Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Heritage

I'm not starting this thread to start wild rumors, but rather to give American Heritage Plantation and Delray Beach folks a place to clear the air.

Seems like there have been rumors/accusations about both AH schools swapping players and doing heavy recruiting. Now we all know recruiting happens, whether we like it or not, but lets look at the AH programs.

Let's try and keep this as factual as we can. So, what do ya'll know to be true about both AH programs, apart from the fact that they clearly have 2 very talented teams?

A.H. all the way

Comment

Heritage Delray has superior talent in 7-10th grade varsity players. They will be dominant team next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
        Heritage Delray has superior talent in 7-10th grade varsity players. They will be dominant team next few years.
        I agree. AH-Delray - great school, great coach and great team!

Comment

no one willing to address the question at the top?

Comment

No recruiting as far as I know of, only player (Girls Side) switched was due to the fact they moved closer to the Plantation campus. So I think the rumors are more sour grapes. I can tell you the public schools came up with more ways than you could imagine to get my daughter into their schools when she did not live in their area. that is really the place FHSAA should be looking for recruiting problems.

Comment

You are spot on. There are many loopholes in the public schools. Look at Nease and their slew of violations they have had.

Comment

Yes but how about Private school Potters house in girls basketball just bring the whole team in and add a couple public schools kids. This goes on every where.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                  Yes but how about Private school Potters house in girls basketball just bring the whole team in and add a couple public schools kids. This goes on every where.
                  It goes on everywhere, but more in the public schools than anyone wants to admit, especially where there are choice programs. The private schools are always assumed to recruit, because some do - not all.
                  Let's face it, if the team is a winner, everyone accuses them of recruiting. I'm tired of everyone pointing fingers. My kid got calls in seventh grade from public school coaches asking her to pick their school! She goes to a private school that isn't even good in her sport. But all her siblings (non-athletes) went there and that was where she/we wanted to go to school. Very few have accused the school of recruiting her because of the older siblings, but you know they would if we were a powerhouse. Like high school soccer matters. :roll:
                  Both private and public schools are guilty of recruiting, and there are both that are innocent.

Comment

Not true

They do recruit! Let’s stop acting like we are all idiots and these national team players just all magically appear at the door step of these schools. I hope they lose, and all those free tuitions go to waste.

Comment

They are a private school in which any parent has a choice to send their child to that school. If soccer is an important part of the child's life, why would they not want to go to either AH school. They have outstanding coaches in both boys and girls programs and the kids who are fortunate enough to play there should feel blessed for that opportunity to develop under great guidance. Some people value that opportunity instead of settling for the mediocrity of the coaching they would be getting at most public schools. Maybe we should consider the fact that their coaches can actually coach and develop their players and thus is the reason for their success and not just recruiting the best players as is evident with AHD girls who are succeeding with 8th graders making valuable contributions.

Comment

If a parent is sending their kid to a 2A or 3A school for soccer reasons then they are stupid. There is no competition and the kids do not develop. Look at the scores 8-0, 9-0, the only thing the kids learn from that is a victory dance.
                        I guess that would help at homecoming.

Comment

What's scary is that you are talking about private recruiting versus public recruiting. It goes on at both? Yes, but not at the 3A level. Tell me how much recruiting goes on at 3A public schools. And yet they are expected to compete with 3A private schools, some drawing in kids from large surrounding areas on scholarships. Maybe some recruiting goes on at 5A and 6A public schools. But what do you care? You don't compete with them in state playoffs.

Comment

I just heard AH Delray got whipped big time today by St. Johns Country Day. Maybe now AH will come back down to earth. They play no one all year and now when they finally played a decent team they got their butts wipped. This is why 2A is such a joke. They play Middle school teams all year and when they have to play a real team they get killed. The St. Johns team I hear is the real deal Could probably beat 4 or 5A teams. AH Delray is just a pretender!

Comment

I guess AHD beating Douglas earlier this year was another easy game. Oh wait didn't Douglas just win their 5th straight state championship. Maybe giving STJohn's a little credit for being a good team and beating a very young AH is a crazy concept. Unfortunately we only see the results and level of competion of the games and don't understand the value of good training in helping the kids to develop as players. I guess bashing them is easier than giving them credit for what they have accomplished.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X