PDA

View Full Version : state cup predictions

sccrdad
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM
does anyone have any bold predictions for state cup? will we have another Bolts boys bonanza along with Stars/Scorps girls continued domination? i'll go way out on a limb and say scorps girls win 12,13 and stars win 14,15,16

butkusfan
05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Here is my synopsis as moved from that other old forum which shall remain nameless:

U13 G
Probably the most balanced division with the Scorps, Stars and Hamlets the favorites. Stars probably have more big game experience from tournament play (a bit of a silly statement for U-13s... ) but the Scorpions have played the best this spring. This is probably the best Renegades team of the entries in the younger ages and so they are the darkhorse.

U14G
Still sets up as a two team race with the Scorpions and Stars the favorites but the Bolts have had a great spring and are hungry to proove that they belong with the other two. Ultimately I think it is just too much to ask of the other teams to have to beat these three strong teams to win it all - especially if it is means playing the Stars/Scorpions back to back in the semis and finals. MPS Renegades had a good tourney last year but probably aren't ready to play with the big dogs.

U15G
The brackets are yet undecided with the two top MAPLE D1 teams having still not secured their spots in the RR (NOVA and Pioneers) but the Stars remain the real quality in this group despite their struggles in the R1 Director's League. Look for the NOT MPS Crusaders to emerge from the other group to challenge. No real MPS threat at this age.

U16G
Select and Aztecs are great teams who have played well in this tournament in the past and Pioneers had a great spring in the sub-regional but this remains the Stars tournament to lose. They may be the best girls team in the state regardless of age group (and I do mean head up and not comparitively). MPS Crusaders neeed to beat a solid NOVA to get in but since as always there would be little knowledge about an MPS entry heading into the RR it would make them dangerous to opponents.

U17G
Bolts remain clear favorites despite their inability to really separate from the Scorpions or CRU this spring. It is always hard to pick against a team that has found ways to win so many big games... so I wont, but this may be the group with an upset special... look for an improved MPS Crusaders team maybe be that entry.

05-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll go out further on that limb and predict that three clubs Scorpions - Stars - Bolts will win 90%+ of all U-13 to U-18 state cup championships on both the girls and boys sides and are favorites to win every

05-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Look for a surprise in the GU14 Round Robin with Bolts over Scorpions. Bolts have closed the gap with Scorpions. Stars have open a significant gap over all others and I think they will when all five games easily. The Stars have National Championship potential. Could be best Mass team ever if they can stay together.

In GU17 CRU will prevail as they have alway had slight edge over Bolts. This Bolts team while wildly talented has not risen to it's potential. Watch out for MPS Crusaders as well.

05-18-2007, 09:09 AM
It is awful hard to diregard a team that won the prior years regional championship. They may have struggled some this spring but in part that is because of the lofty standards set for them and the fact that they play a very difficult and competitive schedule. Bolts have the most to prove in the state cup round robin and certainly need to show that they are something more than a semi-final team if they want access to the top end tournaments and showcases which really seems to be the goal for this group. Because neither the Stars nor the Scorpions have played a lot of in-state games this year it is pretty hard to know how the rest of the state (including the Bolts) matches up with them. However, we'll see in a couple of weeks!

05-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Look for a surprise in the GU14 Round Robin with Bolts over Scorpions. Bolts have closed the gap with Scorpions. Stars have open a significant gap over all others and I think they will when all five games easily. The Stars have National Championship potential. Could be best Mass team ever if they can stay together.

I agree you. Thi :arrow: s Stars team could be the strongest team ever to come from Mass. It's a very well balanced team which is unlike the typical Scorpions team which always seems to depend on a few key players. The Stars have some real depth and work well as a team.

Susy Soccer
05-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Scorps - always find a way to win the big games and should be well on the way to adjusting to the injuries they've faced. They have their long-held reputation as the BEST team in Massachusetts to uphold. The Delco tournament results may be telling.

Bolts - have an incredible combined record in their two leagues of 12-0-1 with 45 GF and 4 GA. These guys know how to win. Are they playing Mem Day weekend?

Stars - would like to earn the respect within the borders of the commonwealth that they have earned outside Massachusetts and the region. Oddly, despite historically not being "the team" in Massachusetts, they seem to have the biggest target on their backs for State Cup this year. They also need to win State Cup because otherwise much the team will have no place to stay for the Regionals in Maine since the wild card hotel doesn't have enough rooms. :lol:

ieleven
05-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know why the state cup was a forfeit for the GU13 FC Puma vs Blackhaws

05-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Upset Special -- In the G U17 grouping the Aztecs to advance past the round robin to the finals.

The reasons -

* Goalie who can cover more of the net than most
* Team that has jelled late for their age group and plays a strong possession game
* Strong center D tandem

butkusfan
05-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Aztecs making the final at this age group would be a very big upset in that very few D2 teams make it through to the RR never mind the semis. Not sure what they have added coming into this year but they will likely face a similar quality of team as last year's RR which is significantly better than what they have faced up to this point. The Aztec program is certainly emerging as tops on the north shore, but I'm not sure if they are ready to compete with strong Bolts, CRU, MPS and Scorps programs at this age group, but we shall see.

05-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Best bets to win are at the U-15 age group. Stars for girls and Bolts for boys. Even though they haven't done as well out of state both teams are dominant in-state.

Red99
05-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know why the state cup was a forfeit for the GU13 FC Puma vs Blackhaws

I noticed this too -- but I believe that the game may have actually been played with Puma coming out on top (I think results were posted earlier). My guess is a roster issue?

scr23
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM

I noticed this too -- but I believe that the game may have actually been played with Puma coming out on top (I think results were posted earlier). My guess is a roster issue?

Red99 is correct. FC Puma had an illegitimate roster.

05-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Aztecs making the final at this age group would be a very big upset in that very few D2 teams make it through to the RR never mind the semis. Not sure what they have added coming into this year but they will likely face a similar quality of team as last year's RR which is significantly better than what they have faced up to this point. The Aztec program is certainly emerging as tops on the north shore, but I'm not sure if they are ready to compete with strong Bolts, CRU, MPS and Scorps programs at this age group, but we shall see.

