Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Cup Results?

I thought it would be helpful to have one thread dedicated to results as they come in today. Andre Cup welcome as well! Age/gender/score would be appreciated....

GU13 SCORPS 6-S OVER BHAWKS
    GU13 STARS 6-0 NOVA
    GU14 STARS12 -1 NOR'EASTER

THESE ARE GAMES I SAW

ALL 3WINNERS LOOKED DOMINANT

Comment

On a score of 6-5 how can the team be dominant?
      And again why the lopsided scores on the other two? Doesn't sound like a lot of fun for the kids who lost.

Comment

EDITED WITH INFO FROM STATE CUP SITE- Bolts (6 points) and Scorpions (6 points ) are through to the semis in Red Group - placement to be decided in tomorrow's game; Stars (6) are through in first place in Black group regardless of the result of tomorrow's gameS. Second place in the black group is up for grabs as Nor'easter has 3 points and Fuller and MPS each have 1 point.

GU14 Stars 11-1 over Nor'easter
        GU14 Stars 8-0 over Fuller Hamlets
        Fuller Hamlets U14 1 - MPS 1
        Nor'easter 2 - MPS Renegades 0

Scorpions 4 - Aztecs 0
        Scorpions 5 - NE Eagles 0
        Bolts 4 - Eagles 0
        Bolts 1 - Aztecs 0

I'm not sure what was meant by the lopsided scores and fun. This is State Cup - not a friendly. Neither of the two teams that were on the losing end of the Stars 14s gave up; they were both playing in the end - especially Nor'easter. In the FH- Stars games both teams were having some difficulty with the heat which was brutal so they both looked pretty slo mo at the end..

By the way I think the goal scored by Nor'Easter was only the second goal scored in the run of play against Stars this season (that is not a penalty or free kick). It was a beautiful goal on a fast counter that put them in the lead at the beginning of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
          GU13 SCORPS 6-S OVER BHAWKS
          GU13 STARS 6-0 NOVA
          GU14 STARS12 -1 NOR'EASTER

THESE ARE GAMES I SAW

ALL 3WINNERS LOOKED DOMINANT

the S which you took for a 5 should have been a 2. I am still mastering my keyboard and apologize for the error

Comment

HEAT TOOK A TOLL TODAY. Fuller player taking away in ambulance along with 3 others needed to sit out with dehyrdation.

Comment

What ages? I know one GU14 FH player was dehydrated, but she left in her family car; I saw her as we left after the game and had spoken with her mother at half time. I did not see an ambulance at our game.

EDIT-My daughter just told me that FH GU14 was playing down at the end because three players were sitting out (had actually left?) due to the heat beyond the original one who left first at half time. It was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Susy Soccer
                I'm not sure what was meant by the lopsided scores and fun. This is State Cup - not a friendly.
                Susy, I don't think poster meant "fun" in usual sense of the word, I think it was meant to suggest it's "no fun" getting beaten badly (like it's no fun having a bad hair day on Prom night)!

Heat was brutal, plenty of good players from several teams down for the count.

Comment

Yes, one girl left the complex in an Ambulance. Actually came back to watch the 2nd game from the hospital after the fluids got into her. It was scary. Glad the refs gave a water break in the 2nd half. I seen that before in Florida. Make sense.....

Comment

When are people going to learn to start hydrating several days before a tournament?

Comment

Any girls u-15 scores to report?

Comment

Results are here: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/statecup.cfm

They seem to be updated in a very timely manner.

Comment

yes brutal day

I heard many parents say they felt like their skin was on fire and they weren't even running around! Saw one team really beat up with the heat exhaustion during the 4:00 p.m. games. It was a G15 game and two kids were real bad. Hopefully they are okay and drink about 2 gallons of water tonight.

Upset of the day has to be FCU 3 and WU 1 with #8 seed beating #1 in the B13 group. Most parents of the young ones thought it was Puma beating SAC 4-2 in the B12 first game of the day. I guess it was a 15 seed beating a 2 or something along those lines. I haven't been following the 11 and 12 groups this year.

I'd report the older kids scores but the powers that be got those brackets out of there as soon as the kids games in each age group were done for the day. I'll have em all tomorrow when I get home from the pitch though in case they aren't on the website that quick for those interested.

P.S. Both Stars and Scorps looked scary good in G14 today. First time I've watched either team this year. It would be something if Scorps beat Stars for state cups and both teams represent at regionals. Stars is, of course, in with the premier league spot no matter what.
                          Hey ref whats the call?
                          Your missing a good game ref!
                          Handball!
                          Call it both ways!
                          Oh, that was a foul!
                          Are you kidding me?
                          She was offsides ref!
                          What are you blind?
                          Hey ref, you wanna borrow my glasses?

Comment

I did not get out to Umass until the late game for the u16 girls but at that point the weather was beautiful.

I know the fields are not as bad as usual...least they were dry but what a difference coming from PDA to this...Hopefully this is the last year for Umass.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow...Low 70's

Comment

Stars

Does anyone know how many of the Stars' numerous goals yesterday were scored by the player who dropped down from the Stars' U15 team? That team must be missing her this weekend!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X