Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labor Day Tournament

How is the Stars Labor Day tournament going to effect the High School pre-season?

Re: Labor Day Tournament

Originally posted by Jose
    How is the Stars Labor Day tournament going to effect the High School pre-season?
    why would it affect anything?? In MA HS soccer starts in late August. HS players may not miss a HS game or practice for a club event.

So it would have no affect.

Comment

This is onthree.
      Players who are on U14 teams in the fall and who are eligible for high school teams (9th graders and/or 8th graders who attend high schools that are physically connected to middle schools) AND who play on high school teams that plan to train or srimmage over Labor Day Weekend may run into conflicts. The number won't be prohibitive.

Comment

Just checking my log-in skills...
        A. Carrillo

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
          This is onthree.
          Players who are on U14 teams in the fall and who are eligible for high school teams (9th graders and/or 8th graders who attend high schools that are physically connected to middle schools) AND who play on high school teams that plan to train or srimmage over Labor Day Weekend may run into conflicts. The number won't be prohibitive.

So a player entering high school in the fall playing on a U14 club team can or cant be rostered on both? Had a mom tell me that her daughter could miss either a club event or hs event as she's only 14?

event meaning game or practice
          Light travels faster than sound; this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

14 yr old HS Players can also play club soccer in the fall. However f they miss a HS practice or game to attend a Club event they violate the "Bona Fide" rule and must miss 2 HS games and are ineligible for any post season competition.

The bona fide rule is not just a same sport rule - If the same 14 year old was to play Fall Lacrosse, Gymnastics, Club Swimming etc and missed the HS soccer event due to participation in one of those sports; the same rule applies.

Comment

not true if playing for an MIAA school

www.miaa.net

Comment

Guest - were you responding to my post or Pitch's?

Comment

If a player is on a public high school team then they are bound by the MIAA rule that says high school events (including practices) must come before any other teams in any sports. If the player skips a high school event in order to play/practice for another team (whatever the sport) the player can be sanctioned by being required to miss games (the number of games was about to be changed upwards last time I looked). Other schools can report this violation and cause the sanction as well.

The existence of the Stars tournament on Labor Day wouldn't create any more conflicts of this sort than Bandits Cup has in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Devil
                    Guest - were you responding to my post or Pitch's?

sorry about the confusion... blue devil is correct

Comment

Originally posted by Susy Soccer
                      The existence of the Stars tournament on Labor Day wouldn't create any more conflicts of this sort than Bandits Cup has in the past.
                      Is the tournament going to be held at the same time as the Bandit Cup?

Comment

Same weekend at the Lancaster fields only U12-U14 B and G.

Comment

14 yr old HS Players can also play club soccer in the fall. However f they miss a HS practice or game to attend a Club event they violate the "Bona Fide" rule and must miss 2 HS games and are ineligible for any post season competition.

The bona fide rule is not just a same sport rule - If the same 14 year old was to play Fall Lacrosse, Gymnastics, Club Swimming etc and missed the HS soccer event due to participation in one of those sports; the same rule applies.
                          ok...I'm sure its written somewhere but I'm being extra lazy this morning so does it change for 15's and up?

Thanks BD
                          Light travels faster than sound; this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

Originally posted by pitch420

ok...I'm sure its written somewhere but I'm being extra lazy this morning so does it change for 15's and up?

Thanks BD
                            Rule applies to all HS athletes

Comment

The Stars tournament is in direct competition with the Bandits Cup (same ages, same time). Looks like the Stars site will be nicer (Lancaster v Devens) esp if it rains. Will the better teams all flock to the Stars tournament?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X