X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuller Hamlets name DOC

Posted on the website:

Jamaican National Coach Bradley Stewart named DOC of the Fuller Hamlets soccer club.

Well that should be an interesting culture shock for all involved.

Comment

any more info on this guy?

Comment

Using Google works well... type this into your world wide web browser bar: www.google.com, then you hit "enter". Lazy punk.

-Earlier in the fall this guy was an Assistant on the Jamaican Men's National Team, nicknamed the Reggae Boyz.

-Coach Stewart coached his Rivoli United team on Tuesday night (3/17) in the Jamaican Premier League 0-1 loss to Harbour View.

---This seems like a quick job change for a guy of his age... and to Fuller Hamlets in Sutton, MA!!?!?!?! I don't get it.

--I give him two weeks. Does he know its only about 40 degrees everyday and there's no leaves on the trees yet? I'd be staying in Jamaica to retire, sip my Red Stripes and watch the sunset over the Carribean.

Comment

A quick google search of "Bradley Stewart Jamaican National team" turns up a lot of info. Head or assistant coach of Jamaican women’s national team, men’s national team, Jamaican professional teams. Also a Coerver certified trainer that coaches at Coerver USA summer camps.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Using Google works well... type this into your world wide web browser bar: www.google.com, then you hit "enter". Lazy punk.

-Earlier in the fall this guy was an Assistant on the Jamaican Men's National Team, nicknamed the Reggae Boyz.

-Coach Stewart coached his Rivoli United team on Tuesday night (3/17) in the Jamaican Premier League 0-1 loss to Harbour View.

---This seems like a quick job change for a guy of his age... and to Fuller Hamlets in Sutton, MA!!?!?!?! I don't get it.

--I give him two weeks. Does he know its only about 40 degrees everyday and there's no leaves on the trees yet? I'd be staying in Jamaica to retire, sip my Red Stripes and watch the sunset over the Carribean.
            He coaches at summer camps in USA. My daughter went to Hamlets premier camp run by him (not Martyn) maybe 8 years ago. So he knows the Hamlets.

Comment

He is only interm DOC for 6 six months then back to Jamica.

Comment

It's been known Hamlets are looking for a DOC. The old man is getting on in years and likely wants to step back from day to day club management.

Whoever said it's interm must have some inside info. Is he there just to help with transition to a longer term DOC?

Comment

Originally posted by gilmour belle View Post
                  It's been known Hamlets are looking for a DOC. The old man is getting on in years and likely wants to step back from day to day club management.

Whoever said it's interm must have some inside info. Is he there just to help with transition to a longer term DOC?
                  Brilliant observation!

Comment

Needs the money? Helping a friend?

Comment

Wow, that's high qualifications for sleepy central MA. What gives there?

Wonder if this Bradley Stewart will work with club coaches and training or will he coach some teams too?

Comment

He will be training each team several times throughout the spring.

Comment

He will be training each team several times throughout the spring.

Will probably be coaching the U-18 girls since Ceb Cox resigned from Holy Cross I assume she will not be coaching this team anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Guest 5321 View Post
                            Will probably be coaching the U-18 girls since Ceb Cox resigned from Holy Cross I assume she will not be coaching this team anymore

What about prior verbal commitments. HC offers soccer scholarships now.
                            __________________________________________________ _______________________

Head Women's Soccer Coach Deb Cox Announces Resignation

Cox had led the Crusaders since 2004.

March 19, 2009

WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross head women's soccer coach Deb Cox has announced her resignation, effective March 20. Cox has served as the Crusaders' head coach since 2004, leading the team to an overall record of 18-70-3 and an 8-25-1 mark in the Patriot League. She had 48 players selected to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll during her five seasons at Holy Cross. Cox's career record stands at 49-90-10, including three seasons as the head coach at West Chester University.

"I have truly enjoyed working at Holy Cross," said Cox. "It is sad to say goodbye on many levels. This is home to me in so many ways. Not only did I grow up nearby, but my dad and brother went to school here. This school has been very much a part of my life since I was little. On top of all that, I can't wait for the world to see how the women's soccer team explodes on to the scene next year. I know that they are right at that jumping off point. They know it too! This is definitely a difficult situation to walk away from. I was never making plans to leave Holy Cross. It isn't a place that I would have left for any reason other than to be with my husband. It has been five wonderful years working with these teams, the staff and administrators, and for that I am very grateful. I am walking away with such a good feeling that this team is going to be more than ok and I know the team feels that too. That is very important to me."

Cox is married to former Holy Cross assistant football coach Johnny Cox, who is now an assistant coach with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"Deb is a quality person who fit in very well at Holy Cross," said Holy Cross athletic director Richard M. Regan, Jr. "She was a pleasure to work with at all times and we will miss her."

Holy Cross will immediately commence a national search for Cox's replacement.

Comment

"Deb is a quality person who fit in very well at Holy Cross," said Holy Cross athletic director Richard M. Regan, Jr. "She was a pleasure to work with at all times and we will miss her."
                              Yes, quality person and good trainer. My girls liked her and the HC camps very much.

Doesn't seem like her teams won much though. Not at HC or Fuller.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X