Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milton HS Fundraiser

Waltham, 24th February 2009; Mass Premier Soccer, in conjunction with Milton Travel Soccer, is delighted to announce that the MPS Boston Renegades will kick-off the 2009 W-League season on Saturday 9th May against the Washington Freedom at Milton High School. The remainder of the Renegades schedule will be released in the next 10 days and will include three doubleheaders with the Boston Breakers. The game at Milton, which is set to kick off at 7.30pm, will act as a fundraiser evening, with all gate proceeds awarded to Milton HS varsity soccer coach Mike Madden who has tragically lost the use of his legs.

“We are delighted to host our 2009 curtain raiser at Milton High School,” said MPS Boston Renegades Head Coach Darren Gallagher. “It is a fitting tribute to Coach Madden that we can bring our W-League home opener to Milton for an event which promises to be a fantastic experience for all soccer fans in the area.”

Under the stewardship of Gallagher, the Renegades will field a team with aspirations of claiming the Renegades’ third national title at the W-League level. In 2009, the club will once again field a team littered with high level collegiate talent, a sprinkling of international stars and graduates from the MPS Premier Team program.

“The squad is primarily made up of top college student-athletes such as Tori Huster from Florida State University, complemented by international players such as Emma Delves from England and graduates of the MPS Premier Team Program including Devin Petta, the Massachusetts High School player of the year from Whitman-Hanson High School,” said Gallagher. “We also hope to have some players on the bubble of the Boston Breakers squad such as U-23 National team goalkeeper, Ashley Phillips, a Clemson graduate who has played for the Renegades in years past.”

Mike Madden is life-long soccer enthusiast from the Town of Milton where he was born and raised. In November, Mike went in to the hospital for back surgery and the results left him without full use of his legs. Mike and his wife, Heidi, live in Milton, MA with their five children - Ryan 14, Savannah 10, Josh, 8, Annabelle, 4 and young Michaela 4 months. Mike continues as the Boys Varsity Coach at Milton High School and is also actively involved in Milton Travel Soccer as both director of coach/player development and as a coach.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cool to see Devin Petta will be playing

I've noticed that some of the Renegades games are scheduled at Harvard Stadium before the Breakers games.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I've noticed that some of the Renegades games are scheduled at Harvard Stadium before the Breakers games.
      Double headers

Comment

Kudos to MPS and coach Darren G. Well done.

Comment

Darren Galagher posting his own thing and then giving kudos to himself. Simply pathetic!

Comment

Darren Galagher posting his own thing and then giving kudos to himself. Simply pathetic!
            No, your post is simply pathetic.

Comment

Wrong...I posted this. I am with MPS but was looking only at the fact that Petta will play here.

You dont always have to be an @ss

Comment

I don't like MPS but this was a nice gesture on their part.

Comment

I don't like MPS but this was a nice gesture on their part.
                  Its not their first thing like this. They must be awful people

Comment

Amy Caldwell has been added to the Renegades roster

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X