Butkusfan your statement has good logic

Some info you may not know is last year in this age group the Aztecs had to win 3 games to get to the round robin from the D group. Once they got there they had the run of play against Western and had 2 direct kicks bounce off the cross bar and two more sail a foot over the top of the goal. Western won on a cross that turned out to be the last play of the game and while Western played well they gave up 8-10 quality scoring chances and generated only 2-3. In the second game CRU had a slight run of play advantage and won 2-0 and in the 3rd Aztecs played the Bolts with 10 players and lost 1 or 2 to nil.

So my point is last year acclimated them to State Cup. Since then they have grown considerably as a team and played tough competition in various tournaments and against their own WPSL, 18's and 16's teams - I think that they are used to this level of competition.

They are my upset pick to make it out of the RR, and while they most likely won't win, I believe thay will get to the finals. But like you said that is why they play the games.

JimBaxter
05-18-2007, 07:40 PM
I agree you. This Stars team could be the strongest team ever to come from Mass. It's a very well balanced team which is unlike the typical Scorpions team which always seems to depend on a few key players. The Stars have some real depth and work well as a team.

Agreed-the U14G Stars team is excellent and could be scary good in the future.

Susy Soccer
05-19-2007, 05:34 PM
I heard a bunch of the today's State Cup games have been postponed. Anyone heard which?

There were three GU15 matches scheduled today which would have decided the three openings in the round robin. Other age groups are not quite so impacted with just one or two slots to fill in.

05-19-2007, 05:59 PM
U15 Score from today:

MPS Renegades - 1 (PK's)
NOVA - 0

The U15 Renegades break their NOVA jynx.

Susy Soccer
05-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Congrats! And Nova is currently at the top of MAPLE so this bodes well for for the Renegades in state cup.

GU15 Red group is now complete-

Stars, Scorps, MPS Renegades and Aztecs

Black group still has two teams to be determined - to be added to Western and (non-MPS) Crusaders.

Was the 6:30 Vikings/Naploi game at NESS cancelled? Turf so maybe it's going on now. Great location for spectators on a day like today - inside warm and next to the bar.

I figure the 5:45 Pioneers-Bandits games at Ana Dias was cancelled?

soccerlimo
05-19-2007, 07:08 PM
For those that didnt see it, it was a fantastic game both sides played there hearts out.Back and forth for 110mins.Both sides had good chances to put it away, the Renegades probably had the best in the 2nd OT with 2 great passes to a wide open striker but she chipped it over an open net.In PKs Nova looked very uptight and missed the net twice,Renegades slid in there 4.
VERY WELL DONE
Both teams

05-19-2007, 08:46 PM
In the U14G state cups we all know it will come down to Scorps and Stars. Hopefully scorps best player(9) is back. Bolts won't beat scorps. They've had no competition in the sub regional league and in Maple killed maybe 2 teams. Aztec and Puma games very close. Aztecs not enough players to do anyhting in the state cups. NE Eagles having a tough season, lucky to have tied and won many games. Such as Vikings game and PUma game many hit posts and crossbars. Nor'easter going to get crushed. Got lucky that EVERY and I mean every Puma girl had an off game and that the refs were completely clueless. Fuller kick and run game has finally caught up to them. Probably goingt o finish in 4th place behind Bolts, Aztec, Puma. Lost 2-1 to Aztec. Haven't played Bolts yet and lost 3-0 to Puma. Absoultuelty no offense in either game just got lucky with a goal in the Aztec game. In the end STars will probably come out on top. These are my predictions

05-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Watch out for F.C. Puma U14 Girls to become great in U15 next season. With new coach and really gelled this season. Have a ton of new recruits coming to try outs. Finally got some offense this season but unlucky to have injuries to stopper(whole season didn't play a game) and goalie(played half) this season.

Susy Soccer
05-19-2007, 09:04 PM
How does anyone know who is coming to tryouts? If these players are any good, they should still be playing MAPLE and state cup and cannot be recruited to try out until their season is complete. That's the rules!

Edit - okay - of course there are good players out there not playing MAPLE.

Susy Soccer
05-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Well it looks like all the GU15 state cup games got played.

Black group is now complete - Western United, Crusaders, Pioneers, FC Napoli

Jr. Pioneers beat Inter bandits 4-0 at Ana Dias
FC Napoli beat SF Vikings 2-0 at NESS

onthree
05-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Looks like the red group is the group of death in that GU15 RR. However, I haven't seen any MAPLE games this spring in that age group, so perhaps things look less intense than they appear?

05-20-2007, 10:38 AM
PUMA will be tops next year? They are 2-2-2 in MAPLE this year and lost by a combined 11-1 to Stars and Scorpions in the fall - and I will guess the games weren't that close. That is lot of ground to make up at try-outs.

butkusfan
05-20-2007, 11:16 AM
The girls brackets (U-13 to U-18) are essentially all set (I think there is one U-16 game and one U-18 left) and so it may be worth looking at the representations of clubs in the RR. 17 Clubs have teams through (total of 48 teams). Only MPS has teams in every age group, but they have two separate entities competing (Renegades in 13, 14, 15 and 18 and and Crusaders at 16 and 17). Two clubs have teams in 5 of 6 groups (Scorps at 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18 and Aztecs at 14-18). Stars (13-16) Pioneeers (13, 15, 16, 18) and Western United (13, 15, 17, 18) have 4 through and Bolts have 4 teams through but two are actually together in the 17 group with the other two at 14 and 16. SS Select, Blackhawks and Fuller have 2 and Eagles, NOVA, N'oreaster, CRU, Napoli, Inter and Crusaders each have a single entrant. However the U-16 match is Eagles v. Crusaders and U-18 is Napoli v. Crusaders so those clubs will gain additional entries. Interesting in their omission is that the Vikings (old SUNS and Force) and Puma have no RR entries in these 6 age groups (I haven't included the 19s because all 6 teams that applied went through to the RR). Biggest surprise: The strength of the Aztec program. Biggest Non-issue: The fact that MPS teams are in every group. Clubs that will send most teams trough to the semis: Scorps, MPS and Stars.

TheStatsGuy
05-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I always look forward to ref'ing and watching these matches in the RR and Finals. I also can't wait to hit Maine for some great soccer and even better lobster rolls this year! That drive to V Beach was nice but very long and it was way too hot!

I asked a ? on the other board but no one answered or maybe no one knew the answer, but I'll try again. Does anyone know if players that are in camp down at Bradenton can come back up and play with their Maple team for state cups or regionals? I specifically wanted to see Shaemon Williams back with Bolts for another run at Casa Mia Bays. If anyone knows the answer it would be much appreciated.

