Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regional Predictions

Come on then, any favourites? Any MA teams have any chance of making it to Nationals?

Stars GU14 would be a good bet

Comment

Girls only... dont know enough about the boys to have an educated opinion..

Stars 14s are by far the best team in the Region 1 tournament. Best of luck.

I love Ginger Baker and the Stars 13s and they will do very well but wait until they see the Penn Striker U13 team..comprised of players from 4 states and financed completely (including lodging, travel and uniforms) by sponsor I am told. They have pulverized all the U13 teams they have played.

Bolts 17 girls are loaded again... they looked fantastic during the State Cup.

Any team that comes out of Mass. now is going to be competitive with any team from Region 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Marks

They did a huge favor for themselves and their opponents at the regional competition by beating Scorps and keeping them out of the mix.

What a great team Scorps is and I do think that Scorps and Stars really help each other get better. (Not discounting others just complimenting the head of one opponent club )

Comment

Nice words from a quality individual with fine character. Congrats on 7 teams making finals and U12,U18 winning. The club was well represented.

The U13 team showed great poise and sportsmanship again this year. After accepting their runner up awards they made their way through the Stars team shaking hands with all their rivals. Truly a classy way to represent the team, the club, and the sport. I wish them all the luck next season.

What a shame that both U14 teams could not advance. Scorps are a great team who lost to a juggernaut. Had they gone through I am certain they would have been favorites to win the region. That number 9 is special. Unbelievable game from her. When healthy the 2 best teams in the region hail from the same state. Kudos to Mass soccer.

Comment

Otto what do you mean by Scorps lost to a juggernaut?

Comment

Originally posted by otto
              Nice words from a quality individual with fine character. Congrats on 7 teams making finals and U12,U18 winning. The club was well represented.

The U13 team showed great poise and sportsmanship again this year. After accepting their runner up awards they made their way through the Stars team shaking hands with all their rivals. Truly a classy way to represent the team, the club, and the sport. I wish them all the luck next season.

What a shame that both U14 teams could not advance. Scorps are a great team who lost to a juggernaut. Had they gone through I am certain they would have been favorites to win the region. That number 9 is special. Unbelievable game from her. When healthy the 2 best teams in the region hail from the same state. Kudos to Mass soccer.
              These nice words would have more impact if you would specifically identify yourself, Otto, as a NON-Scorpions parent or coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                What's a juggernaut?

Comment

Is this like Jason and the Juggernauts? :D ;)
                  Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

U-13 – The Stars are placed in a very tough group. The Wall Soccer Club Wild Wombats are two time NJ state champions and recently won the US Club soccer championship. The Chantilly Burn out of Virginia are also the WAGS spring champions. The problem, as another poster has mentioned, is regardless who gets out of this group, they will likely match up with the Penn team that is not only destroying U-13 competition – but I believe U-14 teams as well.

U-14 – The Stars enter the tournament as the favorites to win it all. This is not an enviable position as they will play with a target on their back all week. Their spot in the semis will need to be earned on Friday when they face a rematch of the Director’s league championship against PASCO of NJ.

U-15 - The Stars may not face a group of death but they will need to play to top form if they want to succeed in this group. Syracuse from NY West and PDA as the premier league wild card are strong opponents. Both beat the Stars earlier this year. However, the Stars played well against both losing a wild one 6-4 to Syracuse and later dropped a close 2-1 loss to PDA. Find a way to advance, and the Stars could have it easier in the semis and finals.

U-16 – Congratulations Select and welcome to the big stage. Two strong but not spectacular teams await in group play. Beadling out of PA West was 5-2 in Region 1 play finishing just out of the play-offs. Chantilly beat a fantastic McClean Freedom team to win the Virginia State Championship. They also won the WAGS high school division. If you progress you will likely get McClean, who ended up winning the Director’s league, and is my pick to win it all.

U-17 - At first glance you might think that this should be the toughest group. It features power states East NY, NJ and Maryland. However I think the Bolts match up well. East Meadow is the club’s second team. Wall has been a four year state cup finalist finally winning for the first time this year. Bethesda is strong, going 6-0-1 in the Director’s league before struggling in the play-offs. Still I like the Bolt's big game experience and they are going in playing their best soccer of the year.

Comment

What's a juggernaut?
                      A juggernaut is a team with overwhelming power

Comment

Originally posted by otto

These nice words would have more impact if you would specifically identify yourself, Otto, as a NON-Scorpions parent or coach.
                        most definitely not an SC parent,coach,or supporter

Comment

Carmac, Select GU16 had already experienced this big stage. No teams in MA has better state cup history than this Select team in this age group. They were state champions in 2004, and they beat VT + an impressive NJ champions (Hybernian crush- now Wildcats), and lost to the then regional champions FC Delco.
                          This is just a little add on, and I think it is time to see them as the big stage group already: 2 state champions, 1 finalist, 2 semifinalist, enumerous prestigious tournaments participation with great results and a lot good tournament champion. Great job on your comments though!

Comment

Thank you, Mr. Marks

Originally posted by Fred Marks
                            Girls only... dont know enough about the boys to have an educated opinion..

I love Ginger Baker and the Stars 13s and they will do very well but wait until they see the Penn Striker U13 team..comprised of players from 4 states and financed completely (including lodging, travel and uniforms) by sponsor I am told. They have pulverized all the U13 teams they have played.

Bolts 17 girls are loaded again... they looked fantastic during the State Cup.

Any team that comes out of Mass. now is going to be competitive with any team from Region 1.
                            Fred Marks, I wish all coaches, parents and club directors in the Commonwealth were as sportsmanlike, respectful and thoughtful as you have shown yourself to be. The world of Mass youth soccer would be a more civilized place. Thank you.

Comment

come on then, who really has a chance at regionals. Lets get away from the threads of bashing club tryouts and how any players turned up. I think people forget we have MA teams going to regionals in less than a week.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X