Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Camps

Anyone know anything about the Puma Peak Performance camp for girls at Deerfield Academy?

or the boys

Comment

We received a letter and pamphlet, along with e-mail promoting this camp as well. It appears this is the first year running this camp (at least for the girls). They must have used GotSoccer or other club master list to market and promote the camp. It looks as though some good D1 schools should be represented (Harvard,Lafayette,Northwestern,Providence,Villano va..) Very good schools academically as well. I'm a little skeptical being that it is the first year, but that's just me. I would say if your kid is interested in any of those schools, it might be a good opportunity for the right kid. At this rate the kids may not be out of school by June 28th!

Comment

for the boys it looks like a pretty good camp

staff consists of: amhearst, lafayette, duke, bc, smu, northwestern, georgetown, princeton, boston u, yale, rutgers, st. joes, and a few others

and this is from their website:
        "In its inaugural summer, the high-level training ground of the Puma PPA brought together some of the best and most competitive talent of youth high school soccer in the nation. We are pleased to announce that some of our Puma PPA Alums will be playing at the following colleges/universities this upcoming fall:

Stanford University
        Virginia Tech University
        Brown University
        Dartmouth College
        University of Pennsylvania
        Cornell University
        Colgate University
        University of Pittsburgh
        Lafayette College
        Amherst College
        Temple University
        Davidson College
        American University
        Marist College
        Iona College
        Tufts University
        Wheaton College - MA
        UC - San Diego
        Cal Poly
        Drew University
        Dickinson College
        Stevens Tech
        Brandeis University
        Clark University
        Hamilton College
        Vassar College
        Kenyon College"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          We received a letter and pamphlet, along with e-mail promoting this camp as well. It appears this is the first year running this camp (at least for the girls). They must have used GotSoccer or other club master list to market and promote the camp. It looks as though some good D1 schools should be represented (Harvard,Lafayette,Northwestern,Providence,Villano va..) Very good schools academically as well. I'm a little skeptical being that it is the first year, but that's just me. I would say if your kid is interested in any of those schools, it might be a good opportunity for the right kid. At this rate the kids may not be out of school by June 28th!
          At the girls camp, the staff are all assistant coaches and one might look at this as a way for asst coaches to pick up some $$$ in the summer. On the other hand, one could argue that the assistant coaches do most of the recruiting so it MIGHT be a good opportunity if you're interested in one of these schools.

Thoughts?

Comment

Are you sending your kids to camp so that they may improve as a player or to be recruited? If you're doing for any reason other than to make them better players, save your money.

Comment

Most of the colleges market their camps pretty heavily to potential recruits. Are any of these serious sources of recruiting?

Comment

Yes. It never hurts to impress a coach, or assistant over the course of an entire camp.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X