Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you defend without compressing the field?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you defend without compressing the field?

Wanted to get opinions about a coaching idea I overheard recently. I disagree, but really curious to hear other people's takes on it.

http://acoachinglife.wordpress.com/2...ing-the-field/

I have just read the comments you make about the coach that coached a compressed field,this is very stupid, because when you get " switch play " the compressed side will lose every time.
    The best way of giving you a eg. is " the ball will always travel faster then you can run"!!!
    One to one marking with tracking other players when defending is the correct way of playing when defending you goal. hope this supports your thoughts.
    ps. Please do not listen to this coach if he or she is coaching like that or better stillmove your son to another team!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by simon; 10-04-2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Simon Says

Originally posted by simon View Post
      I have just read the comments you make about the coach that coached a compressed field,this is very stupid, because when you get " switch play " the compressed side will lose every time.
      The best way of giving you a eg. is " the ball will always travel faster then you can run"!!!
      One to one marking with tracking other players when defending is the correct way of playing when defending you goal. hope this supports your thoughts.
      ps. Please do not listen to this coach if he or she is coaching like that or better stillmove your son to another team!!!!!!!!!!
      Simon, I see that you like to take your soccer idiocy everywhere, Region 3, Region 2, Region 1. Your nonsense does get around quite a bit.

You seem to not understand the concept of playing compact defense. Sadly, man-to-man marking as a defensive concept is not feasible across the entire length of the pitch. Maybe someday you will be able to pick someone's brain and get the soccer education that you so badly need. Until then, please refrain from giving coaching "advice" and kindly refrain from casting stones at other "bad" coaches since you are not qualified to even speak on the subject. Cheers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X