Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub Region 1 vs. MAPLE U16G comparison

Here are the teams listed by Got Soccer ranking for Spring 2009.

Sub Region One:
    HBC Intense [Eastern NY] #1 in NYE, #7 in R1
    Seacoast Premier [New Hampshire] #1 NH and #34 R1
    RI Rays Sting [Rhode Island] #1 in RI, #43 in R1
    CFC Arsenal [Connecticut] #2 in CT, #45 in R1
    Manhattan Fusion [Eastern NY] #7 NYE and #46 in R1
    Maine Metro [Maine] #2 out of 6 in ME and #48 in R1
    South Central Cyber Rays [Connecticut] #3 in CT and #50 in R1
    Massapequa Storm [Eastern NY] #8 NYE and #51 in R1
    Stony Brook Revolution [Eastern NY] #11 NYE and #58 in R1
    MPS Renegades [Massachusetts] #5 in MA, #70 in R1
    NEEFC [Massachusetts] #6 in MA, #100 in R1
    SUSC-ME Chaos [Maine] 4th out of 6 in ME, 111th in R1
    NH Classics [New Hampshire] #3 in NH and #127 in R1
    New England Aztec [Massachusetts] #7 in MA, #129 in R1
    VSA United [Massachusetts] #9 in MA,#152 in R1

MAPLE D1:

Bruno United #2 in RI, #86 in R1
    NE Eagles FC #6 in MA, #100 in R1
    New England Aztec Storm #7 in MA, #129 in R1
    Stars of MA Athletic #8 in MA, #151 in R1
    Crusaders #11 in MA, #177 in R1
    Fuller Hamlets #14 in MA, #215 in R1
    Inter SC Boston UNRANKED
    Scorpions UNRANKED

MAPLE D2:

FC Puma #4 in MA, #40 in R1
    R.I. Rays #1 in RI, #43 in R1
    Western United #12 in MA, #209 in R1
    Pioneers #15 in MA, #217 in R1
    Nor'easter Stng UNRANKED
    North Shore UNRANKED
    Greater Boston UNRANKED
    FC United UNRANKED

Looks like Sub Region One is the most competitive league because of the New York and CT teams. Puma would be the #3 highest ranked team by R1 ranking if they had played Sub Regional. Rhode Island Rays are ranked #3 in Sub regional league and are also in MAPLE D2. Bruno would be the 11th ranked team in sub regional, they are #1 in MAPLE D1. Eagles are #2 in MAPLE D1, #11 in sub region one. In MAPLE D1 Stars Athletic and Aztecs Storm are higher ranked than the lowest subregional teams. Aztecs Storm has a much higher Got Soccer ranking than their "A" team. What does this all mean? The competition is better on sub region one. The top 10 teams in that league have a chance to move up next year. Also Bruno and Puma would fit right in if they played in that league.If mathman still reads this forum, maybe he'd care to comment?

Re: Sub Region 1 vs. MAPLE U16G comparison

Mathman -

Sub Region One: MM average 1158

HBC Intense [Eastern NY] 1484
    Seacoast Premier [New Hampshire]1178
    RI Rays Sting [Rhode Island] 1126
    CFC Arsenal [Connecticut]1226
    Manhattan Fusion [Eastern NY] 1135
    Maine Metro [Maine] 894
    South Central Cyber Rays [Connecticut] 1285
    Massapequa Storm [Eastern NY] 1195
    Stony Brook Revolution [Eastern NY] 1268
    MPS Renegades [Massachusetts] 1223
    NEEFC [Massachusetts] 1156
    SUSC-ME Chaos [Maine] 930
    NH Classics [New Hampshire] 965
    New England Aztec [Massachusetts] 1274
    VSA United [Massachusetts] 1032

MAPLE D1: MM average 1104

Bruno United 1050
    NE Eagles 1156
    New England Aztec Storm 942
    Stars of MA Athletic 889
    Crusaders 1213
    Fuller Hamlets 1281
    Inter SC Boston 1184
    Scorpions 1120

MAPLE D2: MM average 1049

FC Puma 1227
    R.I. Rays 1126
    Western United 1175
    Pioneers 990
    Nor'easter1032
    North Shore 955
    Greater Boston 1058
    FC United 827

Not Mathman but it looks like there's not much difference between subregional and MAPLE Div. 1 in this age group.