Blue Devil
05-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Another good post from the old board from revsareus

State Cup is alot like MCAS testing At first glance you see the score and go OH WOW then as you dig deeper you may find the story lurking beneath

First off FCGB is not the be all end all of clubs, but are they dominant yes , primarially on the boys (that second u17 girls team is coached by one of FCGBs better upper age group coaches, seeing them make it did not suprise me)

Is MPS an up and coming club, YES! It is up and coming as a dominant club along with a few others like Western United, Aztecs and FC Stars

While who made it to RR carries weight you also need to look at the system to get there. Since on any given day a team can step it up or crash to the ground.

So take a look into who made deep runs in the playdowns, look to the scores was it a dominant defense or a super scoring team. Some hidden jewels are in there. And all results do not tell the story of a game.

Look to see if the coaches are the same for some of those winning teams because that says more about a coach than a team per say, Some coaches consistently go to states, regionals and nationals, some are one shot wonders. In many cases the alignment of the right coaching with the right players can produce spectacular results.

Where a coach that keeps their core group (more than 50%) from year to year while always coming out on top would tell me that that coach is a solid coach producing solid players as opposed to a coach who recruits new talent each year but never takes the time to develop what they already have.

A Win/Loss Record can only tell you so much. Look into all the various leagues in which some of these teams play, tournament results this will also give you a broader picture of a Clubs success or failure.

So take a look at those playdown & RR grids BTDT and everyone else.
No matter where you sit on this debate the results will suprise you. They suprised me as to what teams were there consistently and which ones were not.

Teams in RR - boys and girls 13-17
(4 boys results outstanding)

FCGB 9
Western United 8
MPS 7
Aztecs 5
Scorpions 5
FC Stars 4
Pioneers 4
Most of the rest have 1-3 between the 2 sides

While we could all draw each other out and have a nasty teeth gnashing debate about FCGB v MPS, What does it solve? Nothing since not every coach or club is right for every kid. Both are competitive and have strong similarities, but they also have big differences too.

"follow the coaching"...since not all clubs are for all kids, and after all it's really about them and their development as a player in this beautiful game.

Isn't it?

Susy Soccer
05-23-2007, 05:44 AM
FYI-Stars has 7 teams in the round robin. The club fields teams through U16 (at the moment) and they missed only in BU13.

I briefly checked the other numbers and they looked correct.

sccrdad
05-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Puma beat BH 4-1 but used an ineligible player causing the forfeit

Susy Soccer
05-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Okay so if you count that it puts Puma at 4 and Blackhawks at 1 into the round robin.

I only corrected the Stars number because it was way off - not even in the ballpark.

Really what it is all about is coaching - credentials, training, characteristics and that little extra something that makes some coaches great and others merely good. To some extent the quality of a clubs' coaches can be determined by round robin appearances - especially at the older ages. Bolts must have a pretty deep stable of good coaches since they were able to get two teams into the round robin at a given age group.

That seems to me to be the toughest job of any club - attracting and keeping well-qualified, highly motivated coaches. I think that is what makes or breaks a club in the end.

05-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Puma beat BH 4-1 but used an ineligible player causing the forfeit

For the record... The score was 4-2.

05-26-2007, 02:34 PM
bigmike wrote:

I agree you. This Stars team could be the strongest team ever to come from Mass. It's a very well balanced team which is unlike the typical Scorpions team which always seems to depend on a few key players. The Stars have some real depth and work well as a team.

Agreed-the U14G Stars team is excellent and could be scary good in the future.
.................................................. ...................................
Although I am reluctant to give big kudos to teams that are still this "young" I have to admit agree with you. I have now seen this GU14 Stars team play twice this year and they are VERY good. Over the last 12 months they took an already excellent team and made it better with solid defensive and offensive additions . As 14s they really are scary good.

Susy Soccer
05-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Not to rain on anyone's parade BUT I'm pretty sure that Scorpions 14s were just at or near the all time top ten named by several posters just a couple of months ago while Stars was many steps below (if they even made the list). It's way too soon to tell for this Stars team and they need to focus on their development, not on their press (supplied by people named Guest ;) no less). This they are doing and we'll see what happens at States and regionals.

butkusfan
05-29-2007, 08:52 AM
It looks like we can now predict the most unfortunate result for this weekend's RR, that being rain in the forecast. Hopefully the expected back-door cold front will move east sooner than expected, but if not we can anticipate lots of trouble as has happened something like 3 of the last 4 years out at U Mass. Last year being the worst and forcing all sorts of cancellations and re-scheduling nightmares. Next year's move to Lancaster should make things better, but with 11 of 16 fields at the new facility being natural grass (albeit well designed and constructed fields as opposed to the modified cow-pasture in Amherst) we can expect a rain event to disrupt things out there as well. I assume MYSA will be very protective of those new fields so playing conditions in foul weather will be better but the desire to cancel may be stronger. Frankly with dozens of turf fields now on-line and many being multiple field facilities (like Lexington and Thayer) I can't understand why MYSA wouldn't be preparing for the worst and lining up turf fields for Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Maybe they are?

MASC
05-29-2007, 10:59 AM
The MASC GU14's are also playing at UMASS/Amherst on Sunday. The following is the NOAA weather forecast:

.SATURDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 70S.
CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. LOWS IN
THE MID 50S. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER
70S. CHANCE OF RAIN 50 PERCENT.
[-o<

05-29-2007, 01:16 PM
does anyone know when the actual games (who you play first, second & third) usually go up on MAyouthsoccer website?

05-29-2007, 01:33 PM
I believe the games are played in a reverse order by seeding so if you are in the 1, 3, 6, 8 group the games will be 1/8, 3/6 - 1/6, 3/8 and finally 1/3, 6/8. If in the 2, 4, 5, 7 group it goes 2/7, 4/5 - 2/5, 4/7 and finally 2/4 and 5/7. All 8 teams play in the same time block so if you look and see when your first, second and third games are scheduled you can figure out when you play and who just not exactly where. I think that gets released on Wed.

05-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I believe the games are played in a reverse order by seeding so if you are in the 1, 3, 6, 8 group the games will be 1/8, 3/6 - 1/6, 3/8 and finally 1/3, 6/8. If in the 2, 4, 5, 7 group it goes 2/7, 4/5 - 2/5, 4/7 and finally 2/4 and 5/7. All 8 teams play in the same time block so if you look and see when your first, second and third games are scheduled you can figure out when you play and who just not exactly where. I think that gets released on Wed.

