Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GU 14 ratings for massachusetts teams

Here are the updated ratings for Massachusetts teams with a rating over 100. This includes games to May 16.

Attleboro Blue Machine 237
    Aztecs 723
    Blackhawks 396
    Boston Blast 534
    CRU Wildcats 251
    Crusaders (D2) 584
    Crusaders (MASC A1) 248
    Delta FC 319
    Essex County Storm 440
    Explosion Strikers 149
    FC Greater Boston 970
    FC Puma 707
    FC United 296
    Fuller Hamlets A 784
    Inter Bandits 652
    Mariner 169
    Mission 330
    MPS Crusaders 445
    MPS Renegades 690
    N. England Soccer School 235
    Nashoba United 123
    NE Eagles 748
    NorEaster Sting 595
    North Shore 445
    Pioneers 435
    Sachems 297
    SF Vikings 737
    SF Vikings 191
    South Coast Elite 1164
    South Coast Premier 626
    South Coast Club 193
    SS Select 472
    SS Stingrays Green 102
    Stars of Mass United 1314
    Stars of Mass Athletic 463
    STS 275
    VSA United 610
    Western United 623

Mathman,

Great work - have you done u17 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
      Mathman,

Great work - have you done u17 yet?
      Yes, in 3 years....

Comment

Do you have and can post ratings for CT teams as well?

Comment

Originally posted by skinny maradona
          Yes. I rate about 3100 teams nationally at U14, and have about 52,000 rated games nationally for this age group. I will post CT ratings later tonight. But you should understand that the CT ratings are not as accurate, I think, as those for MA, mainly because the CT premier league doesn't post scores on their website, so I have to snoop around to find the scores of the games.

Just wondering: why do you ask? Are you from CT?

Comment

Mathman -

I assume you've already found this site in CT, but just in case-

http://soccerhead.infopop.net/2/OpenTop ... =313104713

There is a definate CFC/CUFC bent - but they do post scores here frequently.

SS

Comment

Originally posted by Susy Soccer
              Mathman - I assume you've already found this sicte in CT, but jus in case-

http://soccerhead.infopop.net/2/OpenTop ... =313104713
              Yes. That is one of the places I use. The CUFC website used to post the scores last year, so I used those. But now they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by skinny maradona
                Here are the ratings for the CT teams. It doesn't include any premier league games from this year, or the results of any state cup games this year.

I actually have ratings for about 30 CT teams, but the ones listed here are the only ones for which I have U14 games, and for which I have over 20 rated games (the most number of rated games I have is 65, for CFC Impact).

Beachside FC 602
                CFC Impact 954
                CFC Wolves 883
                CT United Arsenal 676
                Eastern FC Bobcats 433
                Everton America 559
                FSA Soccer Plus Charge 675
                Northeast United 593
                Oakwood 565
                South Central Pr. Cyberrays 754
                Yankee United Galaxy 596

There are a couple of highly-rated teams that are not listed here because I don't have very many rated games for them. If CFC would stop changing the names of their teams, that would help a lot. If you are interested in a particular team that is not listed here, PM me and I will see if I have it rated.

Comment

Just because I have the results:

The GU14 teams that have increased their ratings the most since U13 are:

NE Eagles +166
                  Aztecs +133
                  Stars +121
                  FC Greater Boston +91
                  Essex County Storm +90
                  Boston Blast +78

One could, of course, argue that this is just due to the ratings becoming more accurate as teams play games (or that it is irrelevant)....

Comment

Mathman,
                    I have always been curious about something. How "dynamic" are your ratings. If a team that was say 225 picked up a couple of super players that made them an 800 team how long would it realistically take until their rating caught up with their skill level

Comment

Mathman,

Wonderful project you are working on.

I recall your saying that a rating difference of less than 100 points is not significant. Does this imply that only 3 teams have seen a statistically significant increase in their rating since last year?

Also, could you post the ratings for some of the teams in the bigger Memorial Day tournaments?

Comment

Originally posted by Soccer Fan
                        Mathman,
                        I have always been curious about something. How "dynamic" are your ratings. If a team that was say 225 picked up a couple of super players that made them an 800 team how long would it realistically take until their rating caught up with their skill level
                        Quite a while, maybe 20 games or so until it got rated close to 800. But the effect of such a change in roster would probably be felt immediately, provided that the team could get accepted into tournaments or leagues where the average team was rated around 800. The way you pick up big points is to beat teams rated higher than you, or beat teams rated only slightly higher, but by a lot (6-0, say).

I only have time to give this short answer because I have to leave to pick up a daughter at college. I will post a somewhat longer response later tonight.

Comment

Mathman,

Wonderful project you are working on.

I recall your saying that a rating difference of less than 100 points is not significant. Does this imply that only 3 teams have seen a statistically significant increase in their rating since last year?

Also, could you post the ratings for some of the teams in the bigger Memorial Day tournaments?
                          Yes, and yes (the actual criterion is somewhere around 75 points rating difference: that corresponds to the higher-rated team winning 3 out of 5 meetings; 120 points corresponds to their winning 2 out of 3).

I will post the ratings for the major memorial day tournaments toward the beginning of the week, since most leagues have finished their season by then, so I will have more rated games.

If you pm me with the tournament you are going to, and, if possible, a website for the tournament, I will post the ratings of teams in the tournament (13s and 14s only; 11s and 12s are a work in progress, and I won't be finished with them for at least another month). And remember, I only rate girls teams.

Comment

Some of the Memorial Day tournaments that come to mind are Delco, Oakwood, US Club Regionals and Needham.

Thanks!

Comment

Some of the Memorial Day tournaments that come to mind are Delco, Oakwood, US Club Regionals and Needham.

Thanks!
                              Yes. Also in region I are NE Soccer Classic, MSSL, Montclair Clash of cleats, Cougar Invitational, Pocono Cup, Ukrainians, Hampden, Phila Soccer classic, Kirkwood, Virginian, Adidas Potomac, and Columbia.

There are probably others that I have missed. If you know of them, PM me with the URL (don't post it here). I am especially interested in CT tournaments with websites that give scores (which they often do not). CT soccer seems like a real technological backwater compared to other states, which strikes me as a little odd.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X