Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GU13 Memorial Day tournament team ratings

Here are the present ratings of GU13 teams at tournaments where Massachusetts teams are playing this Memorial Day weekend. A question mark (?) after the team means that I don’t have a lot of rated games for the team, or don’t have many for them at U13, so the rating should be taken with a rather large grain of salt.

Generally, since I have fewer interstate rated games at this age group, the ratings of non-Massachusetts teams should be compared with those of Massachusetts teams only roughly. In fact, I intend to use the results of these tournaments to normalize the ratings between the states.

FC Delco [Championship]

PDA 990
    TEYSA Storm 849
    Ohio Premier Green 800
    McLean Premier Strikers 942

MLU Power 991
    South Coast Scorpions Elite 1017
    GAK Thunder 705
    LDC United Phoenix 822

Pittsgrove Pride 971
    Hockessin Hotspur 793
    Smithtown Attack 1016
    FC Bucks Xtreme 978

Oakwood Premier Invitational

[no rated games for CT teams for the spring season]

Oakwood 511
    CFC Arsenal 670
    Western United 706
    Maine Metro ?

Everton America (see below)
    Noreaster Stingers 320
    RI Rays Riptide 541
    FSA Soccer Plus Falcons 508 (?)

NE Eagles 272
    CFC Wolves 814
    Alleycats Predators 443 (?)

Everton America Blue (see below)
    Odyssey Sport ?
    North Shore United 441

The two Everton teams may have changed their names, and I am not sure which is which. One was in CT Premier 2 in the Fall, and one was in Premier 3. One is rated 596, and the other is rated 306. If anyone knows which is which, PM me.

New England Soccer Classic

Premier

Crusaders 553
    FSA Soccer Plus Eagles 593 (?)
    Pioneers (D2) 751
    Seacoast Blue 593

FC United 157
    Fuller Hamlets 832
    Lusitana 500
    Southeast Premier Fury 530

Aztecs 580
    NH Phantoms 369
    Pioneers (D Red) 340
    Yankee United Comets 619

Needham Memorial Day

Premier

Delta White 64
    Far Post ?
    MPS Crusaders 408
    South Coast Premier 432

Blackhawks Predators 746
    FC Greater Boston 642
    Inter Bandits 145
    SF Vikings 209

Blackbear ?
    CRU Hatari 488
    FC Puma 766
    Nordic ?

Explosion 446
    Maine Terriers ?
    MPS Renegades Red 109
    STS 434

Division 1

Burlington Lakers ?
    MPS Renegades (White?) 168 (?)
    Merrymeeting Mainiacs ?
    Guilford 198 (?)

Coastal ?
    Eastern Mass (MASC?) 397 (?)
    Greenwich United ?
    Mission Strikers 120

Nashua World Cup

NH Classics 384 (?)
    CFC Wildcats 532
    PASA 587
    Stars Athletic 598

Which Renegades team is the one in the State Cup RR?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
      From what I know, the label "MPS Renegades Red 109" is one of their development teams and not the team in the RR.

Comment

From what I know, the label "MPS Renegades Red 109" is one of their development teams and not the team in the RR.
        You may be wrong on this. I think this is the team headed to the RR.

Comment

Im not wrong. the U13 renegades have 3 development (Red, white & black) and 1 premier team. The team that is in the RR is the same team that was in the finals at Needham. IF, by some freaky mistake it is the same team, mathman is way way off base with the 109 rating. This team should be in the 700 to 800's

Comment

Im not wrong. the U13 renegades have 3 development (Red, white & black) and 1 premier team. The team that is in the RR is the same team that was in the finals at Needham. IF, by some freaky mistake it is the same team, mathman is way way off base with the 109 rating. This team should be in the 700 to 800's
            Then we are both in agreement. I was referring to the team that played in Needham. Needham has them listed as "MPS Renegades Red". Wasn't sure what the #109 meant.

Comment

Then we are both in agreement. I was referring to the team that played in Needham. Needham has them listed as "MPS Renegades Red". Wasn't sure what the #109 meant.
              From MYSA site G13

Rank Team
              1 Stars
              2 Scorpions SC
              3 WMass Jr Pioneers
              4 Fuller Hamlets
              5 MPS-Renegades
              6 Western United FC
              7 Blackhawks
              8 Nova

Comment

These rankings were based in large part based on the teams' performance last year. Shows how much things can change at this age group in one year. A couple of teams are now playng in Div 2.

Comment

These rankings were based in large part based on the teams' performance last year. Shows how much things can change at this age group in one year. A couple of teams are now playng in Div 2.
                  Any thoughts on how MPS got where they are?
                  Light travels faster than sound; this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

MPS looks to be a strong team and certainly earned their RR spot fair and square. However, they definitely benefitted from a good State Cup draw. They did not have to play a Div 1 team along the way to the RR. In fact the #5 seed that they played in the final round leading up to the RR will be relegated to MAPLE D next season.

Comment

MPS looks to be a strong team and certainly earned their RR spot fair and square. However, they definitely benefitted from a good State Cup draw. They did not have to play a Div 1 team along the way to the RR. In fact the #5 seed that they played in the final round leading up to the RR will be relegated to MAPLE D next season.
                      That's true, but they did start at seed 29, playing 4 play-in games and with a roster frozen on Sept. 23, so still no easy feat. I believe the current G14's had a similar run last year (and by the time state cup rolled around had picked up several new players who couldn't play because of the frozen roster).

All in all, the 13's look like a pretty balanced group (Black group looks particularly tough, Stars ought to win the Red bracket easily) and could be anyone's win.

Good luck!

Comment

Mathman, I know you've given an explanation before, but is it correct that you include both tournaments (so those teams playing in and doing well in bigger tournaments will earn higher ratings) as well as in-state games (in whatever format, like Maple play or previous state cups) in figuring the ratings?

Comment

That's true, but they did start at seed 29, playing 4 play-in games and with a roster frozen on Sept. 23, so still no easy feat. I believe the current G14's had a similar run last year (and by the time state cup rolled around had picked up several new players who couldn't play because of the frozen roster).
                          All in all, the 13's look like a pretty balanced group (Black group looks particularly tough, Stars ought to win the Red bracket easily) and could be anyone's win.

Good luck![/quote]

Yes, that's true, in fact they had 3 U-12's on last year's U-13 team playing all the way to semifinals before losing 2-0 to Scorpions, plus several injuries. But I guess every team struggles with injuries, I think I remember that the current Stars G14 team had 1-2 excellent players down with injuries in last year's final (could be wrong, but I seem to recall hearing that somewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by Red99

Good luck!
                            Stars should roll through the red and Scorps look tough in the black having just beaten PDA 3-0 in Delco. FH and Bh are very tough, physical teams though, on big fields that are groomed well I see the Stars and Scorps going through. If the fields are small and weather is rough we could see an upset in the black.

Comment

From MYSA site G13

Rank Team
                              1 Stars
                              2 Scorpions SC
                              3 WMass Jr Pioneers
                              4 Fuller Hamlets
                              5 MPS-Renegades
                              6 Western United FC
                              7 Blackhawks
                              8 Nova
                              The final MYSA round-robin "ranks" have almost nothing to do with actual seedings. 1-4 are last year's semi-finalists - 1 was the champ, 2 runner-up, 3 lost to champ in semis 4 was the remaining semi-finalist. 5-8 are originaly seeded but if a lower seeded team like the Renegades beats the original 5 seed they get their spot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X