Actual schedules and field assignments will be posted on Wednesday.

overthetop
05-30-2007, 03:01 AM
It looks like we can now predict the most unfortunate result for this weekend's RR, that being rain in the forecast. Hopefully the expected back-door cold front will move east sooner than expected, but if not we can anticipate lots of trouble as has happened something like 3 of the last 4 years out at U Mass. Last year being the worst and forcing all sorts of cancellations and re-scheduling nightmares. Next year's move to Lancaster should make things better, but with 11 of 16 fields at the new facility being natural grass (albeit well designed and constructed fields as opposed to the modified cow-pasture in Amherst) we can expect a rain event to disrupt things out there as well. I assume MYSA will be very protective of those new fields so playing conditions in foul weather will be better but the desire to cancel may be stronger. Frankly with dozens of turf fields now on-line and many being multiple field facilities (like Lexington and Thayer) I can't understand why MYSA wouldn't be preparing for the worst and lining up turf fields for Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Maybe they are? Don't count on it! If it rains it will be the usual fire drill.

sccrdad
05-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Not to rain on anyone's parade BUT I'm pretty sure that Scorpions 14s were just at or near the all time top ten named by several posters just a couple of months ago while Stars was many steps below (if they even made the list). It's way too soon to tell for this Stars team and they need to focus on their development, not on their press (supplied by people named Guest ;) no less). This they are doing and we'll see what happens at States and regionals.

This Stars team is for real. Their results in top national tournaments over the last 2 years plus the mess they made of the Region one are proof.

05-30-2007, 10:24 AM

This Stars team is for real. Their results in top national tournaments over the last 2 years plus the mess they made of the Region one are proof.

Dad, SS needs no convincing. The team was good last fall. They got scary good when SS's daughter joined the team.

Red99
05-30-2007, 04:51 PM
forget the game predictions, let's bet on the weather! Looks like morning games might be in better shape (PM thunderstorms), but of course Springfield might as well be NY so it could be a completely different day out there.

05-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Mathman... will you be able to post some updated ratings before the State Cup RR this weekend?

TheStatsGuy
05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Just a quick FYI. The route 9 exit off of 91 to Umass is under construction (when isn't it really ;-) ) so use the mass pike exit 8 and come in the back way. That is unless you have the first game of each morning and need to be at fields by like 7. Then it shouldn't be too bad.

I know pretty much all people/teams east of Palmer would do this anyways but i know some teams with hotels off 91 so this may cause problems depending on when your coming/going. Therefore it may be wise to use route 116 if coming/going to Umass from parts of 91 if coming from hotels to avoid what will/always is a mess.

05-30-2007, 10:04 PM

Really?

05-31-2007, 06:51 AM

Really?

They were posted late last night.

Susy Soccer
05-31-2007, 06:54 AM
I just found it. If the old schedule appears, you need to refresh after you get to the round robin tentative schedule page here -

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/download/6 ... hedule.pdf (http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/download/624_2007_cup_round_robin_schedule.pdf)

Refreshing any earlier doesn't bring it up.

05-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Is there a field map/directory posted somewhere?

Susy Soccer
05-31-2007, 08:45 AM
There is a field map printed in the State Cup section of the Mass Youth Soccer news which was mailed out to homes late last week. Page SC7

By the way - the News also has the semi and finals schedules and field assignments. Page SC 3

mathman
05-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Mathman... will you be able to post some updated ratings before the State Cup RR this weekend?

Here are the approximate ratings for the teams in the round robin (they are approximate, because I actually don’t run teams through the Memorial Day tournaments until all of them have completed League play, and for most of the teams, that hasn’t happened yet).

Please keep in mind that teams whose ratings differ by 75 points or less are statistically equal in strength.

If teams differ in rating by 120 points, the lower-rated team would be expected to beat the higher-rated one 1 in 3 times;

if by 200 points, 1 in 4 times, and

if by 400 points, 1 in 10 times.

I have not included results from the Cape Cod Challenge since they haven’t (as of Wed) posted any scores. I have included the posted results from Delco, Needham, and Oakwood.

I have edited this post to put the increase (+) or decrease (-) in rating of the team since August 1, 2006.

GU14

Red

South Coast 1149 (-101)
Greater Boston 995 (+247)
NE Eagles 718 (+130)
Aztecs 734 (+211)

Black

Stars 1314 (+121)
MPS 709 (+37)
Hamlets 774 (-62)
Noreaster 607 (-67)

GU13

Red

Stars 918 (+94)
Pioneers 751 (-45)
Western United 680 (+1)
Nova 580 (+99)

Black

South Coast 1064 (+100)
Hamlets 832 (-20)
MPS 678 (unrated at U12)
Blackhawks 812 (+253)

05-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Here is my synopsis as moved from that other old forum which shall remain nameless:

U13 G
Probably the most balanced division with the Scorps, Stars and Hamlets the favorites. Stars probably have more big game experience from tournament play (a bit of a silly statement for U-13s... ) but the Scorpions have played the best this spring. This is probably the best Renegades team of the entries in the younger ages and so they are the darkhorse.

U14G
Still sets up as a two team race with the Scorpions and Stars the favorites but the Bolts have had a great spring and are hungry to proove that they belong with the other two. Ultimately I think it is just too much to ask of the other teams to have to beat these three strong teams to win it all - especially if it is means playing the Stars/Scorpions back to back in the semis and finals. MPS Renegades had a good tourney last year but probably aren't ready to play with the big dogs.

U15G
The brackets are yet undecided with the two top MAPLE D1 teams having still not secured their spots in the RR (NOVA and Pioneers) but the Stars remain the real quality in this group despite their struggles in the R1 Director's League. Look for the NOT MPS Crusaders to emerge from the other group to challenge. No real MPS threat at this age.

U16G
Select and Aztecs are great teams who have played well in this tournament in the past and Pioneers had a great spring in the sub-regional but this remains the Stars tournament to lose. They may be the best girls team in the state regardless of age group (and I do mean head up and not comparitively). MPS Crusaders neeed to beat a solid NOVA to get in but since as always there would be little knowledge about an MPS entry heading into the RR it would make them dangerous to opponents.

