Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Portland-UP Connection

This is good thing for FC-Portland girls. I noticed the people that post I believe have daughters around G13-15. A good thing for our state too.

Congrats

F.C. Portland Academy
    Sapphire girls sign letters of intent with the University of Portland (3/3)

F.C. Portland Sapphire girls sign letters of intent with the University of Portland

The Oregonian
    Three members of the FC Portland system, including a two-time Oregonian player of the year, are among the University of Portland's five-player women's soccer recruiting class, coach Garrett Smith said Wednesday in a university-issued release.

Kendall Johnson of Lincoln, Taylor Brooke of West Linn and Elinor Priest of St. Mary's Academy are in-state signees, and the Pilots also have received letters of intent from Cloee Colohan of West Point, Utah, and Molly Klier of Folsom, Calif

It should be noted that, of the three FC Portland girls, only one of them spent a significant amount of her youth development with FC Portland.

Taylor Brooke is a product of Southside Soccer Club, and made the switch to FC Portland at U17 when the Strikerz disbanded. She had given her verbal to commitment to UP before she had even played one league game with FC Portland.

Elinor Priest started off at the Lake Oswego Soccer Club, spent a year at PCU (I think) and then landed on the FC Portland "B" team late in the U16 calendar year.

Kendall Johnson has been with FC Portland the longest out of the three.

It's too bad FC Portland did not acknowledge the rest of the players on the Sapphire team who signed Letters of Intent elsewhere, like Scout Libke and Annah Kennedy, who will be going to the University of Oregon, and Carlie and Megan Martin and Lainey Hulzer who will be going to Portland State. Or Courtney Verloo, the best player in the state, who will be attending to Stanford, which beat Portland in the NCAA Quarterfinals a few months back. These, in addition to the other kids who are playing colleges like Santa Clara, St. Mary's, Boise State, Seattle Pacific and Utah State, among others.

Comment

Everyone has their own agenda. Maybe the original poster is trying to pump up FC Portland? Who knows. I just moved on to the next thread, hahahaha.

Comment

FC Alumni

Originally posted by Real Nice View Post
        ... It's too bad FC Portland did not acknowledge the rest of the players on the Sapphire team who signed Letters of Intent elsewhere...
        http://www.fcportland.org/fc_alumni.html

Comment

Heh. I agree, Shu. Unregistered, I know they post general lists of where student-athletes will be going to school (most club websites do), and clearly I know where a lot of the other players are going school already, but why put out a special press release for 3 of the kids just because they are going to Portland? Verloo is going to Stanford, who was ranked higher and beat Portland in the playoffs this year. Beaudoin is going to Santa Clara which, though they had an off year with an onslaught of unfortunate injuries in 2008, isn't exactly chump change either. It's kind of disingenuous to put out a release like that and not acknowledge the other kids on the roster for their achievements as well. I have no ax to grind with anyone, I just think it's interesting PR they are trying to generate.

Comment

Well, there are probably a lot of girls in the Beaverton/Portland area who would love to play college soccer at the U of P. Maybe FC Portland wants to make it look like they've got some pull with U of P?

I dunno, just my thinking. Maybe I'm way off base. Maybe they ran a press release down in Standford land or Santa Clara land for the other girls? hahahahahaha

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X