Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jensen Beach Boys Soccer appealing loss

Did you hear that the game between Jensen Beach and Key West went into overtime and that the refs were terrible. I guess the Jensen Beach coach is going to appeal as there were 2 players from Key West that had double yellow cards playing at the end of the game. Sounds like the typical Miami Dade refs that call everything in favor of the south Florida teams.

Dont campare

Do not confuse Miami with Key West! They are 4 hours apart. Are Miami refs the same as Orlando refs, because its about the same distance...

Comment

Refs are refs. Most of them have day jobs. Some of them are in serious debt. Some have lost loved ones recently. Some love this game. A few of them have played this game at a decent level. And all of them are human.

Comment

I understand refs are refs but to have TWO players still playing in the game that should be out because of a double yellow infraction. Obviously your not from Jensen Beach, you need to read the story as there were several yellows issued including the Coach from Key West. I will see if I can find it an post it.

Comment

I support the Jensen Beach coach. A double yellow takes the player out of the game and is replaced by another player BUT those players should no longer be eligible to play. How did the refs let that get by them? I'd like to see the game report

Comment

Did you get the same idiots that did the West Boca Martin County District finals a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
              I support the Jensen Beach coach. A double yellow takes the player out of the game and is replaced by another player BUT those players should no longer be eligible to play. How did the refs let that get by them? I'd like to see the game report
              You can replace a player who gets double yellow cards in high school soccer? They don't have to play down a man?
              Jeez, high school soccer is screwed up.

Comment

Here is the story from the Newspaper:

JB boys soccer planning to appeal
                By Ben Volin | Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 03:24 PM
                Just got off the phone with Jensen Beach boys soccer coach Charles Rosseau, and he told me his team is planning to appeal its 3-2 double OT loss to Key West in Tuesday night’s 4A regional semifinal.
                I wasn’t at the game (you can still hear my bosses laughing at my request to travel to Key West), but Rosseau and his team are not happy about the referees, who were from Dade County.
                Rosseau knows his team has itself to blame — mostly. “We had our opportunities to put it away in regulation, we had our opportunities in overtime, and in the last 30 seconds of overtime we just didn’t get back on defense,â€￾ he said. “I’m proud of my players for their effort.â€￾
                But the defending 4A state champions feel robbed, and here’s why:
                — Key West’s Seve Llama scored a goal late in regulation and assisted on the game-winner. Yet Rosseau said Llama had previously received two yellow cards — Rosseau said Key West had “nine or 10â€￾ yellow cards in the game, including one for the coach — but Llama was never ejected, as is the rule when a player receives two yellows.
                Rosseau is also upset that the referees arrived to the game a half hour late, and had to stop the game several times to confer on rulings, which never happens in soccer.
                Rosseau and athletic director R.J. Costello reviewed game tape today, and found another player that received a double-yellow. He said he will call the FHSAA “once I confirm what I already know is true,â€￾ and is also considering sending the tape to the FHSAA.
                FHSAA official Denarvise Thornton, who handles appeals, said FHSAA bylaws “allow for our office to deal with officials who misapply rulesâ€￾ or make egregious errors in judgment. He added, though, that no playoff game in his seven years with FHSAA has ever been replayed or its winner changed.
                Rosseau knows his appeal will most likely be for naught, but couldn’t let this sit quietly.
                “I don’t expect anything,â€￾ he said. “What’s done is done. If the ref wants to let people play and not keep track of the game, I have to deal with the hand I’m dealt.â€￾

Comment

Originally posted by guest442
                  FHSAA official Denarvise Thornton, who handles appeals, said FHSAA bylaws “allow for our office to deal with officials who misapply rulesâ€￾ or make egregious errors in judgment. He added, though, that no playoff game in his seven years with FHSAA has ever been replayed or its winner changed.
                  I think what this means is that in these situations when the FHSAA ackowledges wrong doing, they don't allow the losing team to take the place of the team that initially won. Instead, both teams are eliminated and the next opponent gets a bye. In this case Merritt Island would get a bye to the Final 4. I've seen it a few times over the years.

Comment

im pretty sure Merritt Island doesnt want to get a Bye..
                    they want to Destroy Key West for Jensen, and any other school that goes down there n has to deal with there bullsh**...
                    Our Baseball team went down there and had problems with the refs or umpires or w.e you call them, i don't see how you call or even ref a baseball game but w.e.
                    just any school that has played key west that i have herd of has had trouble with the refs in any sport played.

Comment

JB needs to grow the f#$k up. Show some dignity.

Comment

MI took care of business. Conks are done.

Comment

the thing with key west is they have been known to play dirty and any team that goes down there should know that the refs always favor them. good thing merrit island beat them 3-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                            the thing with key west is they have been known to play dirty and any team that goes down there should know that the refs always favor them. good thing merrit island beat them 3-1.
                            How is it that Merritt and Key West are in the same Region?

Comment

Your right Key West should be grouped with Cuba and Mexico

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X