Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer camps for U12 Girl

Does anyone have any experience / reviews of this camp held at the Brooks School in Andover - Vogelsinger Soccer Camp.

Re: Summer camps for U12 Girl

Very intense camp that have the kids going sun up to sun down and then some. Make sure your kid is in shape because they'll be hurtin' for cert'in if they are not.

Comment

Every child that I know who has attended has come back injured.

Comment

The Fuller Hamlets summer camp is one of the best camps and best value anywhere. It is excellent.

It's hardcore soccer, no pool parties or any of that, but so many players show marked improvement after a week of it.

Whether you like the club or not, there should be no dispute about how good the camp is.

Comment

The Fuller Hamlets summer camp is one of the best camps and best value anywhere. It is excellent.

It's hardcore soccer, no pool parties or any of that, but so many players show marked improvement after a week of it.

Whether you like the club or not, there should be no dispute about how good the camp is.
          Do they still have the end of the week competition where all the losers watch the handful of "winners" play soccer?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest

Do they still have the end of the week competition where all the losers watch the handful of "winners" play soccer?

Make no mistake, it's a competitive camp. I asked my 11 year old if they watched the "winners" play the "world cup" final last year. She says they all played a world cup game every day. On the last day they did all watch the shoot-out of the "cup championship" after their game was over.

I'm looking for good training and competitive element at a reasonable cost. I have sent my four kids there and all have shown a marked improvement for the week, especially the first time going.

With four kids playing soccer we have been to many camps ranging in cost and intensity from "Play Soccer" when P_ete Bradley was there (long ago) to Tony DiCicco's $occer Plus Camp in CT. For my money Hamlets camp is the best value and shows the most improvement.

What more can you ask for?

Comment

Make no mistake, it's a competitive camp. I asked my 11 year old if they watched the "winners" play the "world cup" final last year. She says they all played a world cup game every day. On the last day they did all watch the shoot-out of the "cup championship" after their game was over.

I'm looking for good training and competitive element at a reasonable cost. I have sent my four kids there and all have shown a marked improvement for the week, especially the first time going.

With four kids playing soccer we have been to many camps ranging in cost and intensity from "Play Soccer" when P_ete Bradley was there (long ago) to Tony DiCicco's $occer Plus Camp in CT. For my money Hamlets camp is the best value and shows the most improvement.

What more can you ask for?
              I sent (4) kids there 3 years ago ... The camp was OK, the last day award ceremonies and other festivities were so obnoxiously pro-hamlet (and all else are scum) that all 4 kids (non-hamlet) never returned and the parents would never pay to have them go back.

Don't bother unless you are willing to sacrifice your child on the stone temple of the great god Hamlet....LOL

The Revs have 1/2 day camps and they are superb ... Great coaching and skill training and even though they are 1/2 day all "my" kids came out tired and happy (they keep them moving...)

Holy Cross has a camp for both overnight and day camp players, I have heard from a number of parents that it is great and they keeep going back year after year.

If your daughter is a pretty good player (mid level maple or better), check out the DSP program if you want her to get some quality touches in game situations over the summer, last years info is here and will give you a feel for the program:

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/pages/75_d ... _select.cf

Comment

I sent (4) kids there 3 years ago ... The camp was OK, the last day award ceremonies and other festivities were so obnoxiously pro-hamlet (and all else are scum) that all 4 kids (non-hamlet) never returned and the parents would never pay to have them go back.

Don't bother unless you are willing to sacrifice your child on the stone temple of the great god Hamlet....LOL

The Revs have 1/2 day camps and they are superb ... Great coaching and skill training and even though they are 1/2 day all "my" kids came out tired and happy (they keep them moving...)

Holy Cross has a camp for both overnight and day camp players, I have heard from a number of parents that it is great and they keeep going back year after year.

If your daughter is a pretty good player (mid level maple or better), check out the DSP program if you want her to get some quality touches in game situations over the summer, last years info is here and will give you a feel for the program:

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/pages/75_d ... _select.cf
                Poor old Martyn. You wonder what on earth he is thinking with those speeches. He does run a very good camp,very strong on fundamentals, but ALWAYS manages to piss some people off at the awards ceremony.

The revs camp, last i knew, are run by challenger sports camps. (Challenger coaches in Revs gear). Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

At the award ceremonies I've been to, he had something good to say about every camper. Yes he promoted his club, He does act like a pompous windbag at times, but is a very good trainer. Why does everyone take him so seriously?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X