Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U11 Proposal to 8v8 Vote?

Does anyone know if this passed last night at the MAPLE league meeting?

I was not there but our club rep told us it passed with only 2 decenting votes. There was also talk of watchign it to see how it goes with the idea of extending it to U12 in the future.

Comment

I would love to know who the two knuckleheads were that voted against this idea. My guess is they probably post on this site regularly and have some ridiculous rationale for why it is a bad idea. I would also be a huge supporter of this move going up to u12 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I would love to know who the two knuckleheads were that voted against this idea. My guess is they probably post on this site regularly and have some ridiculous rationale for why it is a bad idea. I would also be a huge supporter of this move going up to u12 as well.
        Were you at the meeting? Just because someone disagrees with the majority (or your view on an issue) you call them names. Wow! So much for democracy. Look in the mirror and you will see a true knucklehead.

Comment

actually i was not at the meeting but do coach a high level teamat a high level club. i am all for the democratic society. i just wonder what logical rationale any person could use for voting against this proposal. it only makes sense if the goal is player development at this age. if your goal is to develop players, which i would hope is every clubs goal, then this is a no brainer of a vote.

Comment

actually i was not at the meeting but do coach a high level teamat a high level club. i am all for the democratic society. i just wonder what logical rationale any person could use for voting against this proposal. it only makes sense if the goal is player development at this age. if your goal is to develop players, which i would hope is every clubs goal, then this is a no brainer of a vote.
            Whether you agree or disagree on an issue, there is no need for name calling Mr. high level, high brow coach. They are entitled to an opinion.

Comment

This will be a tremendous decision if this is the case. When do you expect this will be confirmed??

Comment

This will be a tremendous decision if this is the case. When do you expect this will be confirmed??
                Wow! "a tremendous decision"! How could you go on living if it didn’t pass?

Comment

wasn't that long ago that people who were pushing for 8 v8 at U11 were being branded as lunatics. some people are just ahead og their time I guess.

Comment

I thought there would be more resistance to this proposal. Not for player development reasons, but for team continuity reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by gilmour belle View Post
                      I thought there would be more resistance to this proposal. Not for player development reasons, but for team continuity reasons.
                      What do you mean by "team continuity"?

Comment

So they don't have to cut kids.

Comment

When does it start?
                          Next fall possible

Comment

So they don't have to cut kids.
                            Why would they have to cut.

Comment

Smaller roster limits - plus their would be a lot of kids sitting on the sidelines otherwise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X