Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush Soccer?

Anyone hear the rumors of Rush soccer expanding it's alliance to clubs in MA?

"Rush Soccer's primary objective is to develop a national level club cooperative system that offers substantial opportunities for national corporate sponsorship and foundation support, provides the framework for a national coach and player development network, and will serve a significant centralized pool of talent for consideration by European, MLS, NCAA, US National and Olympic soccer programs. With twenty clubs currently affiliated with Rush Soccer--in Denver, Colorado Springs, Virginia Beach, Albuquerque, Houston, Tucson, Kansas City, Salt Lake City, Anchorage, Honolulu, Detroit, Boise, Sacramento, Lincoln, Memphis, Lexington, Philadelphia/Trenton and Bend (OR), Southern California, Arkansas and Lincoln (NE) - we are committed to growing to include over 40,000 players by the year 2011."

Re: Rush Soccer?

No, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
      No, have you?
      No, who are they forming alliances with?

Comment

Ask coach Marino

Comment

Why Marino?

Comment

The McDonald's of club soccer.

Comment

The Rush guys are a bunch of arrogant pr%cks. I haven't like one I've come across.

Nice uniforms, but other than that I don't know what they can offer any Mass club in a merger, unless they bring buckets and buckets of money to build a soccer complex.

Yes some of their clubs are ranked nationally, but others are a joke.

I say keep them out.

Comment

Hearing rumors of this too. Not surprising they are in region one they have not expanded into the northeast.

Hamlets were in talks last year about a big merger to make the largest club in MA. I know they are looking for a new full time DOC. Not sure if it was them talking to rush.

Comment

Hearing rumors of this too. Not surprising they are in region one they have not expanded into the northeast.

Hamlets were in talks last year about a big merger to make the largest club in MA. I know they are looking for a new full time DOC. Not sure if it was them talking to rush.
                  Um, what exactly would the Rush want with a has been club like FH? Might as well be talking to Post Road or CRU. They are just as relevant.

Comment

Um, what exactly would the Rush want with a has been club like FH? Might as well be talking to Post Road or CRU. They are just as relevant.
                    I don't see the Bowdens giving up control, but they would be one of the clubs I'd target if I were the Rush because they have fields and have had a past history of producing strong athletic soccer players. Same with CRU. None of the current top clubs are going to be interested in a merger with Rush, but this could be a way to revitalize a sagging program. Still don't see it happening though.

Comment

Hmm... Hamlets are far from "has been", but I know you just love to make such ignorant comments.

They are still a strong club. 16 teams in MAPLE + MASC teams and BWA . No, not at the top, but strong and sound.

16+ teams, very strong development program, ownership of 3 field complexes and financially sound.

Comment

Three field complexes? I had no idea of any beyond the Bowden fields. Where are the others?

Comment

"Rush Soccer's primary objective is to develop a national level club cooperative system that offers substantial opportunities for national corporate sponsorship and foundation support, provides the framework for a national coach and player development network, and will serve a significant centralized pool of talent for consideration by European, MLS, NCAA, US National and Olympic soccer programs. With twenty clubs currently affiliated with Rush Soccer--in Denver, Colorado Springs, Virginia Beach, Albuquerque, Houston, Tucson, Kansas City, Salt Lake City, Anchorage, Honolulu, Detroit, Boise, Sacramento, Lincoln, Memphis, Lexington, Philadelphia/Trenton and Bend (OR), Southern California, Arkansas and Lincoln (NE) - we are committed to growing to include over 40,000 players by the year 2011."
                          A visit to their website shows around 33,000 players in the Rush alliance.

What does Rush offer a club with the alliance?

DO they supply DOC's? I'm wondering what makes it attractive?

Comment

A visit to their website shows around 33,000 players in the Rush alliance.

What does Rush offer a club with the alliance?

DO they supply DOC's? I'm wondering what makes it attractive?
                            $ savings on uniforms and the name

Comment

An affiliation wouldnt make them the large club in the state

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X