U17G
Bolts remain clear favorites despite their inability to really separate from the Scorpions or CRU this spring. It is always hard to pick against a team that has found ways to win so many big games... so I wont, but this may be the group with an upset special... look for an improved MPS Crusaders team maybe be that entry.

------------------------
A very thoughtful synopsis of the girls side. Would you be willing to update this now that the brackets are complete and given any info from Memorial Day tournaments?

How about the boys side?

05-31-2007, 02:07 PM

Here are the approximate ratings for the teams in the round robin (they are approximate, because I actually don’t run teams through the Memorial Day tournaments until all of them have completed League play, and for most of the teams, that hasn’t happened yet).

Please keep in mind that teams whose ratings differ by 75 points or less are statistically equal in strength.

If teams differ in rating by 120 points, the lower-rated team would be expected to beat the higher-rated one 1 in 3 times;

I have not included results from the Cape Cod Challenge since they haven’t (as of Wed) posted any scores. I have included the posted results from Delco, Needham, and Oakwood.

GU14

Red

South Coast 1149
Greater Boston 995
NE Eagles 718
Aztecs 734

Black

Stars 1314
MPS 709
Hamlets 774
Noreaster 607

GU13

Red

Stars 918
Pioneers 751
Western United 680
Nova 580

Black

South Coast 1064
Hamlets 832
MPS 678
Blackhawks 812

-------------------

Thanks very much for posting these. Would you be able to post the ratings for each team at the beginning of the season (or beginning of the fall)? It might be interesting to see how much each team has improved/developed over the season. Which are the up and coming teams, which are in decline and which are ones that are steady performers?

05-31-2007, 02:51 PM
most recent weather calls for afternoon t-storms on saturday and more t-storms and rain likely for Sunday. MYSA will blow the horn with any lightning in the area and that will stop the games flat and can result in games being re-played from the start. since most of the later games are for older ages I wonder if MYSA will move everything around for Sunday's scedule if lightning comes in later Saturday?

sccrdad
05-31-2007, 04:06 PM

GU14

Red

South Coast 1149
Greater Boston 995
NE Eagles 718
Aztecs 734

Black

Stars 1314
MPS 709
Hamlets 774
Noreaster 607

GU13

Red

Stars 918
Pioneers 751
Western United 680
Nova 580

Black

South Coast 1064
Hamlets 832
MPS 678
Blackhawks 812

-------------------

Thanks very much for posting these. Would you be able to post the ratings for each team at the beginning of the season (or beginning of the fall)? It might be interesting to see how much each team has improved/developed over the season. Which are the up and coming teams, which are in decline and which are ones that are steady performers?

Agreed. MM does a super job with his rankings. Thanks for the info

mathman
05-31-2007, 04:46 PM

I have edited the post to give the change in rating.

butkusfan
05-31-2007, 05:12 PM
weather and field issues aside, the best games are usually on Sunday when 1 plays 3 and 2 plays 4. This year should be no different and on the girls side some good games to watch this Sunday would be G-13: Scorps vs Hamlets at 12:45, G-14: Scorps vs Greater Boston also at 12:45, U15: Stars vs Scorpions at 3:30 and if you want to stick around late the two best games are at 5:15 with Pioneers taking on Aztecs in G 16 action and Greater Boston v. CRU in a U17 rematch of a 1-1 tie in April.

06-01-2007, 09:40 AM
I just found it. If the old schedule appears, you need to refresh after you get to the round robin tentative schedule page here -

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/download/6 ... hedule.pdf (http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/download/624_2007_cup_round_robin_schedule.pdf)

Refreshing any earlier doesn't bring it up.

-------------------------------------
The schedule has been revised.

butkusfan
06-04-2007, 07:25 AM
With the RR complete for the U-13 to U-17 groups we can begin to look at the semis. No real surprises in the RR on the girls side. All of the favorites made it through and most did it with little to no difficulty. The Bolts big win over CRU and the much commented on struggles of the MPS teams would be minor surprises but neither impacted the big picture as CRU still made it into the semis and I don't think anyone really expected any more than one of the MPS teams to advance (BTW, please don't shoot the messanger - I come in peace).

One thing that you cannot do is place too much importance on RR performances because the situation last weekend in Amherst will be so much different than what you can expect in two weeks out in Lancaster. The conditions in Amherst with smallish fields, deep grass and slow conditions - because of the heat and then rain - keep games close and allow for some teams to hang around in games a lot longer than they might on a big, fast and dry turf field. The two teams whose stock rised the most in the RR would have to be the U-15 Stars and U-17 Bolts, both teams showed that they firmly remain the teams to beat in those divisions. You also saw the continued dominace of the Scorpions and Stars with all of their entries advancing and only one loss between them - and that was in the U-13 game in which they faced each other. Barring injuries the favorites remain favorites and nothing at U Mass would lead me to believe that any huge upsets are in the future.

Susy Soccer
06-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Here are the total teams in the State Cup semis for each club, U13 through U17. Bolts is the big winner with 7 total teams and Western follows in a close second with 6. Both these clubs dominate the boys' side with Stars and Scorpions dominating the girls' side.

Bolts - 5 Boys, 2 Girls
Western - 4 Boys, 2 Girls
Stars - 1 Boys, 4 Girls
Scorpions - 4 Girls
Inter - 2 Boys
Pioneers -2 Girls
Puma - 2 Boys
Aztecs - 1 Girls
Blackhawks - 1 Girls
Blast - 1 Boys
Fuller - 1 Girls
CRU - 1 Girls
Crusaders (not MPS) - 1 Girls
Eagles - 1 Boys
Expos - 1 Boys
Juventus - 1 Boys
Nor'easter - 1 Boys
SSSelect - 1 Girls
SSU Blazers - 1 Boys

I did this pretty quickly so feel free to correct.

06-04-2007, 08:28 AM

U13 G

U14G

U15G

U16G

U17G

Do you read palms too? Pretty good picks! My big surprise was seeing FH last in U13. I also thought Stars U16 would do better than tie SSSelect.

