Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT State cup results

For those of you planning your trip to Portland (and Mathman's database).

U13 South Central 5 Yankee Stars 0
    U14 CFC Impact 2 CFC Wolves 1
    U15 CUFC 2 CFC Wolves 1
    U16 CUFC 2 Yankee 2 (Yankee win 5-4 on PK's)
    U17 CUFC 1 South Central 0
    U18 CUFC 4 Oakwood 1

Since you are in on the CT scene - any idea why CUFC U15 didn't go to PDA on memorial day? They were on the original list. Just curious if they had some injuries or something - a 1-0 OT win against the CFC Wolves was probably much closer than expected so I'm figuring they must have run into some trouble along the way. (That's the score from Soccerhead website - which I figured was correct since it is run by CFC)

Comment

Feedback from one of the U 16 CUFC coaches (DC). I personally was not there, coaching my youngest and general taxi duty.

"The U16 final was very competitive and at the end of the day the better team won. We did well to take the game into extra time and had the chance in the shoot out to win the cup. That is all you can ask for, but it was not to be.

The U15 final was like a third round FA Cup tie back home where a 4th Division team, Hereford is drawn to play an EPL team, Newcastle and end up winning in an upset through a spectacular Ronnie Radford goal. The CUFC team were expected to win comfortably and this time the team in Black and White managed to avoid the upset. But it took a tremendous goal from Kerry S. to win it for CUFC.

The U18 final was very one sided even allowing for my bias in evaluating the game. The Wolves dominated for 80 minutes and led 4-0. Only the late change in tactics and substitutions allowed Oakwood back into the game. As one Oakwood parent said, 4-1 was not a fair reflection of the game. I agree. The Wolves should have won by more.

The U19 final up to the point I left was two teams going through the motions. Definitely some very good players on the field, but it could as easily have been a league game as a cup final. It took a goal from a class player to win it for South Central."

No real idea why U15's did not go to PDA. I seem to recall someone saying they had some injuries or were short for some other reason.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X