for a bunch more teams than had originally signed up.

Please understand, I didn't have a player in this years tournament, I just heard this.

Comment

Seems interesting-------Chinook added teams and had trouble with scheduling. Probably shouldn't have done that in hind sight.

Seems interesting-------OYSA added teams and is having trouble with scheduling. Probably shouldn't have done that in hind sight.

Comment

Alright so everyone was cracking on Chinook Cup. Where is the beef with OYSA scheduling?

The scheduling of dates keep getting pushed back, now it is coming up against the regular season.

Please explain. I only feel that there should be some accountability or at least communication on why.

Comment

I agree! Why the delay? It is getting to be ridiculous. It is September 11th and still no schedule. FRUSTRATED!!!!!!

Comment

Isn't this the same guy that everyone said did a great job with the Mt Hood Classic that is now doing the schedules for OYSA?

Comment

Ha ha ha ha that is priceless!!! So the grand wizard who everyone puts up on a throne is having problems with OYSA scheduling? Funny, very funny!
                      and I thought he gets paid the big bucks?!?!

Comment

Just to clarify, the guy doing the scheduling at OYSA is NOT the guy who schedules for Mt. Hood Challenge and previously Chinook Cup! If it was, our schedules would have been posted a month ago.

Comment

And we would've received 2,619 emails about it, too.

Comment

OYSA confirmed today that they have contracted with the scheduling guru himself

Comment

So it stands corrected then, the big man can fall off of his throne!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X