06-04-2007, 08:42 AM

U13 G

U14G

U15G

U16G

U17G

Butkus, any predictions the rest of the way? I see the tourney as follows:
GU13.. SC over Stars
GU14.. Stars close over SC
GU15..Stars win close
GU16..Stars win over SSSelect very close

06-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Doubt the G14 game will be that close. The Stars look very, very impressive and can pretty much score at will.

butkusfan
06-04-2007, 10:15 AM

U13 G

U14G

U15G

U16G

U17G

Butkus, any predictions the rest of the way? I see the tourney as follows:
GU13.. SC over Stars
GU14.. Stars close over SC
GU15..Stars win close
GU16..Stars win over SSSelect very close

It really isn't worth trying to pin down individual games at this point because injuries and weather can be such an important factor in the ultimate results. If any favorite loses a couple players over the next two weeks and the games are played on 100 degree turf they will likely struggle. Again, nothing that happened in Amherst should make anyone believe that teams with a history of great performances in the Semis and finals - like the U-17 Bolts or U-16 Stars - aren't poised to do the same again this year. Still think that the 15 age group has one dominant team (Stars) and 3 very good teams that will need some luck to take them down. The U14 division should also be a lot of fun to watch. The Stars and Scorpions are probably still the two best teams in Region I and I imagine that if they square off in the finals there will be plenty of interest in that game but the Bolts are also a very good team that is focused on an upset. 13 group is the most balanced and since no team has the type of pedgree enjoyed by their older sisters it really could be anyone.

OffsideTrap
06-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Doubt the G14 game will be that close. The Stars look very, very impressive and can pretty much score at will.

I wouldn't count the GU14 Scorps out just yet.... they are still the defending State and Region champs until someone else takes the title away from them. Also, Stars GU14s still need to get by a much-improved Bolts team to even reach the final. I also understand that a large number of the Stars and Scorpions players (92's and 93's) will be playing at Ryder Cup (ODP) this weekend. I'm sure they will represent Massachusetts well and let's hope everyone makes it back healthy!

06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
The Stars SC U15 was pretty close for an hour. SC even should have led at h/t. Couk\ld be a great final if both get thru.

06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
The Stars SC U15 was pretty close for an hour. SC even should have led at h/t. Couk\ld be a great final if both get thru.

06-06-2007, 08:16 AM

I have edited this post to put the increase (+) or decrease (-) in rating of the team since August 1, 2006.

GU14

Red

South Coast 1149 (-101)
Greater Boston 995 (+247)
NE Eagles 718 (+130)
Aztecs 734 (+211)

Black

Stars 1314 (+121)
MPS 709 (+37)
Hamlets 774 (-62)
Noreaster 607 (-67)

GU13

Red

Stars 918 (+94)
Pioneers 751 (-45)
Western United 680 (+1)
Nova 580 (+99)

Black

South Coast 1064 (+100)
Hamlets 832 (-20)
MPS 678 (unrated at U12)
Blackhawks 812 (+253)

Looking back on the State Cup RR results, the Mathman ratings appear to have been quite accurate. Using his ratings as a benchmark, it doesn't look like there were any great surprises in these two age groups. The teams performed pretty much as predicted.

mathman
06-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Looking back on the State Cup RR results, the Mathman ratings appear to have been quite accurate. Using his ratings as a benchmark, it doesn't look like there were any great surprises in these two age groups. The teams performed pretty much as predicted.

There were only 24 games in the two age groups, so it is a small statistical sample, but here are the results:

When two teams played and had ratings differences of 75 points or more:

higher rated
won 17/20
tied 3/20
lost 0/20

When the ratings difference was less than 75 points:

higher rated
won 0/4
tied 1/4
lost 3/4

Overall, the higher rated team

won 70%
tied 17%
lost 13%

These results are typical of results of the algorithm in tournaments where the teams have pretty much played each other, except that I would have expected at least one loss by a team rated 75 points higher. But that's to be expected in such a small statistical sample. And there's still the semifinals and finals...

06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Quite impressive.... you should really have a website. Your system looks to be veryuseful and superior to NSR and Gotsoccer.

BTW, do you know how your system differs from USA Rank's method?

mathman
06-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Quite impressive.... you should really have a website. Your system looks to be veryuseful and superior to NSR and Gotsoccer.

BTW, do you know how your system differs from USA Rank's method?

Not really. Except, of course, that I do ratings, not rankings. Naturally, once you assign a number to things, you can rank them. I'm guessing that they actually rate, then rank, but they just give the rankings.

I do think my ratings are more comprehensive. They say on their website that they have "over 50,000 games in [their] database." Assuming that they would have said that they had 55,000 if they in fact did, I would just point out that their ratings are based on 50,000 games over 16 age groups. I have about 53,000 rated games at GU14.

They do list a couple of oddities. For instance, they have Gillette Edge, from Wyoming, ranked #8 in the country at GU14. I have them rated 219, which is probably around #2000 in the country. They have Magic City, from Montana, ranked #22. I have them rated at 393.

Conversely, they have CRSC Infinity, from SoCal, ranked #364 in the country, while I have them rated at in the top 20 nationally.

A chacun son gout...

06-07-2007, 08:48 PM

My daughter plays for the SC U15. I agree that the game was close and that it's a toss up in a few weeks between the Stars and SC in the state finals. I was also impressed with the U15 MPS Renegades. SC beat them 1 - 0 but the Renegades played tough. I watched the U15 Stars vs. U15 Renegades game too. The Renegades actually lead at one point and played the Stars tough throughout (it was tied 2 - 2 with 5 minutes to go. The Stars had more depth and pulled it out. I was surprised how tough the Renegades played. I wouldn't be surprised to see them again next year. Looks like they are just a few players away from being a contender.

06-08-2007, 07:11 AM

My daughter plays for the SC U15. I agree that the game was close and that it's a toss up in a few weeks between the Stars and SC in the state finals. I was also impressed with the U15 MPS Renegades. SC beat them 1 - 0 but the Renegades played tough. I watched the U15 Stars vs. U15 Renegades game too. The Renegades actually lead at one point and played the Stars tough throughout (it was tied 2 - 2 with 5 minutes to go. The Stars had more depth and pulled it out. I was surprised how tough the Renegades played. I wouldn't be surprised to see them again next year. Looks like they are just a few players away from being a contender.

I saw all of the Stars U15 games (full disclosure, I am a U14 Stars parent). The U15 Stars are still by far the best in the state. Yes, they were a bit flat in the State Tourny but that was most likely due to them playing down to lesser competition than they were used to in Region 1 play. They are still the elite U15 team and will win the State Cup in a week.

06-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Geez, I didn't care one lick about this age group until you wrote that snotty comment, now I'm rooting for anyone but that team!