Comment

Mathman -

Sub Region One: MM average 1158

HBC Intense [Eastern NY] 1484
      Seacoast Premier [New Hampshire]1178
      RI Rays Sting [Rhode Island] 1126
      CFC Arsenal [Connecticut]1226
      Manhattan Fusion [Eastern NY] 1135
      Maine Metro [Maine] 894
      South Central Cyber Rays [Connecticut] 1285
      Massapequa Storm [Eastern NY] 1195
      Stony Brook Revolution [Eastern NY] 1268
      MPS Renegades [Massachusetts] 1223
      NEEFC [Massachusetts] 1156
      SUSC-ME Chaos [Maine] 930
      NH Classics [New Hampshire] 965
      New England Aztec [Massachusetts] 1274
      VSA United [Massachusetts] 1032

MAPLE D1: MM average 1104

Bruno United 1050
      NE Eagles 1156
      New England Aztec Storm 942
      Stars of MA Athletic 889
      Crusaders 1213
      Fuller Hamlets 1281
      Inter SC Boston 1184
      Scorpions 1120

MAPLE D2: MM average 1049

FC Puma 1227
      R.I. Rays 1126
      Western United 1175
      Pioneers 990
      Nor'easter1032
      North Shore 955
      Greater Boston 1058
      FC United 827

Not Mathman but it looks like there's not much difference between subregional and MAPLE Div. 1 in this age group.
      Or D2 for that matter.According to this Puma and Rays are/would be the #2 and #3 ranked teams in SubRegional league. And puma is 2nd only to Hamlets in Mathman rating. So much for the MAPLE divisions making any sense at all.

Comment

Any idea when schedules for SR1 will be published?

Comment

The average you are trying to use to make them all seem the same is ridiculous. Averages take into account the weak ME and RI teams. Take them out and the Subregional numbers are WAY above MAPLE.

Comment

The average you are trying to use to make them all seem the same is ridiculous. Averages take into account the weak ME and RI teams. Take them out and the Subregional numbers are WAY above MAPLE.
            Okay then - take the bottom two out of subregional and the average is 1195. Take the bottom one out of each of the MAPLE divisions and their averages are 1134 and 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
              Okay then - take the bottom two out of subregional and the average is 1195. Take the bottom one out of each of the MAPLE divisions and their averages are 1134 and 1080.
              So then the question becomes:

Is it worth it to drive 200 miles each way to play 2 soccer games in a row on a Saturday, then hustle back to Mass to play again on Sunday? Seems like alot of money/gas/acl injury exposure to me. And to play in a league which is statistically the same as MAPLE D1 and D2?

Comment

If they want to qualify for Premier League next year...yes

Comment

True. But unless things have really changed, the only Mass team with a legit shot of promotion is the Aztecs. Did they replace the keeper who went to the Stars? If not, that could change things for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
                    True. But unless things have really changed, the only Mass team with a legit shot of promotion is the Aztecs. Did they replace the keeper who went to the Stars? If not, that could change things for them.
                    Things have really changed. Let the games begin!

Comment

"Things have really changed. Let the games begin!"

What has changed? People are so funny. Stars U and Scorps are still the best, Stars R are in Region 1 and were 14-0 in MAPLE Div. 1 the last two years so they dropped out, and then there is all the rest that can not make the leap up to the Top 3. I remember NESS talking a lot last year - we all know what happened there. The Top 3 have not lost a game to anyone else in over 2 years in this age group. Think that is going to change in June 2009? Nothing has changed - don't kid yourself.

Comment

Basically the teams playing in MAPLE worry about the other MAPLE teams. Maybe everything has changed for them. The teams playing in Region One worry about those teams. Those playing in Super Y worry about those teams. And they are all relatively clueless (or at least the parents are) about those teams their kids' teams don't face regularly in leagues. I think it is far to say everything may have changed in MAPLE.

Comment

HBC has to be considered the favorite to win the SubR. Only the winning team earns a R1PL spot for next year.

Eagles, Aztecs and MPS will need outstanding performances in order to challenge.

Comment

HBC has to be considered the favorite to win the SubR. Only the winning team earns a R1PL spot for next year.

Eagles, Aztecs and MPS will need outstanding performances in order to challenge.
                            I think MPS is using it just for State Cup qualifying, thats it

Comment

Basically the teams playing in MAPLE worry about the other MAPLE teams. Maybe everything has changed for them. The teams playing in Region One worry about those teams. Those playing in Super Y worry about those teams. And they are all relatively clueless (or at least the parents are) about those teams their kids' teams don't face regularly in leagues. I think it is far to say everything may have changed in MAPLE.
                              this concept has played out each spring when the three Massachusetts soccer worlds (R1 Premier, MAPLE and Super Y) meet at the State Cup Round Robin. Think of it this way, by most accounts the Aztecs, Eagles, MPS, Hamlets and Puma represent the second tier of the Mass U16 soccer universe. In the last 30 months how many times have they faced the Stars United? The Scorpions? Once, maybe twice. In some cases probably none. Yet in the same time frame how many times has Puma played the Hamlets or Aztecs. Maybe a half-dozen or more. Ultimately a couple of these half dozen MAPLE D1 calibre teams want to break from their log jam. Maybe land an entry into Jefferson or PDA. The easiest way to do this is via the sub-regional league. The Aztecs have created a perception that they are the fourth best team in the state. Their only legitimate success came in last springs MAPLE season. Their Mathman rating, Got Soccer Ranking and tournament performances place them right along with Puma, Hamlets, Inter and the Eagles, yet many subjectively see them as the side with the best shot to knock off one of the big three. Why? because they have done the best job of using their individual team and overall club success to create this image. To a certain extent so have the Eagles and Renegades. None of these teams need to win the Sub-regional but they cannot perform poorly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X