Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day Tournament Results

Any news from the FC Delco or Needham tournaments? Or others?

Big one for the Bolts BU14/15s: Manchester United Premier Cup at the Nike Headquarters in Beaverton, OR.
    http://www.fcportland.org/wordpress/?page_id=15

The tournament is set up like World Cup including the draw and the winner gets a free trip to international finals. Wayne Rooney made an appearance during this year's opening ceremonies.

Here's the competition:

Arsenal FC from Rancho Cucamonga, California
    Bethesda S.C. Arsenal from Bethesda, Maryland
    Concorde Fire Elite from Atlanta, Georgia
    Crossfire Premier from Seattle, Washington
    Dallas Texans from Dallas, Texas
    FC Delco Roadkill from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    FC Greater Boston Bolts from Boston, Massachusetts
    FC Portland Academy (Tournament Host) from Portland, Oregon
    Irvine Strikers from Irvine, California
    PDA from Zarephath, New Jersey
    Real Colorado from Highlands Ranch, Colorado
    Real So Cal from Woodland Hills, California
    Rush Select from Lakewood, Colorado
    San Diego Surf from San Diego, California
    Scott Gallagher from St. Louis, Missouri
    Sereno Soccer Club from Phoenix, Arizona
    Sockers FC Chicago from Chicago, Illinois
    Team Ohio from Columbus, Ohio
    Valley United SC Blast from Granada Hills, California
    Vardar from Detroit, Michigan

Bolts lost their first one 1-0 against San Diego Surf, but as So Cal teams are already 5-2-3, I don't think a 1-0 loss is anything to be ashamed. Competition by the scores looks well matched: http://www.fcportland.org/wordpress/?page_id=19

P.S. I never knew there really is a place called Cucamonga
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Needham scores posted here:

http://www.gotsport.com/events/?eventid=1196

Judging by the scores, the competetive looks to be very uneven with score of 9-1, 10-0, etc. even in the "Premier" division.

Comment

FC Delco scores are here - http://www.go2ustc.com/soccer/playerscup.shtml

Comment

Scorpions Soccer 1 vs 0 Twin County Crew
          Scorpions Soccer 0 vs 1 Vincent United Blizzards

What is going on with the U14 Scorpions this spring? A team with 6 or 7 Regional players shouldn't be struggling because 2 players are injured.

Comment

They are only 14 years old and will have some ups and downs. Kids that young have the right to make mistakes and have their ups and downs without it becoming a big deal. If it is no big deal to the adults it will be no big deal to the kids.

Comment

Thanks for the links. The biggest surprise at FC Delco for me is the Braddock Road loss to FC Pennsylvania (who I believe is a U13 team....obviously a very good one!). Nice tournament. Tough brackets and good teams.

Comment

USClub Soccer Region 1 Final
                www.gotsport.com/events/default.aspx?EventID=1005

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous

What is going on with the U14 Scorpions this spring? A team with 6 or 7 Regional players shouldn't be struggling because 2 players are injured.
                  It's partly their style of play. If you focus on goto players, it's hard to adjust when they're missing. The Stars style is a little more balanced. The Scorps will recover just fine.

Comment

Thanks for the links. The biggest surprise at FC Delco for me is the Braddock Road loss to FC Pennsylvania (who I believe is a U13 team....obviously a very good one!). Nice tournament. Tough brackets and good teams.
                    The Delco brackets seem very balanced. There will be some two and three way ties by then end of the day which will have to be resolved by tie breakers and those may not go well for the top ranked teams (Pasco, BRaddock Road and Scorps). Hopefully Scorps can get the wildcard. I wonder if players are missing from some of these teams (injury, vacations) or if some very long seasons are beginning to have an impact.

Here's the link to PDA college showcase -

http://www.gotsport.com/events/?eventid=1163

Comment

The biggest problem for the Scorpions is that they are victims of their own success and expectations for them are very high. I think the Bolts U17s suffered a similiar problem last year and then went on to win at the Regionals.

Comment

It's partly their style of play. If you focus on goto players, it's hard to adjust when they're missing. The Stars style is a little more balanced. The Scorps will recover just fine.
                        I'm curious what you mean by "style of play". Often you see young teams peter out around U13/U14 because they play a kick and chase style of soccer and have built their teams around early maturing 10, 11 and 12 year olds who physically dominate a game. Once the other kids' growth catch up and surpass in skills these teams get left behind. But nobody would ever accuse the Scorpions of being a kick and chase team. Far from it, so I know that's not what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by MASoccer
                          Try this one -

http://www.gotsport.com/events/?eventid=1005

In GU14 Bolts won all three games, had the toughest crossover (Killer Bees) and is playing Killer Bees in the finals.

Comment

u12g scorps play rather pretty, and effective soccer

i had the pleasure to watch the u12g first scorpion team player earlier this year ... far from run and gun ... consistant, frequent, 5, 6 or more short passes to feet building up an effective attack ... terrific off the ball movement beyond their years ... the prettiest, and most effective game i've seen a team this old play.

Comment

Thanks again for the links. Interesting results over the weekend thus far. Any news or results from the Oakwood tournament? Happy Memorial Day to you all!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X