06-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Geez, I didn't care one lick about this age group until you wrote that snotty comment, now I'm rooting for anyone but that team!

The Stars are certainly justified in their confidence. They create winning teams. On the other hand, I would never want my child, no matter how talented, to play for a coach who publically berates and humiliate his players like the Stars U15 coach. I am surprised that any parent would allow their child to play for such a man/boy. He was out of control in the SC game and it wasn't the first time.

06-08-2007, 07:56 AM
WOW!

Care to comment Susy?

in the know
06-08-2007, 08:03 AM
NOW, NOW CHARACTER ASSASINATION ISN'T REALLY WORTH IT. I live in Springfield and stayed to watch the Stars/Scorps game because someone recommeded it on this forum. I can say with an objective truth, that both coaches coached the game in a very low key manner, they spent alot of time talking to each other and from what I saw let the girls play. It was a good game and scorps should have been up at half time but Stars scored right after halftime and just ground the scorps down with their passing game. So again these posters "under the name guest" just have hidden agenders and in this comment are totally making it up. Please grow up and have objective comments.

06-08-2007, 08:06 AM

The Stars are certainly justified in their confidence. They create winning teams. On the other hand, I would never want my child, no matter how talented, to play for a coach who publically berates and humiliate his players like the Stars U15 coach. I am surprised that any parent would allow their child to play for such a man/boy. He was out of control in the SC game and it wasn't the first time.

He gets results and at this level that's what counts. If the girl don't mind, why should you.

06-08-2007, 08:09 AM

He gets results and at this level that's what counts. If the girl don't mind, why should you.

That's a very fair point. He certainly does get results. If the girls and parents don't mind, it's none of my business.

06-08-2007, 08:20 AM

That's a very fair point. He certainly does get results. If the girls and parents don't mind, it's none of my business.

WOW! This all started with an SC U15 parent making a positive comment about another club (Renegades U15) and somehow it turned into Stars bashing. If you can't keep your comments positive, don't write them!

06-08-2007, 08:22 AM

Actually the coach does have a reputation and it may be of small concern to the club as there have been comments by many parents with young players coming up, "I'd take my daughter to the Stars because they have a good reputation developing players, but I understand THAT coach is coaching the young team, so I'll look elsewhere." Of course those parent's kids probably don't have what it takes to compete. :roll:

06-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Wonder if the coaching style had anything to do with the player(s) moving from the U15 to the U14 team?

Red99
06-08-2007, 08:38 AM
I think you need to distinguish between the first poster that said "I wouldn't want my child to play for a coach like that" vs. the other poster that said "if the girls don't mind...." Then yet another Guest that mushed them together "the girls and parents don't mind." The daughter might not mind but the parents might and maybe the team's results don't justify the means (or however the parents see the methodology as good or bad) -- ie., that isn't what the parents want for their player.

taylor
06-08-2007, 08:50 AM
NOW, NOW CHARACTER ASSASINATION ISN'T REALLY WORTH IT... So again these posters "under the name guest" just have hidden agenders and in this comment are totally making it up. Please grow up and have objective comments.

Hear, hear. Must be the time of year with parents nervous about tryouts and so forth, or maybe because it's so easy to run in here, take a cheap shot (Stars, Scorps, Bolts, MPS all had some recently) and run away. Let's keep this forum from turning into just another tabloid. Who cares if you like a particular coach's style or not? What does that have to do with anything? People can make their own minds up without all the mud-slinging.

butkusfan
06-08-2007, 08:55 AM
The current environment on this site doesn't lend itself to predictions about individual games, so I won't make any. However, the thread regarding past and present opinions on synthetic turf fields does make me wonder if this new venue will have a lot of influence (or at least some) on state cup results.

Personally I think it will, although I tend to believe that playing in Lancaster will most help those teams that would already be considered favorites. These higher seeded teams tend to play a possession oriented style of game that a big turf field will help. In Amherst playing on smallish fields with wet long grass has a tendancy to condence the game. Even at the older ages any pass that was intended for over 10 - 15 yards needed to have some air under it. In Lancaster these same teams will be able to keep 25 - 30 yard point to point passes on the ground. This has the tendancy of spreading the game out. The very best "possession" teams like the U-17 Bolts, U-16 Stars and U-15 Stars have the personnel and ability to exploit the seams that are created by this style of play.

The big fields (especially if it is hot) will also highlight a team's bench. What I have found is that top teams have deeper benches and feel comfortable in placing bench players into key spots. Often it is more about finding which 10 players are "on" for that day - not just getting fatigued starters a rest. This is a big advantage.

All of the older teams should have considerable experience on turf, and they would have found that the conditions aren't much different from grass anyway - traction, roll and bounce may be improved or increased but really aren't much different. Still, there can be no doubt that teams and clubs that practice and play more regularly on turf will have at least a slight familiarity advantge.

The biggest difference will probably be for the 13s. In this case, because they play on turf most often, the Scorpions do have an advantage. However, all of these kids will have played enough on the turf to quickly adjust. It is the size of these fields may be more important factor than the surface because unlike the 14 and above groups, the 13s probably can't automatically adjust their shape to fit the more expansive surface. So the spread factor (although still present) will be far less important than it will be at the upper ages - these better U13 teams will look less for seams and more for plays that bring the ball out of the pack (creating opportunities) or by creating marginal territorial advantages by short passes that actually shift the pack into scoring territory. In any regard I think you can expect more scoring opportunities at all ages than at U Mass.

Jason Dewhurst
06-08-2007, 08:57 AM
I thought I needed to comment on the last few posts that where brought to my attention this morning. These people who do not put their names I feel have hidden agenders

I saw all of the Stars U15 games (full disclosure, I am a U14 Stars parent). The U15 Stars are still by far the best in the state. Yes, they were a bit flat in the State Tourny but that was most likely due to them playing down to lesser competition than they were used to in Region 1 play. They are still the elite U15 team and will win the State Cup in a week.

I cannot beleive the above post was done by one of my u14 parents, I am the head coach of that team and I was at the U15 Stars game at 8am v MPS on Sunday morning and their was not any of the the U14 parents present as they had a 1pm game. I am very sceptical that this was even a Stars parent but if it was i am sorry for their obnoxious post. I will be contacting my U14 parents today. SC U15s and all the teams in the SC club are quality teams. I do not beleive there are any clear favourite in state cup, these are young players and on any given day anyone can win.

