Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explosion into the future

A guy at Foerkicks was telling me that the Explosion 13s girls have become the premier team in New England and that they are attracting all of the top talent around ans crushing everybody in national tournaments. Is this a one time thing or will many of the younger teams follow leading to a new superpower in the region? future national team players?

Re: Explosion into the future

Was this guy wearing an "organge" coat per chance?

Comment

Iv'e seen the Explosion guy recruiting at Forkicks several times. A few weeks ago during my daughter's game against Norton I think, he was talking to a lot of the parents of the team they were playing against trying to get them to sign up. It seemed like he would ask anyone because he also asked me and some of my daughter's team's parents. He seemed to know what he was talking about.

Comment

Guys recruiting for a U13 team at an indoor facility (especially town teams?) doesn't know what he is talking about. Do you think the Stars and Scorpions are talking up parents at indoor facilities? They will wait for the talent to come to them.

Comment

All bull. First Explosion are a second tier club at best. They are not beating everyone and certainly not beating everyone in National tournaments. And do you really think if they were the coach would be recruiting everyone he sees?!? The team did do well last fall in MAPLE. That's it. And Stars and Scorpions recruit players ALL the time, just like everyone else. They don't just sit back and wait for players to come to them. One of the great myths in MA soccer.

Comment

He was recruiting for the younger teams. My daughter's team is all 5th graders with 2 6th graders. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

He gets up the speech, They through a spot, little fire, and smiles a little. Later, the U13 girl team will lose many, but the result with possesses other not to train differently his small belt: Irrelevant. When the minute tick-tock makes noise before the game, player for penalty kick lining up. They miss most, although some poverty-stricken not where family. the beaver prepare to use. This night, the match is different is surveyed with several years the main characteristic player, is not several months. Yes, In fact, their won't wins this season, if it completely. " We know we' ll loses, " hasn't won in five years has surpassed in a season two competition. Therefore what drives them? Why play? What if has any them to obtain from an imbalance loss after other? Why a the player, comes back, and it, year after year? We exit there to obtain the pleasure, " Usually it obtains abjective, but I try maintain the spirit. If I start not to like itself, the team can get down. You want to attempt and to retain spiritual up." Must observe one about the behavior plan. The school, according to its website, Student; The experience society, the emotion or about the behavior difficulty, the academic society challenges or family strife." Each society, economy and cultural context; " For a reason or other, the family does not hope is the choice, " We' helps them to learn again, to live with grow." only other sports girl possibly in school use. " I must use, " " I must play the sports to retain itself in trouble." Outside; " If there' s movement any, I' ll play." ports help mature student establishment relations. The coordination, that is basic. " Has the night, when we knew when any we are the oppositions, " It gives them an opportunity interaction mutually . Certainly, it also gives them the competitive one kind of feeling and an opportunity visits other schools. It helps to build character." trains the boy team: " child is suitable tough in theirs life all aspects. It' s not in card you deal, but how do you broadcast drop. But they chose do not let define them. Has the objective time, and the child depressed. Regarding many these players, Easy and doesn't comes rapidly.sometimes is easy to the player becomes depressed. " If sometimes, we again getting down, our don't has many submarines, and the child can obtain tiredly, " That may be objective is them." rigid theorizing practices to be meaningful, although it presents the unique challenge. " We possibly have one full squad one night, and the next night drops several players. Has some losing sleep nights." In week period, two teams practice every day at least for 1 hour. Small digital limit anything they may practice do, but coach said that they stress the coordination. However, the majority their competitions will dispatch with two many player's teams. said it' Difficult s use opposition struggle. You can escape do that matter you can't escapes opposes other teams, " " You can think that hello that's Dangerous. It possibly lets you exit temporarily or loses in road." They have all these individuality they to catch together, " " Numbers the lower limit, it Surprised they may collect team every year. The strict rule they have, surprised they to be possible to continue to mess with the child to broadcast the schedule -- And they've has made its for many years. " They have competition's one true spirit, since, when competes is balanced. They have compared to rise a bigger wall very much. They are every day that facing material we don't." We' ll has many fun."

Comment

the Explosion 13s girls - a new superpower in the region?

I never laughed so hard! Thanks for this!

Comment

Originally posted by Leezy
                  the Explosion 13s girls - a new superpower in the region?

I never laughed so hard! Thanks for this!
                  Thanks for most of the responses. Sounds like I was getting a sales pitch,. One thing though, is it true that if your daughter is really good then she may not have to pay as long as you keep quiet about it?

Comment

That is generally not true. Most clubs give scholarships to kids who need help financially, but they need to balance their rosters to be able to afford the couple of scholarships they give. If a club is offering their best player(s) scholarships it is clear you need to stay away from them - meaning if this is the only way they can attract top talent they are introuble. None of the top clibs in the state give it away unless the family needs it.

Comment

Almost all Massachusetts clubs are not for profit. There are some exceptions but chances are that your club is registered as a state not for profit and a federal tax exempt entity. This means that the club must adhere to some strict financial requirements. One of those is that they CANNOT give away scholarships exept based on financial need. The larger more organized clubs will have a formal application process and an independent and confidential review board. Smaller clubs may have a more informal process but if your club is a not for profit and they are giving scholarships or discounts to atract talent - then be very concerned. It may merely be an oversight but is more likely a sign of a troubling attitude within the club.

Comment

"I never laughed so hard! Thanks for this![/quote]"

"He who laughs first will laugh last"

Lets let the season play out and see.
                        They may not be a power house like the stars team.
                        They may not have the reputation of the Elite teams in Massachusetts
                        I am sure they will be a good team to watch in the spring.

Comment

The history with this particular club shows that they are not afraid of bending/breaking rules. The are the A-Rod of Maple and embrace the concept of false advertisement. There are plenty of more reputable clubs for your daughter to play with in MA and RI (depending on where you live)

Comment

"I never laughed so hard! Thanks for this!
                            "

"He who laughs first will laugh last"

Lets let the season play out and see.
                            They may not be a power house like the stars team.
                            They may not have the reputation of the Elite teams in Massachusetts
                            I am sure they will be a good team to watch in the spring.[/quote]

Im sure they'll be good but I was laughing at the Superpower

Comment

Explosion FC, Inc. is a domestic for profit corporation, so JS can give away anything he wants without violating the law. You may still wonder about the use of grants and discounts to bring in recruits, especially 11 and 12, YOs but it isn't illegal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X