Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I accidently blew up my computer!!

This probably does not belong on this forum, but since I am a soccer parent and this really did happen to a friend of mine last week, I thought it might be good information, since you all have computers.
    My friend called me from California, and I asked her how her week had been, (she is a stock broker and works from home, and before you tell me that all stock brokers are having bad weeks, I will tell you that she actually got all of her clients out of the market in early 08 and into other things), anyway, she said "terrible, I accidently blew up my computer". I asked her how, and she told me that she had on her bedroom slippers and had walked across her den, which is carpeted, and touched the "enter" key on her computer and "blew her computer up". It appears that the static electricity on her body wiped out her laptop computer when she touched it. She took the computer into a place to find out what happened and they told her that while it is not common, they had heard of it happening. This is a cautionary tale.thebes20
    Site Admin

Private messageE-mail
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X