The Stars are certainly justified in their confidence. They create winning teams. On the other hand, I would never want my child, no matter how talented, to play for a coach who publically berates and humiliate his players like the Stars U15 coach. I am surprised that any parent would allow their child to play for such a man/boy. He was out of control in the SC game and it wasn't the first time

Again the post above from a Guest who has a hidden agenda, I was on the sidelines of the U15 Stars v SC game and the only berating I heard was Greg and Paul the 2 coaches laughing and joking with eachother.

Actually the coach does have a reputation and it may be of small concern to the club as there have been comments by many parents with young players coming up, "I'd take my daughter to the Stars because they have a good reputation developing players, but I understand THAT coach is coaching the young team, so I'll look elsewhere." Of course those parent's kids probably don't have what it takes to compete.

Not really sure what reputaion you mean, I would love to know who you know in the Stars club that has claimed he maybe of small concern to the club. Is it the DOC (me) coaches or board members? please alaborate as you seem to keyed in. He coaches our current u10 and U11 teams and doing a magnificent job. He is developing them to play the right way.

People making state cup predictions and having their say are fine but when a club (no matter which one) or coach is attacked the the line has to be drawn. Hey I am the first to jump all over my coaches if their behaviour is not becoming to the way the club works and is not representig it the correct way. At the end of the day if a parent is not happy with what they are getting then their are many good options out there.

Just thought I would give my 2 cents. My first and last post of the year
Good luck to all in the State Cup.

Jason Dewhurst
FC Stars of Mass
Coaching Director

sundance
06-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.

To paraphrase that quote - On this forum - The only thing necessary for triumph of evil anonymous hidded agenda posting is for good posters to do nothing. (mostly joking with this statement)

Way to step up - various MPS defenders, Jason Dewhurst, Fed Marks. In the know, great first post Taylor and others who I am too busy to look back at posts and list

keeper
06-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Just a quick comment. I'm not a Parent or connected in anyway to the Stars. But I know the U15 coach from ODP (a few years back). He is a fine coach and I wouldn't have any fear in recommending him to any player.

JustForFun
06-08-2007, 10:58 AM
The plural of Agenda is Agendas! The plural of Pizza is Pizzers? :D :lol: :D :lol:

06-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't blame Jason for his post to defend the reputation of his club. I would like Jason to just make one more post and the answer some of the questions in other topics. Fred still waiting to hear from you.

1. What are your plans for coming back to Maple(U14's this year) next year. Why is it such a secret. There are many kids, parents coaches and clubs in limbo as this effect all teams down to Maple D. So be nice and let us all know. I still can't see why you would want to beat up up on teams all season or do you both think your B teams are ready for 1. Looks like the SCS reasoning, as the coach said they beat up in some small tournament one of the semi finalist this year.

What are your thoughts on Susy Soccer( one of your parents) post trying to defend your U 14's running up the score last weekend at the RR.11-1, 8-0....The comments that if someone scores on us first " Watch Out" or if we have a grudge against a team than she bascally said we have fun running up the score. Bizzare statments.

So Jason, one more posts to answer the above...Thanks....

06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I thought I needed to comment on the last few posts that where brought to my attention this morning. These people who do not put their names I feel have hidden agenders

I cannot beleive the above post was done by one of my u14 parents, I am the head coach of that team and I was at the U15 Stars game at 8am v MPS on Sunday morning and their was not any of the the U14 parents present as they had a 1pm game. I am very sceptical that this was even a Stars parent but if it was i am sorry for their obnoxious post. I will be contacting my U14 parents today. SC U15s and all the teams in the SC club are quality teams. I do not beleive there are any clear favourite in state cup, these are young players and on any given day anyone can win.

The Stars are certainly justified in their confidence. They create winning teams. On the other hand, I would never want my child, no matter how talented, to play for a coach who publically berates and humiliate his players like the Stars U15 coach. I am surprised that any parent would allow their child to play for such a man/boy. He was out of control in the SC game and it wasn't the first time

Again the post above from a Guest who has a hidden agenda, I was on the sidelines of the U15 Stars v SC game and the only berating I heard was Greg and Paul the 2 coaches laughing and joking with eachother.

Actually the coach does have a reputation and it may be of small concern to the club as there have been comments by many parents with young players coming up, "I'd take my daughter to the Stars because they have a good reputation developing players, but I understand THAT coach is coaching the young team, so I'll look elsewhere." Of course those parent's kids probably don't have what it takes to compete.

Not really sure what reputaion you mean, I would love to know who you know in the Stars club that has claimed he maybe of small concern to the club. Is it the DOC (me) coaches or board members? please alaborate as you seem to keyed in. He coaches our current u10 and U11 teams and doing a magnificent job. He is developing them to play the right way.

People making state cup predictions and having their say are fine but when a club (no matter which one) or coach is attacked the the line has to be drawn. Hey I am the first to jump all over my coaches if their behaviour is not becoming to the way the club works and is not representig it the correct way. At the end of the day if a parent is not happy with what they are getting then their are many good options out there.

Just thought I would give my 2 cents. My first and last post of the year
Good luck to all in the State Cup.

Jason Dewhurst
FC Stars of Mass
Coaching Director

I am a Stars U14 parent and apologize for the statement I made. I was upset at the slight made by another post against our U15 Stars team. My post was obnoxious and completely out of line. I will no longer post to this forum.

Blue Devil
06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
wow - impressive performance from the Stars - why not post more? - there is no lifetime ban for obnoxious posts, idiotic posts, stupid posts or boastful posts - if there was there would be very little content on the board

in the know
06-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I agree, with the swift and the direct actions of Jason Dewhurst, the Stars seems like a program thats structured to take care of any issues that may affect the clubs reputation. So again if the coach of the u15's had ever put the club in an unenviable position I think the club would have taken care of it along time ago. I just checked the Stars website and the u15 coach has been with the team for 5 years.

Red99
06-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I am a Stars U14 parent and apologize for the statement I made. I was upset at the slight made by another post against our U15 Stars team. My post was obnoxious and completely out of line. I will no longer post to this forum.

I really do not mean to belabor the point and I would guess everyone appreciates the apology (and certainly I think it's a small minority that might argue that the Stars are anything less than a first class organization), but I don't really see back in the previous posts where the U15 team was "slighted." Just my observation.

06-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Please return your Stars shirts .

06-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Please return your Stars shirts .

Don't forget those nice hats too.